• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban on 60 minutes tonight! Listen and learn...

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4down, bandwagon

I thought it was well done. It certainly won't hurt recruiting! I believe he became an Alabama man after the tornado. It didn't take this piece to know that either. I remember everyone talking about it down here including his wife.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'll start a thread called the troll thread. Since every time a poster talks about their team he is accused of being a troll. Everyone will be invited on to say anything about their team and dog the others if they feel like it. The only rule would be you can't make it personal. Say all you want about the teams. It's really ironic because that is what college football is about. When someone is a fan of a team they are about that team. They only care for another team if it will help their team YET on here you can't do that. You get slammed for it. Well guess what folks I think Alabama can beat the shit out of your team. So what! Deep down you do too! :nod: Now don't go on any other thread and say anything good about your teams cause I'll be watching. :suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4down, bandwagon

I thought it was well done. It certainly won't hurt recruiting! I believe he became an Alabama man after the tornado. It didn't take this piece to know that either. I remember everyone talking about it down here including his wife.

I too think when he saw the impact that devastation had on that small town and the way everyone pulled together that he and his wife became entrenched in the Alabama family for the remainder of his time he coaches. i know he feels differently now than he did when he showed up at the school, you can see it in his and his wife's faces when they talk about the school and the town.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too think when he saw the impact that devastation had on that small town and the way everyone pulled together that he and his wife became entrenched in the Alabama family for the remainder of his time he coaches. i know he feels differently now than he did when he showed up at the school, you can see it in his and his wife's faces when they talk about the school and the town.
I do think tricky Nicky is really a good guy. As I have said before I do not think all that he does with regards to NCAA rules is on the up and up but he seems to really care for his players, the school and the community. At the end of the day that is exactly what you want in a HC.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An "Alabama man". I'm gonna need a tissue. I think I'm tearing up here. Geez, you guys are hilarious.
giggle.gif
This one gets bookmarked for Nicky's press conference when he announces how proud he is to become a part of the {fill in the blank} family.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no there is a break in between Sunday night football coming on and the end of the afternoon games. You can watch after all! See you're already starting to win more! :nod:
We tried to record it, but an NFL game went long, so we didn't get to see the segment on Saban. Will have to find a Youtube link

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We tried to record it, but an NFL game went long, so we didn't get to see the segment on Saban. Will have to find a Youtube link

It was a good watch....I knew the guy was possessed...but man. I had a big laugh when explaining why he pushes everyone so much....he believes you'll never have team chemistry with slackers.

""you can't have team chemistry. Because high achievers hate mediocre people and mediocre people hate high achievers." :nod:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An "Alabama man". I'm gonna need a tissue. I think I'm tearing up here. Geez, you guys are hilarious.
giggle.gif
This one gets bookmarked for Nicky's press conference when he announces how proud he is to become a part of the {fill in the blank} family.
Its about on par with "Michigan man" with the felons and rapist on that team.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giggle.gif
Most Bama fans are realistic about the possibility of Saban leaving if he wants to do so. IMO, whoever hired him would have to offer him complete and unquestioned control of their football program, and likely beyond (see Saban's control over even student groups attending games at Bama).

Not sure which athletic directors (in schools with significant money) are willing to play second fiddle to Saban, other than Bama.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for how Saban does it, it's simple. He signs 25 players every season and sends those who don't perform to his standards to other schools. Remember the max number on scholarship is 85.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for how Saban does it, it's simple. He signs 25 players every season and sends those who don't perform to his standards to other schools. Remember the max number on scholarship is 85.
You may be a little off on that 25 number...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He recruits them and tells them about his higher standards, they follow through knowing full well he is a disciplinarian and will work them into "his way or the highway" shape. If they dont follow though with their end of the bargain and perform(fully, meaning education, rules, performance and growth on the field and otherwise) then he doesnt offer them a scholarship the following year. This has changed too as they are now offering the four year scholarship, but they still have to meet the requirements of that scholarship, or else.

Sadly all you could come up with was your lame excuse instead of seeing that he is the best because of his never tiring efforts to make his team buy into his ways, and they do seem to work. 3 of 4 doesnt lie.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any real evidence of this?

As I've seen, the kids transfer when it becomes apparent they won't get playing time. I've never heard of Saban dropping scholarships, so that would be news to me.

Some kids decide to stay even when they know they won't get playing time, so I don't see how it's Saban pulling scholarships.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any real evidence of this?

As I've seen, the kids transfer when it becomes apparent they won't get playing time. I've never heard of Saban dropping scholarships, so that would be news to me.

Some kids decide to stay even when they know they won't get playing time, so I don't see how it's Saban pulling scholarships.

He has dropped a few such as Robbie Green and the guys who got arrested recently. A few others i remember due to their discipline or scholastic problems, but they usually get the message long before hand that they are not going to get playing time due to their lack of follow through on their end. Hell, how long did he keep that receiver that was from tOSU (forget his name) on the team, and he never suited for a single game, but had a scholarship the whole time.

These people who "think" they know about the inner workings of Alabama football and why players leave is laughable at best.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has dropped a few such as Robbie Green and the guys who got arrested recently. A few others i remember due to their discipline or scholastic problems, but they usually get the message long before hand that they are not going to get playing time due to their lack of follow through on their end. Hell, how long did he keep that receiver that was from tOSU (forget his name) on the team, and he never suited for a single game, but had a scholarship the whole time.

These people who "think" they know about the inner workings of Alabama football and why players leave is laughable at best.

Oh well kicking players off the team for disciplinary actions I wouldn't count. IIRC Robbie Green liked the green stuff and kept getting in trouble for it.

And the skittles 4 was a no brainer and if anything shows Saban as a no-nonsense kind of guy since there were 4 and 5 star recruits in that.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well kicking players off the team for disciplinary actions I wouldn't count. IIRC Robbie Green liked the green stuff and kept getting in trouble for it.

And the skittles 4 was a no brainer and if anything shows Saban as a no-nonsense kind of guy since there were 4 and 5 star recruits in that.

I agree 100%, but you know as soon as they let them go, the word was Saban had to make his quota in order to get down to 85. Ddint matter if they had committed a crime, all they saw was Saban getting to his 85 number. You know your in their minds alot when they constantly talk about you.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be a little off on that 25 number...
Per Rivals:
2014 22 commits, probably going to be 25 when signing day arrives.
2013 25 commits
2012 26 commits
2011 23 commits
2010 26 commits
2009 28 commits
2008 32 commits
2007 25 commits
In no way, shape or form am I writing that this is wrong, it's effective.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Rivals:
2014 22 commits, probably going to be 25 when signing day arrives.
2013 25 commits
2012 26 commits
2011 23 commits
2010 26 commits
2009 28 commits
2008 32 commits
2007 25 commits
In no way, shape or form am I writing that this is wrong, it's effective.

Well Bama was a little behind everyone around 2007 due to the 28 schollie losses. Had to catch up some how! :whistle:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its about on par with "Michigan man" with the felons and rapist on that team.

Not a UM fan... not even much of a college football fan, really. I prefer watching the real thing on Sundays... but whatever floats your boat. I'm just someone who's familiar with Saban's act. An OSU fan calling out someone he thinks is a UM fan over illegal activities ? Now that's pretty funny.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a dishonest process. You don't offer a kid a scholarship unless you have one to offer. Bama and many of the SEC schools do this all the time and then do a cut down or grey shirt kids that were promised a scholarship. Its a way of keeping 100-125 kids tied to your program even though you only have 85 scholarships to give away. Its a dishonest process that shows you don't know how to evaluate a kids potential. If he doesn't make the cut you encourage him to take a medical hardship or have your medical staff fail the kid on a physical. That is your "great man". And before you blast me with all the you just made this up here is the link to the evidence Oversigning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go on and read the Wall Street Journal article too. It is worth looking it up. I will be interesting to see how they fair when the 25 scholarship limit that was imposed by the conference kicks in. Since 2011 no SEC team has been allowed to sign more than 25 per year per new conference rule to address this issue. This gives them a couple of more years before we really see it affect them.