• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC Least

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who could not hold the keys to who wins the division is..... Mark Sanchez.

Eagles were looking to bench Foles possibly anyway the rumors were? Wow how times have changed since he made our defense look like, our defense.

Giants despite making us look like a pop warner team at home in front of the world, were just abused in their own casa, and are facing their own serious injury issues.

Cowboys have lost two in a row and Tony is one hit away from an extended vacation.

Then there is us.

The Beast is no longer in the NFC east.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair the other divisions in the NFC have an equal amt of problems. The NFC South is terrible. The Cards are probably the best team in the NFC right now but the Seahawks & 49ers have major question marks. The Lions somehow have managed to be 6-2 but have had some major breaks along the way. The Packers looked real good until Rodgers was shaken up against the Saints but now have some question marks including possibly Rodgers' health.

Overall - I would say that the NFC East as a whole is no better or worse than any other division in the NFC.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are 3rd best out of 4.

9 wins could be the number although 10 usually is what it takes to win it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to bad we are still last

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why last weeks win was paramount and we couldn't get it done vs a poor Minnesota team.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why last weeks win was paramount and we couldn't get it done vs a poor Minnesota team.

First of all the Vikings are not that bad especially on defense. Their pass rush is about as good as anyone in the NFL (not just against the Redskins).

More importantly - I am torn as to whether it is for the best for the Redskins to string together some so-so wins & put together a mediocre record while instilling a false sense of confidence or if perhaps at times it is better to see the team struggle in order to be honest & force the team to address their major needs.

In this case I am primarily talking about the defense & the O-line. A lot of folks were ready to give Haslett another year on the job after the Dallas game. He then shows his normal self during the Vikings game. That game also exposed some other issues including the need for tweaking the D-line & a major need for improvement at the safety position.

On offense - regardless of QB play - the line was exposed & truly confirmed that O-line help is desperately needed. Obviously this is a major concern moving forward.

Don't get me wrong - I always cheer for the Redskins & want them to win every game. However - in hindsight some of these losses serve a purpose especially if the long term goal is a deep playoff run.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all the Vikings are not that bad especially on defense. Their pass rush is about as good as anyone in the NFL (not just against the Redskins).

More importantly - I am torn as to whether it is for the best for the Redskins to string together some so-so wins & put together a mediocre record while instilling a false sense of confidence or if perhaps at times it is better to see the team struggle in order to be honest & force the team to address their major needs.

In this case I am primarily talking about the defense & the O-line. A lot of folks were ready to give Haslett another year on the job after the Dallas game. He then shows his normal self during the Vikings game. That game also exposed some other issues including the need for tweaking the D-line & a major need for improvement at the safety position.

On offense - regardless of QB play - the line was exposed & truly confirmed that O-line help is desperately needed. Obviously this is a major concern moving forward.

Don't get me wrong - I always cheer for the Redskins & want them to win every game. However - in hindsight some of these losses serve a purpose especially if the long term goal is a deep playoff run.

So Cal, I get your thinking on this, but everyone has to know at this point what we need. Assuming Robert can improve and stay healthy, our immediate and overriding needs are significant upgrades at OL and S. Our secondary needs are DL, OLB, ILB and TE. I see know reason if we are picking in the top 5 or the to 15, why we can't address the OL and S positions with one or 2 key picks that should be able to step in and play from
day 1. If we are top 5, I advocate trading that pick for a lower round 1 and a second or a maybe 2 high seconds at a minimum. That will give us 3 picks in the first 40. We can get a top notch S, OT and G/C with those 3 picks. That would solve a lot of our problems.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skins and giants are the reason why the nfc east sucks. boys and eagles actually have decent records.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Cal, I get your thinking on this, but everyone has to know at this point what we need. Assuming Robert can improve and stay healthy, our immediate and overriding needs are significant upgrades at OL and S. Our secondary needs are DL, OLB, ILB and TE. I see know reason if we are picking in the top 5 or the to 15, why we can't address the OL and S positions with one or 2 key picks that should be able to step in and play from
day 1. If we are top 5, I advocate trading that pick for a lower round 1 and a second or a maybe 2 high seconds at a minimum. That will give us 3 picks in the first 40. We can get a top notch S, OT and G/C with those 3 picks. That would solve a lot of our problems.

Depends on what you mean by "everyone". The thoughts of you, I and the majority of Redskins fans don't really matter. What matters is the folks who are running the team. You would like to believe that most of this is obvious, but I am not so sure. Like I said that Dallas game kind of instilled a false sense of confidence in the defense & Haslett. They shocked everyone by bringing Haslett back this season so I suppose that it is possible that they could do the same thing next season (as insane as that sounds now).

As for the picks - use your method, keep the picks, whatever - don't care. I just want them to make the right choices. I pray that they are currently doing everything possible to have the best scouting dept at this time & have started to identify future solid Washington Redskins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think you should win as many games as you can and let the draft sort itself out its not fair to the players or coaches to not try to win games

i had us at 6-10 and we should be fairly close to that