• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Bucket Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I have ever thought of that would make things more fair in voting is if I retire from drafting and just run the drafts and decide winners. Other than that it's a waste of time for us to spend time talking about how to make voting better.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the guys pushing for a change in voting, you are essentially saying some guys take voting less seriously than you do, I would ask you to man up... Name names. Who didn't spend enough time on their vote last round, why do you think so, and what proof do you have that they didn't spend even more time before the playoffs started studying matchups than you did? If you can't give specifics, drop the subject

I am not calling anyone out... I remember a football draft where i voted a certain way, and then saw it differently later in that vote after reading other insight... I remember you in the last baseball draft originally voting for Ritz and then seeing something and voting for me instead... Actually surprised Nos allowed it... But it happens... What we see at first glance might not actually be correct...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I have ever thought of that would make things more fair in voting is if I retire from drafting and just run the drafts and decide winners. Other than that it's a waste of time for us to spend time talking about how to make voting better.

Actually that wouldn't fix anything either cuz then you'd all just be pissed at me if you lost.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not calling anyone out... I remember a football draft where i voted a certain way, and then saw it differently later in that vote after reading other insight... I remember you in the last baseball draft originally voting for Ritz and then seeing something and voting for me instead... Actually surprised Nos allowed it... But it happens... What we see at first glance might not actually be correct...

Don't vote on first glance then, if you have doubts wait until others have commented and voted.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't vote on first glance then, if you have doubts wait until others have commented and voted.

thats what i am saying though, you don't have doubts until you see other insight... and if we wait too long we get yelled at for not voting..

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I posted:

I agree with the OLBs being miscast in the 4-3, I also feel grabbing Leach was a waisted pick as Barry wasn't as good with a FB... I like 500s defense A little more, Rice and Gronkowski mixed with some AP is a tough... Gotta go Jeffro in a tight one...

Jeffro - 42
500 - 38

What Jeffro posted:

Mebert wins this one. His O-line is much better, IMO. The other positions are fairly close.

I feel my vote in his match is much clearer and had more effort and it's still less effort than I want to give... I can go on and I'm not trying to pick on Jeffro but his was the first quick vote in my match although probably could have used Milks... However in Milks defense he's not a football guy and he's asking for more dialog...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what i am saying though, you don't have doubts until you see other insight... and if we wait too long we get yelled at for not voting..

Not if you actually post in the game that you need more time. Also, when the hell have I ever yelled at you for not voting in a timely manner? lolzzz

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Mock, Nos voted for me and I for him in the Championship.... and tied. Mebank finished 3rd, and voted against himself twice. Now we have an outcry to change how we vote after 1st round matchups? Bogus.

I think these things happened after I bitched about the voting... I think it makes people clearer about what they are seeing and they try to get it right... That's just my opinion though... After I bitched about Meberts team his next match people are saying his Dline is all he has including you... He has a much bigger advantage vs Jeffro who's entire defense is worse than mine but he somehow finds a way to shut Mebert down...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I posted:

I agree with the OLBs being miscast in the 4-3, I also feel grabbing Leach was a waisted pick as Barry wasn't as good with a FB... I like 500s defense A little more, Rice and Gronkowski mixed with some AP is a tough... Gotta go Jeffro in a tight one...

Jeffro - 42
500 - 38

What Jeffro posted:

Mebert wins this one. His O-line is much better, IMO. The other positions are fairly close.

I feel my vote in his match is much clearer and had more effort and it's still less effort than I want to give... I can go on and I'm not trying to pick on Jeffro but his was the first quick vote in my match although probably could have used Milks... However in Milks defense he's not a football, baseball, basketball, hockey, gymnastics, rugby, darts, hopscotch or any sport really guy and he's asking for more dialog...

FIFY.... lolzzzz

Shit, you have to expand to see the fix....:L

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if you actually post in the game that you need more time. Also, when the hell have I ever yelled at you for not voting in a timely manner? lolzzz

I have to agree with Milk here, you and Ritz get pretty aggressive about making people vote in a timely fashion... However, I seem to be agitating the situation and I'm not trying to ruin this thing... A nice lady once told me don't let the actions of others dictate your actions, so I married her... So I'll do my best voting and try to stay within reason when when I disagree... Also no way should Nos not be a part of this to be the all time voter... Nothing sweeter than kicking the commishs a$$!!! :nod:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really necessary for me to write a whole paragraph when I can say in a short sentence that Mebert's team wins because of his better O-line?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Milk here, you and Ritz get pretty aggressive about making people vote in a timely fashion... However, I seem to be agitating the situation and I'm not trying to ruin this thing... A nice lady once told me don't let the actions of others dictate your actions, so I married her... So I'll do my best voting and try to stay within reason when when I disagree... Also no way should Nos not be a part of this to be the all time voter... Nothing sweeter than kicking the commishs a$$!!! :nod:

I get aggressive? Only until I get a response, like just now Smitty told me he cant vote for about 90 minutes I said that's fine, I only become "aggressive" when people are away all day and don't check in or say they need time. We all know when voting is don't make others wait and if you do let us know.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these things happened after I bitched about the voting... I think it makes people clearer about what they are seeing and they try to get it right... That's just my opinion though... After I bitched about Meberts team his next match people are saying his Dline is all he has including you... He has a much bigger advantage vs Jeffro who's entire defense is worse than mine but he somehow finds a way to shut Mebert down...
No way is Mebert's entire defense better than mine. Other than Kuechly, his LB core is the weakest in the draft. I've got 2 HOF LB's and a damn good 3rd one in Suggs. I've got a pair of HOF safeties to along with a HOF CB and another one that has a good shot of getting in (Barber). He has 2 HOF CB's.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I posted:

Jeffro - 42
500 - 38

What Jeffro posted:

I feel my vote in his match is much clearer and had more effort and it's still less effort than I want to give... I can go on and I'm not trying to pick on Jeffro but his was the first quick vote in my match although probably could have used Milks... However in Milks defense he's not a football guy and he's asking for more dialog...

I am a football guy, just don't really know defensive schemes to well.. And i am one who thinks football is so much a team sport than WRs and RBs are better to fit a role than just looking at who is better... My problem with football drafts is how we perceive players... stats in football are not very individual based, so it is really hard to know who is really good or not... And i refuse to use the eye test on players, i am one that HATES they eye test...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really necessary for me to write a whole paragraph when I can say in a short sentence that Mebert's team wins because of his better O-line?

Not at all... I just think somebody having a better oline and everything is pretty even was less than a fair breakdown, IMO it's a simple observation that you gave... But again I'll keep it to myself... I'll just ask that when anyone is posting a vote in my matches please try to give me the same effort as I will give you in yours... That's to all... I will post as good a breakdown as I can, and time permitting I ask you try as well... I'll leave it there... Sorry guys I'll stop being a bunch... This is my last move from here out... I was caught by surprise and handled it wrong my bad... Mebert, your team sucked worse than mine but everybody disagrees! By the way I thought my skit was pretty flippin awesome... :tsk:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way is Mebert's entire defense better than mine. Other than Kuechly, his LB core is the weakest in the draft. I've got 2 HOF LB's and a damn good 3rd one in Suggs. I've got a pair of HOF safeties to along with a HOF CB and another one that has a good shot of getting in (Barber). He has 2 HOF CB's.

No I agree, I said your overall defense isn't better than mine but you somehow find a way to stop him where I couldn't... The advantage was his Dline over your oline...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a football guy, just don't really know defensive schemes to well.. And i am one who thinks football is so much a team sport than WRs and RBs are better to fit a role than just looking at who is better... My problem with football drafts is how we perceive players... stats in football are not very individual based, so it is really hard to know who is really good or not... And i refuse to use the eye test on players, i am one that HATES they eye test...

My bad I thought you said that before and you were always asking about players and how we are supposed to know... I agree the eye test isn't everything however, if you look up stats and use the eye test with the understanding of what people are supposed to do and you see guys standing out its pretty clear... Let's take Boselli, not sure how you rate him without watching him... Although he has a ton of accolades, to see him move his feet and get to people at the same time he over powers people when need be you're missing out... He seems to never be out of position to make a block it was special... He killed Bruce Smith though Smith was older Boselli was a beast... And there's really no metric to measure it...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys know the Bambino tore cartilage in his knee in 1918 and didn't have it repaired until 1944? A guy who hit more home runs in a season than entire teams 90 times in his career played his entire career with torn cartilage in his knee. Babe Ruth is the best professional/amateur player in the history of sports and IMO nobody comes even close!

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys know the Bambino tore cartilage in his knee in 1918 and didn't have it repaired until 1944? A guy who hit more home runs in a season than entire teams 90 times in his career played his entire career with torn cartilage in his knee. Babe Ruth is the best professional/amateur player in the history of sports and IMO nobody comes even close!

I was caught unawares... :noidea: