• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nefi, not DeSoto or even Mario

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tHom and Chris Welsh today were saying the Reds have let Soto strap on the tools of ignorance as they try to find a reason to keep him on the big roster. The rationale is that Pena is a pretty good bench hitter. In the past, the Reds were forced to hold their 2nd catcher back from pinch hitting. I don't think Soto would inspire me much if he had to catch.

Seems like something a team would do when they are running out of interesting projects.

Soto ain't ever gonna play 1B.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your right.

Personally, I'd rather have. Guy like Soto 3b-1b-C...than Hannahan 3b-1b.

It's numbers - 25 man roster, 13 position players. 8 of them start, 5 don't. Of those 5, 1 has to be a C, one has to be a SS capable infielder, and 1 has to be an outfielder...for the OF, IMO, that should mean, he HAS to hit too- the C,SS, not so much. The other 2 spots are pinch hitters and full ins. One lefty, one righty. If any one player can fill more than 1 of those, it's a bonus.

Please don't tell me that Jack Fucking Hannahan is the lefty "hitter" in that formula, cause he damned sure doesnt fit any other description above...and he doesn't hit either. I'd rather teach Lutz to play 1b 9 innings a month. The SS backup can play 3b, or 2b. I think that's what they call a utility infielder, isn't it ?