• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHLPA Approves Return-to-Play Format

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How they gonna find good ice outdoors in July?
They don't have good ice in the outdoor games in January, so far that hasn't stopped them.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Hockey guy just posted a video of mediocure teams that went to the playoffs. it was common in the early NHL to have a losing record and still make the finals. 3 team with losing records actually won the cup.
Plus look at the 2012 Kings. the combined regular season put them at 41-41.
the teams and the league needs tv money to help recoup what has been lost.
next season might be a 16 plus 4 team format.

For the play-ins, I will take...(subject to change lol)

Leafs
Penguins
Islanders
Hurricanes
Jets
Oilers
Nashville
Canucks
Nashville

and I am on the fence for a lot of these. Just don't know what to expect when things start up again.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So using hub cities means all teams (players and support staff) will be staying in close proximity with all the others. It also stands to reason that the players will be working out in one singular gym facility, not to mention sharing locker rooms and ice.

Do you quarantine a whole team if one staffer or player tests positive and have them forfeit for two weeks while everyone quarantines, or do you quarantine any player who shared any facility with the infected person? My boss' daughter is a nurse. She tested positive. Everyone she was known to have direct contact with had to stay home for 2 weeks.

That's just the biggest and most immediate question I have.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So using hub cities means all teams (players and support staff) will be staying in close proximity with all the others. It also stands to reason that the players will be working out in one singular gym facility, not to mention sharing locker rooms and ice.

Do you quarantine a whole team if one staffer or player tests positive and have them forfeit for two weeks while everyone quarantines, or do you quarantine any player who shared any facility with the infected person? My boss' daughter is a nurse. She tested positive. Everyone she was known to have direct contact with had to stay home for 2 weeks.

That's just the biggest and most immediate question I have.

Thats why the nhl is shopping around for the city with the most lax public health policies to host this thing.

Its been almost a week now that the b.c. health officer said DEFINITIVELY that 1 positive test means a whole team would have to quarantine for 2 weeks

So congrats to nevada and florida (possibly north carolina), youre getting nhl playoff hockey and probably coronavirus

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why the nhl is shopping around for the city with the most lax public health policies to host this thing.

Its been almost a week now that the b.c. health officer said DEFINITIVELY that 1 positive test means a whole team would have to quarantine for 2 weeks

So congrats to nevada and florida (possibly north carolina), youre getting nhl playoff hockey and probably coronavirus

They could play the whole thing in Atlanta.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the virus does not thrive in hot temps. if you are afraid to go on with your life then stay home under the covers.
I was in attendence at a huge outdoor gathering yesterday. no mask, no social distancing! plenty of handshakes
and hugs! plus we clearly had way more than 25 people!! :agree: :yes:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a problem. I'm looking forward to play off hockey.
Sadly, you're not going to see playoff caliber hockey. These guys haven't played a competitive game for too long. They're all going to suck at the same time. I'll still watch because I'm starved for hockey but my expectations will be low and the cup will have an asterisk on it.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, you're not going to see playoff caliber hockey. These guys haven't played a competitive game for too long. They're all going to suck at the same time. I'll still watch because I'm starved for hockey but my expectations will be low and the cup will have an asterisk on it.
I hear ya.
Still, it's better than none

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it will be better than none. I'll be expecting AAA quality all vying for the COVID Cup!
Perhaps they'll be in form come the finals
At least teams ought not to be limping into the 2nd season.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the virus does not thrive in hot temps. if you are afraid to go on with your life then stay home under the covers.
I was in attendence at a huge outdoor gathering yesterday. no mask, no social distancing! plenty of handshakes
I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone agree with themselves before. That's adorable.
Plus it's been 24 hours, you're in the clear. Congrats for proving the science wrong.
:agree:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the machoism that goes along with the anti-mask/pro-gathering attitudes.

I work mostly from home and my wife and I try to limit our grocery store trips to about once a month We haven't seen family except to sit in the yard 15 feet away and have a chat. We do go on hikes outdoors frequently, and we politely step off the trail 10 feet when people go by because frankly, it's not that big of a deal to do so and it's the nice thing to do. It doesn't transmit easily outdoors, but I don't want to take any chances on harming (or killing) someone else. Something you clearly have no issue with.

Do we do this out of fear (as you suggest)? No. I don't have pre-existing conditions and I'm not at high risk. But my wife works with cancer patients. So making sure she does not get the virus is key because if she did it could potentially mean transferring the virus to dozens of at-risk individuals since asymptomatic transfer is possible. Even if you are not in this situation, consider that you are likely 1 or 2 steps away from someone else who is. We should all act not as if we are afraid of getting the virus, but how we would want others to act if they knew they did.

And I'm not under any covers, I'm working at home and sometimes in the office of a thankfully mostly empty building making sure democracy happens like a real fucking patriot does.

I understand people being concerned about their businesses reopening, keeping their jobs, etc. I think there is a legit debate about how and when we reopen the economy to balance public health concerns and basic economic needs.

What I will never understand are the human dickpiles who insist on not observing some very easy, very basic social practices at gatherings or who don't have the willpower to just wait on gatherings for a little while. It's not that hard and while these anti-mask people love to dole out the "are you scared" to other people, what they should be asked themselves is "Am I that weak?" Because you are - weak willed, weak minded, and poor stewards for the Christian care of your neighbors and fellow man.

Science, technology, and the study of contagious diseases have given us the tools to avoid seeing devastating results in this pandemic like humans experienced during the Spanish flu or the plague. Attitudes like yours might reverse and make this pandemic much worse than it needs to be. It can harm you, it can harm your neighbors, and it will put our economy in further peril. This is about a collective effort to get back on track and attitudes like the one in the quote above are not patriotic or brave, they are selfish and ignorant.