• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Bucket Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe instead of saying WHY WE SHOULD WIN, we should write about WHY WE SHOULD LOSE...

Yeah thats the answer, the only way that would work is if the loser moved on...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm gonna say about the voting, is we have already tried every way available to go about it, and the flawed system we have is the best by far. Some of the ideas being tossed around by newer guys have already been tried, and they were freaking horrible. And here's the thing.....when a guy loses, there is no system out there that is gonna please you except one where you win.

I just went back and looked at the last several drafts we've had, and here's the thing.... the best team nearly always won. If you don't like the results of a draft, pick better, present company included
:2cents:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I just dont get why people dont vote in EVERY GAME!!! Why come vote in 3 games when there are 5 games being played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gaah:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm gonna say about the voting, is we have already tried every way available to go about it, and the flawed system we have is the best by far. Some of the ideas being tossed around by newer guys have already been tried, and they were freaking horrible. And here's the thing.....when a guy loses, there is no system out there that is gonna please you except one where you win.

I just went back and looked at the last several drafts we've had, and here's the thing.... the best team nearly always won. If you don't like the results of a draft, pick better, present company included
:2cents:

We now have 4 cents worth because I feel the same way. There is no better way. Unless we could have a special team of people who voted who didnt know us and werent able to see our teams prior to voting and were never allowed to talk to us. That is the only way we would have a better way of voting. I'm pretty sure thats something we arent going to be able to pull off so trying to think of a better way is a waste of time IMHO...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if I build a time machine, then we go collect all of these players and let them play in their primes for real!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other options: Votes are weighted by actual weight! so my vote will count for more

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly always when a guy loses in a mock game, it's because their talent doesn't fit a scheme. I see a lot of guys (me included)showing their guys player for player,QB vs QB, RB vs RB. Etc. Except none of that matters. You can be superior at those positions, but the QB isn't going against the other QB, he's going against the FS and MLB. The TE is going against an OLB or SS. If you have a west coast QB with a Coryall receiving corp and a power scheme OL, or a 3-4 NT with 4-3 ends and 3-4 backers, press corners and box FS/SS......no style of voting will make it work out, no matter the talent level

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly always when a guy loses in a mock game, it's because their talent doesn't fit a scheme. I see a lot of guys (me included)showing their guys player for player,QB vs QB, RB vs RB. Etc. Except none of that matters. You can be superior at those positions, but the QB isn't going against the other QB, he's going against the FS and MLB. The TE is going against an OLB or SS. If you have a west coast QB with a Coryall receiving corp and a power scheme OL, or a 3-4 NT with 4-3 ends and 3-4 backers, press corners and box FS/SS......no style of voting will make it work out, no matter the talent level

Wow what an ahole, im never voting for you again! lolzzz just playing.

I agree with every word and I myself have been guilty a time or two about putting certain players together that dont fit and still cry when I lose cuz im hoping you guys didnt notice!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what an ahole, im never voting for you again! lolzzz just playing.

I agree with every word and I myself have been guilty a time or two about putting certain players together that dont fit and still cry when I lose cuz im hoping you guys didnt notice!
We're any of them from Brazil?:L

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing for me... I completely agree about the player vs player, that's a bad view unless it's a clear advantage... And I'm sorry but I felt in this particular match, I felt it met that criteria... After reevaluating I still feel it was clear however I do think there was room for discussion when at first I didn't... That being said, I think this is twice in a row where I've caused a distraction and I hate that... I won't be the problem in terms of "pouting" but best believe I'm going to call stuff out... I agree you can't make people vote a certain way and it should be their opinion... But I actually do have an idea that may be a big improvement...

Here's my idea... Next draft we have 10 teams, which means 5 games is it... Why not have groups of 3 vote on each game... Allow them to evaluate each team individually and/or as a group and then have them vote, the other participants as well as the rest of the group can add their thoughts but not required... There will never be a tie and everybody will feel like their team was actually evaluated...

It needs some tweaking since the numbers aren't completely right but I think it is a move in the right direction..

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me draw it out some...

So I'm facing Ritz... Nos grabs 3 names out of his cup, they can't be me nor Ritz... Let's say Mebert 500 and UK...

UK says - Ritzys team sucks ass... Wlks team rocks...

Mebert says - eventhough I've never liked WLK I agree his team is the closest to awesomeness as a team not drafted by me can get...

500 says - but do you see how Ritz has guards who were great rebounders and big, to make up for the bad rebounding bigs... He doubles down by grabbing great shooting bigs...

Mebert says - you're right... That's just the reason I need to vote against WLK again because I hate his guts, and his name reminds me to exercise and I hate that even more...

UK says - I see it but I still think WLKs team is better...

WLK says - my team is better... If you don't vote for me I quit... And I'm taking the picture of Matt Millens balls with me...

Ritz says - vote for WLK so he doesn't quit...

Nos says - fuck WLK...

Hockey says - I love college basketball...

The panel votes...

UK - WLK
500 - Ritz
Mebert - Ritz

Next round... And end scene... :noidea:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me draw it out some...

So I'm facing Ritz... Nos grabs 3 names out of his cup, they can't be me nor Ritz... Let's say Mebert 500 and UK...

UK says - Ritzys team sucks ass... Wlks team rocks...

Mebert says - eventhough I've never liked WLK I agree his team is the closest to awesomeness as a team not drafted by me can get...

500 says - but do you see how Ritz has guards who were great rebounders and big, to make up for the bad rebounding bigs... He doubles down by grabbing great shooting bigs...

Mebert says - you're right... That's just the reason I need to vote against WLK again because I hate his guts, and his name reminds me to exercise and I hate that even more...

UK says - I see it but I still think WLKs team is better...

WLK says - my team is better... If you don't vote for me I quit... And I'm taking the picture of Matt Millens balls with me...

Ritz says - vote for WLK so he doesn't quit...

Nos says - fuck WLK...

Hockey says - I love college basketball...

The panel votes...

UK - WLK
500 - Ritz
Mebert - Ritz

Next round... And end scene... :noidea:
My only thing with that is....we already have that, but with all the teams getting to evaluate all the teams. For the most part each guy votes for himself, so it's really like the other 8 teams are doing the evaluating. (Though, it is not totally uncommon for guys to vote against themselves, as I recall, that happened with 3 of the final 4 last draft in the semi's/finals). And by not letting everyone vote, you will run into the same political mess. I can already hear it...''I got screwed because two of the three guys never vote for me''....''so and so is his big buddy''....''I want so and so and so and so to judge my games''. The system we have may suck, but it's the best one we have, as no system is perfect. My question is...had you won, would you be on the same quest to change the voting? The only way everyone is happy is if no one ever loses

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only thing with that is....we already have that, but with all the teams getting to evaluate all the teams. For the most part each guy votes for himself, so it's really like the other 8 teams are doing the evaluating. (Though, it is not totally uncommon for guys to vote against themselves, as I recall, that happened with 3 of the final 4 last draft in the semi's/finals). And by not letting everyone vote, you will run into the same political mess. I can already hear it...''I got screwed because two of the three guys never vote for me''....''so and so is his big buddy''....''I want so and so and so and so to judge my games''. The system we have may suck, but it's the best one we have, as no system is perfect. My question is...had you won, would you be on the same quest to change the voting? The only way everyone is happy is if no one ever loses

I will say if I had won I may not have pushed it full force however I have had a problem with the vote... I've always said I think we vote too fast... I think there are times we move full steam ahead when maybe we shouldn't... For instance, last night I was in here tip around 3am waiting for my add drops... Nobody went... My power went out and I had to do a ton of stuff and I got a text saying come vote and I'm down 4 votes... I planned on grabbing Jackie Slater and Jamal Lewis but maybe not enough apparently...

Anyway the point I'm making is I have not and still don't know why we have to hurry through votes... I get that we want to keep moving so people don't get bored however... When I spoke about giving reasons for votes Mebert said, I don't I have time for an indepth... Neither do I nor all of you I'd assume, at least not for 4 matches... Somebody is going to get short changed if not everybody... We're talking about the rules of the next one and we still have 3 rounds to go in this one and the goal is to be done by the end of the day... I honestly know a lot about many of these guys... I have put all their stats in one place even though I should so I don't have to keep looking them up but even still I would love to sit down and put at least an hour for each team, and I can't do that and still live a productive life... So I give them a look, think about what I'd do with these guys and I vote... I honestly believe some do less than that... That's why I suggested a random group of 3 so people don't have to spend all that time on each vote, and they'd get insight from other people and you'd have 2 out of 3 people so a majority is there... IMO it has to be something like that or more time to vote...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say if I had won I may not have pushed it full force however I have had a problem with the vote... I've always said I think we vote too fast... I think there are times we move full steam ahead when maybe we shouldn't... For instance, last night I was in here tip around 3am waiting for my add drops... Nobody went... My power went out and I had to do a ton of stuff and I got a text saying come vote and I'm down 4 votes... I planned on grabbing Jackie Slater and Jamal Lewis but maybe not enough apparently...

Anyway the point I'm making is I have not and still don't know why we have to hurry through votes... I get that we want to keep moving so people don't get bored however... When I spoke about giving reasons for votes Mebert said, I don't I have time for an indepth... Neither do I nor all of you I'd assume, at least not for 4 matches... Somebody is going to get short changed if not everybody... We're talking about the rules of the next one and we still have 3 rounds to go in this one and the goal is to be done by the end of the day... I honestly know a lot about many of these guys... I have put all their stats in one place even though I should so I don't have to keep looking them up but even still I would love to sit down and put at least an hour for each team, and I can't do that and still live a productive life... So I give them a look, think about what I'd do with these guys and I vote... I honestly believe some do less than that... That's why I suggested a random group of 3 so people don't have to spend all that time on each vote, and they'd get insight from other people and you'd have 2 out of 3 people so a majority is there... IMO it has to be something like that or more time to vote...
But guys already have as much time as they want to vote. What you propose wouldn't change that. Guys that don't put thought into a vote(if that even happens) would vote the same way. I think that most of the time, guys have already been studying the teams for a week, know how they feel about both teams, and the guys that don't give a huge explanation are just trying to avoid an argument with the guy they vote against

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But guys already have as much time as they want to vote. What you propose wouldn't change that. Guys that don't put thought into a vote(if that even happens) would vote the same way. I think that most of the time, guys have already been studying the teams for a week, know how they feel about both teams, and the guys that don't give a huge explanation are just trying to avoid an argument with the guy they vote against

I honestly don't study every team... I'm putting my team together and I keep an eye on the teams that draft Moss and Calvin Johnson and Warren Moon, or the best Dline minus Mario, but I don't study them... And I would put even more time if I had it... You and Nos have impressed me with on hand knowledge on every sport we move to however I need more time... I don't think Smitty doesn't give a damn so he doesn't vote, I think he does give a damn and doesn't want to say cool he has 10 of my favorite guys he's the winner or just vote for a guy just to get to the next round... As for arguing, I want a guy to say your team fucking sucks... I want to have the discussion or argument that's why I pick the players I pick...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the guys pushing for a change in voting, you are essentially saying some guys take voting less seriously than you do, I would ask you to man up... Name names. Who didn't spend enough time on their vote last round, why do you think so, and what proof do you have that they didn't spend even more time before the playoffs started studying matchups than you did? If you can't give specifics, drop the subject

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't study every team... I'm putting my team together and I keep an eye on the teams that draft Moss and Calvin Johnson and Warren Moon, or the best Dline minus Mario, but I don't study them... And I would put even more time if I had it... You and Nos have impressed me with on hand knowledge on every sport we move to however I need more time... I don't think Smitty doesn't give a damn so he doesn't vote, I think he does give a damn and doesn't want to say cool he has 10 of my favorite guys he's the winner or just vote for a guy just to get to the next round... As for arguing, I want a guy to say your team fucking sucks... I want to have the discussion or argument that's why I pick the players I pick...
If you read my vote on your game, I thought I did

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still running around at work.

Need to be able to look at this for longer than the time I've got right now.

This was my point...

As to my match, me you Nos and then after me Mebert posted some sort of insight... More specific, mine and Mebert were the best break downs IMO and the little back and forth that started was starting to get deeper, but by then the vote for Meberts next match was due... That's my point... So everybody including me could have done better in vote break downs in every match... I will concede that you by far give the most insight in every vote in every sport...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the conversation... However it doesn't matter for the most part if someone gives a long reason or a short one when someone thinks they got screwed with the better team they will say so.

I have posted paragraphs in my reasoning for voting and it didn't change anything, i'm just posting more opinions. In order to fix what everyone thinks is the problem with voting you are going to have to make everyone have the same opinion. Differing opinions will always lead to arguing and pissed off people. Having 3 people vote or 6 vote or whatever anybody comes with will not change or fix the problem.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Mock, Nos voted for me and I for him in the Championship.... and tied. Mebank finished 3rd, and voted against himself twice. Now we have an outcry to change how we vote after 1st round matchups? Bogus.