• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Needs suggestions/ideas for the 2012 Hookies

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To help Eloco out with this huge task (thanks for doing this Eloco) lets try to stay on topic so he doesn't have to go through 100 replies not related to the subject.

Thank You. :mod:

lets try to stay on topic

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Couple-Darkstone and Myself :)

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I did not consent to this. I mean, I know I'm desirable, but you're going to have to be a lot less forward than that if you want this to work. Gosh!

EDIT: Sorry for being off-topic, Boss.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm against exempting the previous years winner. Also, maybe posters could be eligible for 2 awards so best a mod could also win one of the,as Puck put it, more prestigious awards? Or at least mods can be eligible for one more award? Also, maybe best new poster could be from the start of the 2010/2011 hockey season instead of Jan 2011?

Here's some ideas for categories:

Most creative poster (maybe as in threads)?
Most improved poster?
Best single thread topic?
Maybe breakdown best avatar into categories such as:
Best team/sports avatar?
Most unique avatar?
Funniest avatar?

Just some suggestions

I believe I made a suggestion in this post. :boink:

I think Best New Poster should be for anyone starting posting after the previous year's awards were given out.

And I made the same suggestion hours earlier. Looks like I have the Invisible Poster award locked up. :violin:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify...

-If we do have a Best Mod category, the "one vote per poster" is excepted for that category to not prevent votes for the mods in others.

-I think a good compromise seems to be vote for each poster a maximum of twice overall - which keeps people from just voting for one or two posters over and over, but allows people to vote for someone in more than one category, and also seems appropriate if we have more categories.

-I understand people not thinking about the repeats, but having seen the votes, they skew very heavily to the people that post the most often as it is. Not saying that those that post most often aren't also the most deserving. But part of the idea of these is to spread the love around, so I'm inclined to keep it. Again, only in the category won before and only the next year.

-I'm gonna look at the categories people suggested and swap out a few and put a draft #2 up sometime soon.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean this???

unicorn-pissing-rainbow.jpg

Yes lol that got me a nomination

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes lol that got me a nomination
I used that years ago on another board as my avatar for a few weeks as a joke. The creepiness that others expressed was off the chart.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember rko using it don't remember dare using it maybe he had it on invisible mode :D

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I made the same suggestion hours earlier. Looks like I have the Invisible Poster award locked up. :violin:

I'm sorry, did you say something?

There, a new smiley just for you Mr. avatar whore!!!

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify...

-If we do have a Best Mod category, the "one vote per poster" is excepted for that category to not prevent votes for the mods in others.

-I think a good compromise seems to be vote for each poster a maximum of twice overall - which keeps people from just voting for one or two posters over and over, but allows people to vote for someone in more than one category, and also seems appropriate if we have more categories.

-I understand people not thinking about the repeats, but having seen the votes, they skew very heavily to the people that post the most often as it is. Not saying that those that post most often aren't also the most deserving. But part of the idea of these is to spread the love around, so I'm inclined to keep it. Again, only in the category won before and only the next year.

-I'm gonna look at the categories people suggested and swap out a few and put a draft #2 up sometime soon.

Pffft, spreading the love around is SOOOOO overrated. Plus, I want all the Grammy's for myself. Wait, what are we winning again? :noidea:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, did you say something?

There, a new smiley just for you Mr. avatar whore!!!
Finally, some recognition. Negative attention is still attention, right?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of one set dinner at the Hookies could we choose from several different entrees this year?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of one set dinner at the Hookies could we choose from several different entrees this year?
I'd also lile to request a rotating venue change as well. Ames, Iowa is a pretty boring place.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used that years ago on another board as my avatar for a few weeks as a joke. The creepiness that others expressed was off the chart.

Hahaha yeah I used it cause I thought it was funny some people were just flabberghasted

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are working on both a chicken and fish option this year, as well as a vegetarian option. So, the two posters who PM me EVERY week about no vegetarian options can give it a rest!!! It was our first awards, okay!??! Give us a a year to work out the damn kinks!