• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next years Changes, For fun

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I sincerely hope that management explores their options for trading Bradford. We can still get something for him yet. Another 2 or 3 years of his current performance will only solidify his reputation in the league as an average QB that will never be great. There is still suckers out there that would give perhaps a 1st rounder for him right now. More likely is we would only get a 2nd round pick at best if the prevailing sentiment about Bradford around the league is accurate. Of course there will always be those coaches that think they can do better when others have failed. I remember Jaworski's evaluation on Bradford a few years ago, and everybody (Rams fans) said he was crazy--that Bradford was better than that. Turns out in retrospect he was dead on in his assessment.

As far as Shottenheimer is concerned, can't believe you'd keep him jacobarch. If he had been a coach of any of the great ones, you'd never have heard of Montana, Elway, or Marino. Just saying, the evidence speaks for itself---he's an offense destroyer. Most recently in NY, now here, despite what weapons he is given. When exactly did he EVER have a decent offense that he was responsible for? His "3 yard passes and a cloud of dust" philosophy would have worked in the 1940's when they still wore leather helmets, but in today's NFL with the high scoring games and the emphasis on offense, it will never work. Just like his father, too stubborn to change his thinking to adapt to the evolving times. He is the absolutely one thing that Bradford has in his corner. He can look back and honestly say that he had a buffoon for an offensive coordinator. But Bradford's issues are fundamental flaws, as well as mental inabilities. Of course Fisher enables all this so he is ultimately just as responsible. I'm afraid it's a sad mess in St. Louis, and it's going to be reflected in our record over the next several years.

Sanchez played some of his best football when Shott was the Ocoord and some of his worst football when Schott wasn't there. Lets face it the NY Jets aren't a very good offensive team. I do agree at times his offensive game planning is very poor and doesn't fit the mold of today's high powered offenses. If I were to get rid of any coaches it would be Dcoord, WR and DB coach. Walton has done nothing to show that he's capable of running an average to good defense with players that are obviously underachieving. WR and DB coach should be tarred, feathered then put on display. Watch the DB's and WR's foot and handwork, IT'S AWFUL!!! and thats all coaching. One last thing about our offense, like it or not Bradford was on pace to have his best season by a huge margin. 4,000 yards 35TD's and 12INT's is nothing to shake a stick at. And here's the thing if we're not winning games with those numbers thats on the defense.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you remember, Sanchez was a very sought after, highly regarded QB coming out of college. He had some decent years, but never really reached his potential. He was another one that had all the physical tools, but after Shottenheimer was done with him he now is more like a bowl of jello than an NFL QB. As far as Bradford's #'s are concerned....yeah, he's accumulated a majority of them during garbage time when the opponent's defense is resting and playing soft because we've already stumble-bummed our way to another laugher. Have you forgotten those first halves when we had 18 total yards offense? There were some pretty pathetic performances in those games. A QB with legitimate stats that you're projecting for Bradford had he finished the year wouldn't have games like that. Let's keep everything in context my friend. We are just seeing the tip of the iceberg right now. To have a backup plan for injuries to vulnerable positions such as QB is a basic fundamental part of management. If Fisher and co. can't even get that right where exactly did they get anything right? Between lack of discipline on this team (penalties) which is killing us in every game, to poor drafting (Pead himself, Quick to drop passes, Janoris runs his mouth more than his legs Jenkins, Tavon Austin the Invisible Man, etc.) to stupid free agent signings (Jake squats like he's constipated and then gets run over Long, Cortland Toast Finnegan, Only thing he passes well is gas Clemens etc.) to the hiring of an OC who couldn't coach a tiddly winks team and a DC who's philosophy is "Bend, and then let them run right the hell over you" to letting Stephen Jackson just walk because we needed the $$$ for washed up free agents. Please tell me exactly where the hell Fisher has excelled at on this team? Oh, yes, he got himself a big fat $7 million a year contract, that's where. He better collect it while he can, because after this debacle he won't be getting another one that's for damn sure. We really are the laughing stock of the league. At least Jacksonville has an excuse---they have no players, no fans, and an owner who wants to move them to England. Unless someone is gift wrapping a win for us (Texans) or we're playing a college team (Jacksonville) or we catch somebody off guard the first game of the year (Cardinals) we ain't winning. It's going to be UGLY Monday night. Seattle, 71-2.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLOL!! I love it BOSS429Mustang!!! I am laughing so hard I couldn't see the screen. Sadly though, much of what you stated rings true. This team has made some steps out of the deep shithole we were in and to some degree are still in. Inepititude is woven into the Rams corporate mindset and if Kroneke wants break that and save this franchise, he needs to move it back to LA and start over.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLOL!! I love it BOSS429Mustang!!! I am laughing so hard I couldn't see the screen. Sadly though, much of what you stated rings true. This team has made some steps out of the deep shithole we were in and to some degree are still in. Inepititude is woven into the Rams corporate mindset and if Kroneke wants break that and save this franchise, he needs to move it back to LA and start over.

I think you might be right retro. It might suck for Stl fans but at this point it might be the best thing for this team. We'll see tho, Stan has been an asshole of an owner so far, not keeping his fans abreast to the situation and when asked about it he gives you a politician answer. It doesn't really matter to me but as a rams fan it truly sucks being left in the dark

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what Retro, I don't think moving the team will make that much of a difference. As a matter of fact relocating right now might be a very bad move--of course that would fit right into the front office's track record though. The reason the Rams left LA in the first place was partly because they stunk it up there and there was rampant apathy from the fan base. They couldn't get a good stadium because nobody was interested in seeing them wet themselves every Sunday. If they took this current team with it's current coaching staff and current "who gives a snot, it's not soccer" owner to LA, there'd be even less interest and weaker fanbase than there is in St. Louis. As a matter of fact, if I was a NFL fan in Los Angeles, I wouldn't want or support this sorry sack of dog dirt franchise, and I'd make it very clear to Goodell and the Rams owner--- we want a winner, not a proven consistent loser who can't even learn from past mistakes. When I get an infected wisdom tooth pulled, I don't go back to the dentist and say "Can you please put that thing back in so I can suffer some more"

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well BOSS429Mustang. It might be a bad move but from all indications, Kroneke is headed in that direction. This is what I wrote on another thread.

Except for Dick Vermeil who took a wussified franchise and returned it to prominence with balls, the 30+years that the Queen Idiot with John Shaw and Jay Zygmunt in the front office destroyed a once proud team and has permanently woven into the corporate mindset a collective attitude of reaction versus proaction, short-term planning, no forethought, and complete stupidity all of which leads to a losing mentality and further wussification. After all, Stan Kroneke was a minority owner at least for the years the Rams have been in St Louis and although he has made some changes that brought in some real talent, some decisons in drafting continue to come up empty at the worst possible times.

Now it seems we are encroaching back to where we were when Spigot was running this dog and pony show except for one item. Snead and Fisher have brought some talent in players and coaches that we didn't have then. However, holes remain and they have once again become glaringly obvious. This is nuts and Kroneke has done little if anything and we are at the pathetic state of reverting to poking fun at our present situation by calling an old washed up QB only to have Favre play along and decline the offer. What a freakin' embarassment!!!!

So yea, I agree, what this team really needs is for a change in ownership because this guy is failing the fans and thgis team is faltering to a level it apparently is accustomed to after nearly 30 years of corporate losing and wussification.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand it Retro. This franchise seems to be snake-bitten for so long. Kroenke definitely isn't the paradigm of owners, caring more about his soccer team than his football team. But he did pursue Fisher at the time when Fisher was considered the best coach available and an elite coach at that. (Opinion has changed since then for many) Which just begs the question, what exactly are we doing wrong that others are doing right? How do franchises like New England and Baltimore and SF (after a few down years) continue to remain competitive in a league built to have parity? And teams like the Lambs, Cardinals and Raiders continue to occupy the toilet bowl. Are their owners that much better, smarter than everybody else? Are their coaches magicians who have more sage wisdom than the rest of the coaches in the league? Looking at the history of both successful teams and unsuccessful, and then comparing them, it does seem that the most glaring evidence would suggest bad ownership, and even worse coaching and front office decisions. But I thought we were supposed to have fixed that with an elite coach and a well respected general manager?

Of course there are those that say "Just be patient, Fisher will turn it around" Now I understand the concept of being patient---I've been a Rams fan since 1973 so the quality is not foreign to me. But when presented with loads of evidence that indicates poor coaching, bad management, general ineptitude all around, my way of thinking is that you have to then be decisive in making changes to fix it. Either that or your patience will eventually lead to complacence and apathy if you don't react accordingly.

I've rooted for Fisher, and I've rooted for Bradford. But at some time you have to wake up and smell the coffee for crying out loud. I guess my philosophy is different than the politically correct crowd, but I try to look at things objectively instead of wishfully. If I was the owner I would stop worrying about saving face and admit I made a mistake and fire Fisher, and set fire to Shottenheimer. Bradford would be out so quick he'd not have time to change his socks.

Moving the team will not change the fortunes of the Rams. LA will not support a chronic loser either. They didn't the first time. LA has had the Rams and the Raiders...they don't deserve another team, but that's another argument.