• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NEW GUYS THREAD

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had been to Shaeffer many times even with the metal bleacher seats in the middle of winter.

I still haven't been to Gillette. I have been offered tickets. I've either been out of town or the game is against a terrible opponent with heavy downpours or sub-freezing weather expected. For $200 a pop.

Someday.

One good thing about those bleacher seats was that you could get warm from everyone huddling together vs. being separated by an armrest. Of course there were always 1-2 too many people in a row or a really fat dude....but it was nice and warm when you sat back down and pushed aside two people (yes, I was a fat dude).

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillette is a very nice stadium.

Yeah, Schaefer, not so much but the mighty Grateful Dead was a blast there!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good thing about those bleacher seats was that you could get warm from everyone huddling together vs. being separated by an armrest. Of course there were always 1-2 too many people in a row or a really fat dude....but it was nice and warm when you sat back down and pushed aside two people (yes, I was a fat dude).

I think that was the booze talking.. :drink:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to get tickets...but they are expensive.

A Chargers season ticket holder (sweet seats on the 40 yard line about 19 rows up) wouldn't sell me his tickets....I offered $720 for two tickets ($120 face value and I offered 300% FV).

Looks like I am just gonna buy some nosebleed seats and walk around the stadium....

And I hate that the game is likely gonna be flexed....

We got about 10 of us going,my wife saw some tickets online $200 apiece at about 40 yard line

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to get tickets...but they are expensive.

A Chargers season ticket holder (sweet seats on the 40 yard line about 19 rows up) wouldn't sell me his tickets....I offered $720 for two tickets ($120 face value and I offered 300% FV).

Looks like I am just gonna buy some nosebleed seats and walk around the stadium....

They are charging an additional $100 premium for the Pats game because it's Sunday night game! Frick'n Chargers FO girl called me and asked if I was going to be attending a game this year (I usually attend one game a year - went to the Charger/Chiefs game last year in December - which is infinitely more often that your typical run-o-the-mill Charger fan). I told her that they priced themselves out of the one game I wanted to see.

As long as a Spanos own this team - they're going nowhere. Ef them!

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another thing - 19 rows up at field level, you won't be able to see the game over the players. I've been at that area of the stadium in preseason (free tickets) - it's a ripoff at Qualcomm (which has some seriously flat - flawed viewing angles). You want Plaza seating or higher, else you'll be watching most of the game from the main view screen at the East End of the stadium and end up with a crook neck on top of it. Might as well watch it from home.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillette is a very nice stadium.

Yeah, Schaefer, not so much but the mighty Grateful Dead was a blast there!

best concert I saw at the old dump was Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and Boz Skaggs.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best concert I saw at the old dump was Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and Boz Skaggs.

That's cause you didn't see the GRATEFUL DEAD!

July 2nd, 1989

Set 1:
Playing in the Band
Crazy Fingers
Wang Dang Doodle
We Can Run
Tennessee Jed
Queen Jane Approximately
To Lay Me Down
Cassidy
Don't Ease Me In

Set 2:
Friend of the Devil
Truckin'
He's Gone
Eyes of the World
Drums
Space
The Wheel
Dear Mr. Fantasy
Sugar Magnolia

Encore:
Quinn the Eskimo

Last edited by a moderator:

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the stupidest screen name I've ever picked.

I'm an old, fat, 67-year-old dude.

I've lived in the Metrowest burbs of Boston for the last 44 years. I grew up as a kid outside of NYC, so I cheered when the Jets won their Superbowl, but I haven't cheered for the Jets since, and they haven't given anyone much reason to, either. So I started watching the Pats. I remember Howard Cosell saying "Look at that little monkey go!" and thinking "Howard, you just lost your job." I remember John Smith missing a field goal at halftime, and then hearing that John Lennon had been shot.

FN, NFL threads pretty much exclusively.

And I like it here much, much better.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q: What did the Grateful Dead fan say when he stopped taking drugs?

A: These guys suck!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you call a deadhead in a three piece suit?

A defendant!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double post

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw metallica there.. saw family values there .. great place for concerts.. games.. not so bad either..

BAMA62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came here after being banned for life at Covers.com. They were ultra-liberal and I am the opposite. They would sensor my posts and put me in the penalty box for making statements against the Democrats. Thought about filing a First Amendment law suit but they are based in Ireland.

I'm retired law enforcement and occasionally teach a firearms class for extra money. I reside near Stone Mountain, GA.

I am not a Falcons fan. I like the Brady Bunch in New England.

Looking forward to the football season.

Roll Tide

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came here after being banned for life at Covers.com. They were ultra-liberal and I am the opposite. They would sensor my posts and put me in the penalty box for making statements against the Democrats. Thought about filing a First Amendment law suit but they are based in Ireland.

I'm retired law enforcement and occasionally teach a firearms class for extra money. I reside near Stone Mountain, GA.

I am not a Falcons fan. I like the Brady Bunch in New England.

Looking forward to the football season.

Roll Tide

Why would you be making statements against democrats on a sports site? We're all different but come here for our common interests in football, especially the Patriots.

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another refugee from KFFL. Have lived in the Bear/Packer territory from the time I was an infant but was born in MA. My Dad is an everything Boston sports fan and that was passed along to me. I have since passed the same fandom along to my 3 kids, who are crazy for the Pats, Bruins, Sox and Celtics.

Sure they get weird looks by the kids at school when they wear Pats gear on Fridays but they get a kick out of it.

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing - 19 rows up at field level, you won't be able to see the game over the players. I've been at that area of the stadium in preseason (free tickets) - it's a ripoff at Qualcomm (which has some seriously flat - flawed viewing angles). You want Plaza seating or higher, else you'll be watching most of the game from the main view screen at the East End of the stadium and end up with a crook neck on top of it. Might as well watch it from home.

Cool, thanks for the intel...that helps with ticket prices too. Never been inside of Qualcomm....

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WELL SINCE EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT...

DBLAKE HERE.. ORIGINALLY FROM RI , MOVED TO TEXAS, NOW BACK I NTHE NORTHEAST IN CT..

A MODERATOR OF SORTS HERE.. BEEN HERE SINCE THE CBS FIASKO.. PATS FAN SINCE THE EARLY 80'S .. THATS AT LEAST AS FAR BACK AS I CAN REMEMBER..

BAMA62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covers had a politics forum and I posted there daily.

BAMA62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you be making statements against democrats on a sports site? We're all different but come here for our common interests in football, especially the Patriots.

Covers had a politics forum and I posted there daily.