• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NLCS Game 4: Blanton versus the Bum 10/20/10

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Giants go. Just keep playing like you've been playing with the house money. Remember, you guys are not supposed to be here. Just relax and go out there and execute.

Bum, I hope you take a page out of Cain's book and change up your speeds on the fastball. This team loves that pitch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoooohooooo! I can't wait. As if work didn't make the day go slow enough. This is the biggest day for Giants baseball in almost a decade!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest day....until tomorrow :-)

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why but I've had a real good feeling about this series. Just feel like we can be the cinderella team this year. Here's hoping that Lincy is looking to close out the series tomorrow!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why but I've had a real good feeling about this series. Just feel like we can be the cinderella team this year. Here's hoping that Lincy is looking to close out the series tomorrow!

Agreed. We have that feel, the luck is so far with us. The baseball gods are harsh, though, and fickle. Still can't get too excited. Yet.

The next problem is the Rangers seem to have the same vibe. If we face them, whose Cinderella slipper fits better?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. We have that feel, the luck is so far with us. The baseball gods are harsh, though, and fickle. Still can't get too excited. Yet.

The next problem is the Rangers seem to have the same vibe. If we face them, whose Cinderella slipper fits better?

We got EVERY close call in the ATL series (as well as a few that were not that close) and are probably in the positive column so far in this series as well. I just hope we do not need to have the umps in our pocket every time...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got EVERY close call in the ATL series (as well as a few that were not that close) and are probably in the positive column so far in this series as well. I just hope we do not need to have the umps in our pocket every time...

It's too late. The fix is already on. Not only are the umpires on our side (doubtful, but at least somewhat believable to tin hat wearers), but now the Philly players are taking fastballs right down the middle (unbelievable).

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a good feeling that we're going to jump all over Blanton today and that MadBum is going to make sure these Philly bats stay asleep. Yesterday was huge. Very excited about today.

Hopefully, Andres Torres can turn it back on.

How do you guys feel about Rent? I was worried about his torn bicep, but he really contributed yesterday and is one of the smartest, most professional guys we have. Or, would you rather see Panda play because of the potential of his bat despite his current lack of baseball IQ?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a good feeling that we're going to jump all over Blanton today and that MadBum is going to make sure these Philly bats stay asleep. Yesterday was huge. Very excited about today.

How do you guys feel about Rent? I was worried about his torn bicep, but he really contributed yesterday and is one of the smartest, most professional guys we have. Or, would you rather see Panda play because of the potential of his bat despite his current lack of baseball IQ?

Rent did a great job yesterday. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this today.

Torres - CF
Franchez - 2B
Huff - 1B
Burrell - LF
Ross - RF
Posey - C
Renteria - SS
Uribe/Sandoval - 3B (depending on how hurt UUU is.....his bat looks real slow)
Bumgarner - P

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too late. The fix is already on. Not only are the umpires on our side (doubtful, but at least somewhat believable to tin hat wearers), but now the Philly players are taking fastballs right down the middle (unbelievable).

What I like about this one is, let's say in some batshit alternate universe Selig did bark such orders into a telephone and then Manuel tells his hitters 'ok you heard the boss, don't swing at fat ones'....WHY in the HELL would they want the Giants in the WS, and not H2O and the fabulous Phils? For that matter, why didn't they call the Rangers and tell them to lay off their cash cow Yankees?

TrueNiners (another sane individual) tries this bullshit sometimes in his umpjacking threads, or better yet his BOCHYjacking threads. I LOVED those! I used to ask True if he was seriously posting that Bochy was trying to lose games, and he said of course isn't it obvious? Why, True? Because MLB said so, of course. Oh. Makes perfect sense!

I mean, obviously Tito is full of shit but at least try something with ANY chance of logic behind it. I guess that's how good Cain was, there literally NOTHING you can say bad about his performance.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing we have to acknowledge is Philly's bats are too good to just suck all series long. That's not how baseball works (to me anyway). I mean, maybe we get a sweep of destiny and that's exactly what happens but I can't be comfortable yet.

And it'll be just how you least expect it, like Timmeh giving up 5.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing we have to acknowledge is Philly's bats are too good to just suck all series long. That's not how baseball works (to me anyway). I mean, maybe we get a sweep of destiny and that's exactly what happens but I can't be comfortable yet.

And it'll be just how you least expect it, like Timmeh giving up 5.

I think Ibanez and JRoll will continue to be vulnerable. They just aren't the players they used to be. But you're right about the rest of that lineup. Utley, Victorino, Werth, Howard, Ruiz and Polanco are all very capable and some of them have already made their mark this series.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ibanez and JRoll will continue to be vulnerable. They just aren't the players they used to be. But you're right about the rest of that lineup. Utley, Victorino, Werth, Howard, Ruiz and Polanco are all very capable and some of them have already made their mark this series.

From the Philly perspective, Charlie Manuel's gotta do something and not let JRoll and Ibanez hit next to each other in the lineup because right now those two being together is a rally killer for the Phils.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Philly perspective, Charlie Manuel's gotta do something and not let JRoll and Ibanez hit next to each other in the lineup because right now those two being together is a rally killer for the Phils.

I think he will do something. He'll bench Ibanez and put in Ben Francisco. Ibanez will come in to pinch hit, and he will probably start game 5, but I bet Charlie goes with Francisco tonight. Jimmy has to stay in the line-up, but you're right, I doubt they bat next to each other again.

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you Heathbar , I think Francisco gets the start tonight .

I want to see Pablo get some AB's today as well , my lineup

Torres
Sanchez
Huff
Posey
Burrell
Ross
Sandoval
Uribe / Rent ( If Uribe's healthy he starts )

I would like to see Ross 5 , Pat the Bat 6 , Bochy will never do it .

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Torres
Sanchez
Huff
Posey
Burrell
Ross
Sandoval

I can certainly live with that line-up. Especially, if Andy Towers grabs a bat that is a couple ounces lighter. ElJim is spot on with his assessment. He's using all arms. Whether that is due to health or something else, the bat needs to be lighter.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Torres
Sanchez
Huff
Posey
Burrell
Ross
Sandoval

One of the things I liked about yesterday's lineup was moving Posey from 4 to 3. He's not showuing much power lately, but getting hits, so maybe 3rd is better for him. Huff maybe not a 3 hitter right now?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, we're all wrong. Here it is boys.

SS Renteria
2B Sanchez
1B Huff
C Posey
LF Burrell
RF Ross
3B Sandoval
CF Rowand
P Bumgarner

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, we're all wrong. Here it is boys.

SS Renteria
2B Sanchez
1B Huff
C Posey
LF Burrell
RF Ross
3B Sandoval
CF Rowand
P Bumgarner

I'm alright with that. Bochy has definitely been about "what have you done for me lately?" (e.g., demoting Romo, benching Panda, benching Fontenot and giving consecutive starts to Rent and Rowand after they played well). So far, it's worked.