• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never know what you'll see on your travels - Sabres Content

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this weekend, team 43 went to Auburn Indiana for the annual Auburn Cord Deusenberg homecoming festival. If you are like me, and love ridiculous old cars, it's one of the better places to be outside of the Monterey Historic Races. Something just plain NUTS about watching 100+ Boattail Speedsters, Cord 810s and Doozy Js rolling down the streets of the small town they all came from.

But this isn't about cars.

So we're driving along and make our lunch stop on I-80/90 coming back towards Ohio. Walking back to the parking lot, I see a statue laying down on the back on a trailer. Has what looks to be a hockey glove sticking up.

I wander over and see an old man filling up his truck and checking the tie downs. And as I get closer, I see a Sabres logo and the flowing 70's hair. Three total statues.

Holy shit, that's the French Connection.

"I guess you're on your way to Buffalo" I say.

The guy smiles. Yep". Seems he is the sculptor who was commissioned to do the statues of the French Connection that are going out front of HSBC. He was on his way to install them. He is from Texas. He said a lot of people along the journey have been very interested and excited, although he said I was one of the few who said "French Connection" or could name them all.

Here are some pics of them on the truck.

7922419538_d8c94a37f3_c.jpg

7922415748_64f5b2af0a_c.jpg

So when you see them this season, Sabre fans - remember... I had my hands on them FIRST.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story and great pics. Thanks 43 !!!

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this weekend, team 43 went to Auburn Indiana for the annual Auburn Cord Deusenberg homecoming festival. If you are like me, and love ridiculous old cars, it's one of the better places to be outside of the Monterey Historic Races. Something just plain NUTS about watching 100+ Boattail Speedsters, Cord 810s and Doozy Js rolling down the streets of the small town they all came from.

But this isn't about cars.

So we're driving along and make our lunch stop on I-80/90 coming back towards Ohio. Walking back to the parking lot, I see a statue laying down on the back on a trailer. Has what looks to be a hockey glove sticking up.

I wander over and see an old man filling up his truck and checking the tie downs. And as I get closer, I see a Sabres logo and the flowing 70's hair. Three total statues.

Holy shit, that's the French Connection.

"I guess you're on your way to Buffalo" I say.

The guy smiles. Yep". Seems he is the sculptor who was commissioned to do the statues of the French Connection that are going out front of HSBC. He was on his way to install them. He is from Texas. He said a lot of people along the journey have been very interested and excited, although he said I was one of the few who said "French Connection" or could name them all.

Here are some pics of them on the truck.

7922419538_d8c94a37f3_c.jpg

7922415748_64f5b2af0a_c.jpg

So when you see them this season, Sabre fans - remember... I had my hands on them FIRST.

Pervert!!!!

No really that's way cool 43. Enjoy them buffalo fans.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so bizarre. And Auburn eh? I'm like 15 minutes from there in Fort Wayne at the moment. And this explains some of the classic cars I've seen on I69. Saw some of the airshow here this weekend.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so bizarre. And Auburn eh? I'm like 15 minutes from there in Fort Wayne at the moment. And this explains some of the classic cars I've seen on I69. Saw some of the airshow here this weekend.

Yeah, we missed the Air Show. We saw the parade and some of the Auction in Auburn. Spent the night in Ft Wayne, though. I liked the area. Really kinds nice.

Fort Wayne has a KICK ASS science center.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story & pics, that brings back some memories.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we missed the Air Show. We saw the parade and some of the Auction in Auburn. Spent the night in Ft Wayne, though. I liked the area. Really kinds nice.

Yeah, it's a pretty nice town. Great family area. They have an awesome library downtown too. And Tin Caps games are very fun as well.

Mintyp69

The one and ONLY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to the unveiling tomorrow...This is so sweet!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fort Wayne, Indiana is the home of the Fort Wayne Comets. The reigning Central Hockey League Champions.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to the unveiling tomorrow...This is so sweet!

I am going to try and make it there. My sister is in town this week so she may want to go as well. Good memories from those three.

Good to hear from you Minty !!

Mintyp69

The one and ONLY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to try and make it there. My sister is in town this week so she may want to go as well. Good memories from those three.

Good to hear from you Minty !!
dammit if I had read this sooner .. I got to be there in the VIP section..it was kewl as hell

Attachments

• fc.jpg
    fc.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 36

Modhnoiri

An mbeidh ár Lá Tar!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great story / pics 43. :)