• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL 15 is off to a bad start

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite sport is hockey so naturally my favorite sports video game is the NHL series. Unfortunately, it appears as if this year's installation of the series has omitted many key features (EASHL, GM Connected, Season, & Stanley Cup Playoffs) which have alienated many die hard fans. In fact, some people project the NHL 15 to lose about 25% of their pre-orders. To make matters worse, NHL 15 was released for 6 hours early access last night and it seems to have alienated fans of the game even more. There is even a massive Twitter campaign to "#FIRERAMMER" (head developer, Sean Ramjagsingh) for his incompetence. To top it all off, the launch of NHL 15 takes place on September 9th, which is the same launch date as Destiny, so it's likely that the launch of NHL 15 will be completely overshadowed.

As a die hard fan of this series, I fully intend to get this game, but I'm keeping my expectations low to not be disappointed.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was STOKED to play this game....but after hearing what all its lacking....I can wait for it to hit the EA Vault. (xbox one user)

NHL 15 for Next-gen is a scam. : xboxone

It is completely unacceptable for EA to charge full price for a game with 1/4 of the content from the previous version.

"Thanks to EA Access, unavailable to me as a PS4 user, I was able to compile this list. Your motto is "It's in the game" but here are a few things that aren't.

-No EASHL

-No OTP

-No NHL 94 Mode

-There are no offline seasons in HUT

-There are no tournaments in HUT

-You cannot play a friend in HUT

-No Winter Classic

-No GM Connected

-No Shootout

-No Live the Life

-No be a CHL Pro

-No be a NHL Pro

-Being drafted is now just a random assignment to a team, no way to influence when you are drafted

-You cannot draft players in Be A GM Mode

-No fantasy draft in Be A GM Mode

-No be a Legend Mode

-No Season Mode

-No Tournament Mode

-No Playoff Mode

-No Battle For The Cup

-No Creation Zone

-No Edit Team

-No Edit Player

-No Customize AI

-No Build Your AI

-No Create A Play

-No Custom Music

Edit 1: No simming between shifts in Be A Pro Mode

Edit 2: No Custom Cameras

Edit 3: No Mobile Companion App for HUT

Edit 4: No HUT Action Tracker"

Edit 5: You cannot create a team

Edit 6: No soundtrack like previous years

Edit 7: Here is an update list of what is not in the game done by the guys at operation sports. NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) - Operation Sports

EA Forums

jamus34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking EA...It's bad enough that their games have become little more than roster adjustments however when they take out game modes??? F that.

I love that EA cannot equal the gameplay of a game that was released 2 systems and what, 10 years ago in Madden. Worse thing NFL ever did was the exclusive license.

And Hockey's just as bad. I play the hell out of 09 (I think that's what I have, might be a little newer) but have no real interest in buying anything EA anymore.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking EA...It's bad enough that their games have become little more than roster adjustments however when they take out game modes??? F that.

I love that EA cannot equal the gameplay of a game that was released 2 systems and what, 10 years ago in Madden. Worse thing NFL ever did was the exclusive license.

And Hockey's just as bad. I play the hell out of 09 (I think that's what I have, might be a little newer) but have no real interest in buying anything EA anymore.

Yeah, taking out modes from the game just so it's "next gen ready" is ridiculous. It's all because they postponed getting next gen ready last year. Next year's hot feature will be the game modes they took out this year. That way they don't really have to work on anything.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like a game to avoid at all costs. EA shouldn't be payed for publishing a half-assed attempt at a game.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like a game to avoid at all costs. EA shouldn't be payed for publishing a half-assed attempt at a game.

This seems like the common sentiment on Twitter. If I weren't so addicted to OVP, I probably wouldn't get it either, but I need my OVP fix :L

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without co-op mode I don't even want the game. WTF! I was looking forward to this game so much too.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without co-op mode I don't even want the game. WTF! I was looking forward to this game so much too.

They're going to patch in online team play right away, but no EASHL.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta feeling I'm going to be the only person in the world playing this game this year :L

jamus34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta feeling I'm going to be the only person in the world playing this game this year :L

Might be...I've just reached a point I refuse to support EA in releasing a broken, half ass game at full ($60 USD) knowing that to get the game running as well as the last iteration of it I'm going to have to spend upwards of $40 USD in DLC on modes and options that are no longer core standards.

It's like going to a Starbucks for years to get a coffee to find out now you need to buy the cup and for an additional $5 they'll sell you the coffee and another $3 will get you milk.

DLC and in game purchases have become the bane of my existence...I've bought maybe a handful of DLC in my time and I feel dirty after I do it.

One of the primary reasons I've gone back to PC gaming with Steam sales throwing older, AAA titles at $10 or less almost weekly.

jamus34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and to add this isn't exactly a first time issue with EA. Off the top of my head they screwed up BF4, SimCity (the most recent one), Sims 4, the first Madden released on the 360, NBA series (pick any one from the last 4 years or so) and I'm sure a score more games that either I have no knowledge or interest in.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTE TO EVERYONE WHO PLAYS EA SPORTS GAMES: STOP PLAYING ULTIMATE TEAM!!!

Ultimate Team ruined every EA Sports game. If people stop playing it, EA might focus on actually making a good game instead of making extra profits.

jamus34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTE TO EVERYONE WHO PLAYS EA SPORTS GAMES: STOP PLAYING ULTIMATE TEAM!!!

Ultimate Team ruined every EA Sports game. If people stop playing it, EA might focus on actually making a good game instead of making extra profits.

I agree with you on a level RP however I think the cancer EA is perpetrating goes much much further than that.

They have reached a point where they want to sell games that inherently don't work except on a most basic level and then make you pay for the bells and whistles. Other publishers are just as bad however EA has taken it to the next level alright...the creation of $100+ USD video games.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on a level RP however I think the cancer EA is perpetrating goes much much further than that.

They have reached a point where they want to sell games that inherently don't work except on a most basic level and then make you pay for the bells and whistles. Other publishers are just as bad however EA has taken it to the next level alright...the creation of $100+ USD video games.

I agree it goes farther, but as a disgruntled consumer, we gotta start somewhere. Ultimate Team was a surprisingly successful cash grab by EA when it started up, so now they're herding the sheep towards that mode because that's where the money is for them.

To be realistic and fair, every game publisher now puts out half a game and plans to release the other half as DLC. Even Nintendo, which had been resisting that game production model, now has jumped-in with Mario Kart 8 DLC that could've easily been included in the release date version of the game.

Activision is just as bad as EA with this garbage, too. It's gotten to the point where new a Call of Duty game releases every year with like twelve maps on the disc. Activision offers a prepaid "Season Pass" for the game before it's even released with promises of four DLC expansions. They actually admit upfront that they're planning to develop half a game and are forcing consumers to ante up double what the game is worth for the other half... and a quarter of each DLC pack is a re-skin of an old map! Asinine! I stopped playing CoD altogether when they started charging full price for re-skinned maps.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GameFly just shipped my copy..... Gonna give it a go and see how it is.

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got 15 for my kids and me on release day and overall it's just ok. Game play is pretty good, although I have had my goalie just up and leave for the bench for no reason, leaving the net empty during game play. Hasn't happened online...yet.

Graphics are very good but during a fight using Hartnell, he got his helmet punched off and was completely bald. After the fight ended, he skated away and his hair reappeared. Weird.

The fact that EA left out so many components from previous releases is horrendous. I mean c'mon, much of what will be DLC should have remained core.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got 15 for my kids and me on release day and overall it's just ok. Game play is pretty good, although I have had my goalie just up and leave for the bench for no reason, leaving the net empty during game play. Hasn't happened online...yet.

Graphics are very good but during a fight using Hartnell, he got his helmet punched off and was completely bald. After the fight ended, he skated away and his hair reappeared. Weird.

The fact that EA left out so many components from previous releases is horrendous. I mean c'mon, much of what will be DLC should have remained core.

Agreed, it's not bad but nothing great either. Not worth $60 IMO.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've played it for almost a week now....and can say I'm glad I didnt buy it on release. Graphics are amazing - and gameplay is mostly fun...but content wise - no. Just no.