• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next years Changes, For fun

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changes to Coaching staff and players. Who'd you keep, sign, and who would you let go?

Coaching Staff

Keeping,
Fisher
Schotty, I'd give him one more year.
McGennis, possibly take over for Walton's sorry arse.
OL coach forgot hit name
and ST coach, he has too many undrafted FA's on ST. They'll get better next year.

Booting,
Walton!
WR coach
DB coach
Get some proven people in here or someone that has a real chance to help these guys out.

Bring in,
Holt, I would seriously consider asking him to coach our young WR's. He's a proven player, knows the game and players absorb what he has to say.

Mcgennis to DC? I know he has experience. Or go after Lovie Smith? I'm sure he'll be a HC somewhere.

Not sure who's a good DB coach but all the of the DB's have regressed this year so it has to be coaching.

Players

Keep,
Bradford (As much as sooome of you would like him to be shown the door, it's not going to happen, maybe next year, lol)
Richardson
Stacy
All 6 WR's
TE's safe
Long
Wells
Shelly smith (backup)
Barksdale (backup)
JJ
Johnson
Mcleod (backup)
Stewart (backup)

Letting go,
Dahl
Williams
Pead (sorry we waited long enough, peace be with you)
Finnegan (unless we move him to Safety)
Witherspoon (too old)
Langford
Cunningham
clemens (can we finally sign another back up?)

On the bubble,
Quick
Pettis
Wells
Dunbar
Saffold

Players of need,

A true #1 WR!!!! we've been saying this for how many years now????
LG/RG we will probably need to draft and bring in a FA this offseason....we're old and slow on the inside
RB, Again Stacy might be a good RB but we still need that game breaker. Maybe if we had a better oline
SS/FS, both are area's of concern.
CB, Either our current guys suck or the coaching does. I'm leaning towards coaching.
Back up QB, either grab some one or draft some one before the 3rd round and light a fire under SB's ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want for Christmas/my birthday is a number 1 ranked defense. Probly won't get it this year but how about next year /:

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often laugh when people say bring in Holt or Warner and let them coach... what makes you think Holt would be a good coach? Just because he was a great WR doesn't mean he'd make a good coach. Does he even want to coach?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Shane C, I see your point but he has been hanging around the sidelines alot and he has made it known that he'd like to coach. He was on the sidelines in Carolina. So, it remains to be seen if his coaching acumen would equal is playing performance.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure as heck could not hurt to have a winner/leader like Torry on the sidelines to lead the young receiving corps....

However Jacobarch I need to take exception with a few of your ideas..

Paul Boudreau is not the problem with the OL... the players are. He stays

If Bradford had finished the season continuing to put up the type of numbers he was putting up, he would be staying. However, I am all but sure that, no matter what Fisher said yesterday, Bradford will be a cap casualty in the off season unless he DRAMATICALLY restructures his deal AND shows he will be ready to go in August.

Cunningham is a ST beast... he stays.
Dunbar stays
Pettis stays

Draft a QB, WR, S, DT and O Lineman in the draft and LET THEM PLAY TOGETHER

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I agree KSUDodgers. Boudreau is the best of the best. He stays.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure as heck could not hurt to have a winner/leader like Torry on the sidelines to lead the young receiving corps....

However Jacobarch I need to take exception with a few of your ideas..

Paul Boudreau is not the problem with the OL... the players are. He stays

If Bradford had finished the season continuing to put up the type of numbers he was putting up, he would be staying. However, I am all but sure that, no matter what Fisher said yesterday, Bradford will be a cap casualty in the off season unless he DRAMATICALLY restructures his deal AND shows he will be ready to go in August.

Cunningham is a ST beast... he stays.
Dunbar stays
Pettis stays

Draft a QB, WR, S, DT and O Lineman in the draft and LET THEM PLAY TOGETHER

Boudreau is on the "stay" list so we're in agreement there.
Problem is with Cunningham is if we draft more RB's next year he might be the odd man out. We'll see tho. I have a feeling we'll be keeping pead because he was drafted in the 2nd round. I don't like it but due to the fact that Richardson hasn't had a strong season and a 7th rounder he might more expendable than pead.
I'd also like to keep Dunbar but you know how our coaching staff likes to go with the "young movement"
Well they wont cut Bradford next year I know that. I know we'll try to restructure his contract and I think Bradford knows he doesn't have much leverage right now due to the injury.

Ya I don't get why the Rams aren't really playing certain draft pics. Jones comes to mind

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often laugh when people say bring in Holt or Warner and let them coach... what makes you think Holt would be a good coach? Just because he was a great WR doesn't mean he'd make a good coach. Does he even want to coach?

How could holt be any worse than what we have now? Yes he's made it known he would love to coach.
I'd give holt a shot or make him an assistant WR coach.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Holt would be a dynmaic coach based on techniques in discipline route running and reading defenses (he learned from one of the true technicians and that would be Isaac Bruce), desire (he has incredible comeptitive fire for winning), he does not tolerate BS and laziness, and he has a ring. So he knows what it takes to get to the big prize. I know he would do Quick, Bailey, and Austin a world of good and Kendricks and Jared Cook would learn a thing or two from him as well. I say sign the man!!

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Holt would be a dynmaic coach based on techniques in discipline route running and reading defenses (he learned from one of the true technicians and that would be Isaac Bruce), desire (he has incredible comeptitive fire for winning), he does not tolerate BS and laziness, and he has a ring. So he knows what it takes to get to the big prize. I know he would do Quick, Bailey, and Austin a world of good and Kendricks and Jared Cook would learn a thing or two from him as well. I say sign the man!!

Right and the drops by the WR's would go down I guarantee it. He would have them sitting in front of the football sling (or whatever it's called) for hours at a time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Absolutely jacobarch because that is what Vermeil made him do and it paid off.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad jacobarch, I read your original post wrong in regards to Boudreau. As for Dunbar, he is only 25 and in his 4th year. Seems like youth to me.
I guess we are all just gonna have to sit back and watch....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunbar is a keeper. He makes others around him better and the other members of the D love this guy. Plus he plays with a lot of emotion. Yes, Dunbar is a definite keeper.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the changes in coaches and personnel that need to be made, how can anybody actually condone keeping Shottenheimer??? He is absolutely at the bottom of the barrel, below the guy that picks gum off the bleacher seats even. Only reason he continues to get more opportunities is his name and his daddy's reputation. Guy couldn't coach his way out of a three day old wet paper bag even if you gave him a chain saw. Are we asleep at the wheel here?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the changes in coaches and personnel that need to be made, how can anybody actually condone keeping Shottenheimer??? He is absolutely at the bottom of the barrel, below the guy that picks gum off the bleacher seats even. Only reason he continues to get more opportunities is his name and his daddy's reputation. Guy couldn't coach his way out of a three day old wet paper bag even if you gave him a chain saw. Are we asleep at the wheel here?

You know I'd still give schott his last shot next year. I think 3 years is the cut off date when it comes to knowing your personnel and we have to remember continuity is one of the most important things in football. Bradford and his young WR's/TE's need to know the system inside and out. I'm not 100% happy with Shott but giving Sam another Ocoord to work with would just be asking for trouble. My 2 cents.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way Shotty stays is if they get Bradford to restructure his deal and they do not release him. If they decide to draft a QB to rebuild around, Shotty will be gone.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way Shotty stays is if they get Bradford to restructure his deal and they do not release him. If they decide to draft a QB to rebuild around, Shotty will be gone.

I can agree with this. but there's a 1% chance of this happening. The ACL tear is not career threatening for a pocket QB. Plus Bradford is what 25 years old? Ya He'll be back.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... do you really think the team is going to be willing to pay a QB coming off an ACL injury that might not even be ready for week 1 $17.5 million?? Doubtful. If he agrees to cut it in half, MAYBE. Not that I want to see him go, but that would not be a sound business decision if they keep him and pay him the current amount due in 2014.

$17.5 million could get us a lot of pieces to continue to build around.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it guaranteed money? If it is it doesn't make a difference he'll still get paid, so in turn he'll stick around. I'm sure they would like to do a contract extension to help the cap. But I'm 99% sure they wont let Bradford walk.

He'll be ready week 1 especially if his salary counts on him being ready. I know in some contracts they have injury clauses.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I sincerely hope that management explores their options for trading Bradford. We can still get something for him yet. Another 2 or 3 years of his current performance will only solidify his reputation in the league as an average QB that will never be great. There is still suckers out there that would give perhaps a 1st rounder for him right now. More likely is we would only get a 2nd round pick at best if the prevailing sentiment about Bradford around the league is accurate. Of course there will always be those coaches that think they can do better when others have failed. I remember Jaworski's evaluation on Bradford a few years ago, and everybody (Rams fans) said he was crazy--that Bradford was better than that. Turns out in retrospect he was dead on in his assessment.

As far as Shottenheimer is concerned, can't believe you'd keep him jacobarch. If he had been a coach of any of the great ones, you'd never have heard of Montana, Elway, or Marino. Just saying, the evidence speaks for itself---he's an offense destroyer. Most recently in NY, now here, despite what weapons he is given. When exactly did he EVER have a decent offense that he was responsible for? His "3 yard passes and a cloud of dust" philosophy would have worked in the 1940's when they still wore leather helmets, but in today's NFL with the high scoring games and the emphasis on offense, it will never work. Just like his father, too stubborn to change his thinking to adapt to the evolving times. He is the absolutely one thing that Bradford has in his corner. He can look back and honestly say that he had a buffoon for an offensive coordinator. But Bradford's issues are fundamental flaws, as well as mental inabilities. Of course Fisher enables all this so he is ultimately just as responsible. I'm afraid it's a sad mess in St. Louis, and it's going to be reflected in our record over the next several years.