• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Thread

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proof is in the pudding onesies. step outside once in a while, and get real view of your intelligence.

again, i'll step up to 8...beaver boy.

In what world does this make any sense?

Proof is in the pudding when referring to my intelligence regarding making predictions without the facts? Define hypothesis for me which is nothing more than a prediction. I will help you. A hypothesis is an educated guess. Educated means you have knowledge and the facts. So it makes me rather intelligent not to make a prediction without the facts.

Onesies? WTF?

You are making a prediction without having the facts. That makes you a dumb ass.

Beaver boy? Come on.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been many "competitive" nfl teams that have won 9 or 10 games in a season, and missed the playoffs. That is an asinine, "move the goal post" kind of statement. It's that simple.

Thank GOD, it's almost opening day...GO CUBS!!!
We were talking about 500 teams weren’t we?

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking about 500 teams weren’t we?

Nope. I was talking about being "competitive"...and, then you posted this.

"If you can’t make the playoffs you aren’t competitive . It’s that simple" skinsdad62

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gk said the Skins won't be "competitive". hence, my offer of the bet against his silly opinion. do i need to be at 8 wins?...please don't "move the goal post" on what i said.

i do think right now, with today's roster...the skins are a .500 team...and that, certainly would be considered a "competitive" nfl football team.

I must have misunderstood because your own words said THIS

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree

Get with the program old man

lower-bar.png

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lower-bar.png
[/QUOTE]

8 has always been more than 7. Well done on the pic though, that's funny.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning an NFL game is hard my brother, you know that. A .500 record has always been considered "competitive" in the ultimate team sport.
sorry but that isnt competitive and all these changes need to make us winners not mediocre. i am not in the business of spinning wheels

we need to be competitive for superbowls and 500 teams or less dont cut the mustard

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but that isnt competitive and all these changes need to make us winners not mediocre. i am not in the business of spinning wheels

we need to be competitive for superbowls and 500 teams or less dont cut the mustard

sorry, but it is. ask any rational nfl football entertainment fan.

and, you are in that business. if the Redskins win at least 8 in 2018, you and the club will be spinning the shit out of those wheels of yours.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8 has always been more than 7. Well done on the pic though, that's funny.[/QUOTE]

Sure it has, but unless Im mistaken, ten or more has been the benchmark the past three seasons. Now we are OK with 8 even though we apparently have a better QB?? Im not really seeing that as anything but lowering the bar. TO me, its raise expectations time. If ten wins and a wild card was minimum acceptable last year, then I expect at 10 wins and a playoffs win out of our better QB. Thats called raising expectations, not lowering the bar.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, but it is. ask any rational nfl football entertainment fan.

and, you are in that business. if the Redskins win at least 8 in 2018, you and the club will be spinning the shit out of those wheels of yours.
Dude 500 doesn’t make you competitive for suoerbowls period. ask any rational person who has AN inkling of the nfl

More moving the goal posts. And lowering the bar to claim success doesn’t change the facts . No NFL team In it’s history since 1920 has had a 500 or less team in a title game or super bowl .
Now if you are looking for participation trophies then you are good

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-7, 8-7-1, and 7-9 in no way puts the bar at 10 wins, it averages out to 8 wins or .500. Anyone who claims a 10 win season WITH Kirk, had he stayed, is betraying facts. Admit it guys, WITH Kirk Cousins we were no more than a 8-8 type team. News flash, WITH Alex Smith we'll be no more than an 8-8 type team. (Predicting 10 this year for historical reasons) It's Washington guys (and lady) history is on my side.

To repurpose a famous quote...."When a team shows you time and again who they really are, believe them!"

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were CDC ‘s win totals his first 3 years as a starter ? How many times have I had , if we are healthy then CDC should get better results ? I have no doubt KC would have had us in the playoffs this season and would have gotten us the win . No way to prove it ever but every indicator points to yes

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were CDC ‘s win totals his first 3 years as a starter ? How many times have I had , if we are healthy then CDC should get better results ? I have no doubt KC would have had us in the playoffs this season and would have gotten us the win . No way to prove it ever but every indicator points to yes

1. What were CDC ‘s win totals his first 3 years as a starter ?

ANS: he was 11-19 in his first three seasons, but has gone on to post a career record of 88-62-1. I'm not sure what his first three seasons have to do with anything, but if that's some sort of basis for something then his last three seasons he posted a record of 31-15. In a league that's all about "what have you done lately" the former seems much more relevant.

2. How many times have I had , if we are healthy then CDC should get better results ?

ANS: Isn't this the same basis upon which some have wrongly projected Kirk into getting us to a playoff and winning at least one game in the same? It's a team game, players don't become worse because someone goes down to injury. Their production might suffer because of it but that's because the overall talent level has waned a bit. Same for Kirk, same for Smith, each ironically manning the most dependent position in all of football.

3. I have no doubt KC would have had us in the playoffs this season and would have gotten us the win.

ANS: Then that shouldn't change with Smith. YOU see Smith as a lesser QB than Cousins and that's OK, but because YOU see things that way doesn't mean that it's true or everyone else agrees with you.

4. No way to prove it ever but every indicator points to yes

ANS: Find better indicators that don't support a biased perspective, there are plenty of them, including those coming from our HC, who envisions using Smith in ways that he couldn't with Kirk. It's going to be interesting to see reactions when Kirk gets 9, possibly 10 wins this year and a wildcard spot if that team stays healthy and lucky enough to get that much.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. What were CDC ‘s win totals his first 3 years as a starter ?

ANS: he was 11-19 in his first three seasons, but has gone on to post a career record of 88-62-1. I'm not sure what his first three seasons have to do with anything, but if that's some sort of basis for something then his last three seasons he posted a record of 31-15. In a league that's all about "what have you done lately" the former seems much more relevant.

2. How many times have I had , if we are healthy then CDC should get better results ?

ANS: Isn't this the same basis upon which some have wrongly projected Kirk into getting us to a playoff and winning at least one game in the same? It's a team game, players don't become worse because someone goes down to injury. Their production might suffer because of it but that's because the overall talent level has waned a bit. Same for Kirk, same for Smith, each ironically manning the most dependent position in all of football.

3. I have no doubt KC would have had us in the playoffs this season and would have gotten us the win.

ANS: Then that shouldn't change with Smith. YOU see Smith as a lesser QB than Cousins and that's OK, but because YOU see things that way doesn't mean that it's true or everyone else agrees with you.

4. No way to prove it ever but every indicator points to yes

ANS: Find better indicators that don't support a biased perspective, there are plenty of them, including those coming from our HC, who envisions using Smith in ways that he couldn't with Kirk. It's going to be interesting to see reactions when Kirk gets 9, possibly 10 wins this year and a wildcard spot if that team stays healthy and lucky enough to get that much.

This answer should read..... ANS: he was 11-19 in his first three seasons, but has gone on to post a career record of 88-62-1. I'm not sure what his first three seasons have to do with anything, but if that's some sort of basis for something then his last three seasons he posted a record of 31-15. In a league that's all about "what have you done lately" the former seems much more irrelevant. <<< the correction

Last edited: