• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Needs suggestions/ideas for the 2012 Hookies

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what I was thinking, kids got some anger issues. Jeff is just potty mouthed. Maybe there should be an "Poster with the most anger issues" category.

I think some Flyers fans might give him a run for the money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to recommend some award designed based on some statistic. Perhaps a rep power accumulation rate (by time or by posts) or a post rate award. They wouldn't be voted awards, because the numbers don't lie, and I don't think someone who wins one of these should be exempt from winning other awards, but it would be something interesting to acknowledge.

So I propose:
Most posts since last Hookies
Highest post rate (all time)
Fastest rep accumulation by posts (all time)
Fastest rep accumulation by time (all time)

Now we can give out some career awards. :)

:nerd:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like not being eligible for best new poster! I think I posted on the general board in December. Boo.

Well Vee, that's the point of this thread. Maybe we should push that back to last July or August. Thanks for the suggestion.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Vee, that's the point of this thread. Maybe we should push that back to last July or August. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm against exempting the previous years winner. Also, maybe posters could be eligible for 2 awards so best a mod could also win one of the,as Puck put it, more prestigious awards? Or at least mods can be eligible for one more award? Also, maybe best new poster could be from the start of the 2010/2011 hockey season instead of Jan 2011? Here's some ideas for categories:

Most creative poster (maybe as in threads)?
Most improved poster?
Best single thread topic?
Maybe breakdown best avatar into categories such as:
Best team/sports avatar?
Most unique avatar?
Funniest avatar?

Just some suggestions

I believe I made a suggestion in this post. :boink:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm against exempting the previous years winner. Also, maybe posters could be eligible for 2 awards so best a mod could also win one of the,as Puck put it, more prestigious awards? Or at least mods can be eligible for one more award? Also, maybe best new poster could be from the start of the 2010/2011 hockey season instead of Jan 2011? Here's some ideas for categories:

Most creative poster (maybe as in threads)?
Most improved poster?
Best single thread topic?
Maybe breakdown best avatar into categories such as:
Best team/sports avatar?
Most unique avatar?
Funniest avatar?

Just some suggestions

Thanks B'town. Good ideas!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best use of a pun in a feature thread

Oooo, that's a pretty good one.

Keep in mind guys that while I think a lot of these categories are excellent suggestions, we can't have 20 categories or it would take forever to vote and people would be dissuaded from doing so.

So, if somebody posts one you really like or you really like a particular one from the OP, quote it and give it a +1 so I can get some consensus or at least something to inform the decision.

Also, with some of these, we might have to do nominations, otherwise it will be just 1 vote for 80 different posts. Two-way ties are fun, three-ways are fun, but 80-way ties are as lame as participation trophies. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I would do the "best mod" category.
Our mods are some damned fine posters in their own right, and it might take away votes from other, dare I say higher prestige, categories.

After reading these two post from Puck and BTM I agree. It's also difficult because mod's do things quietly behind the scenes thro PM's to handle situations without them being made public. It would be hard for me to rate the other mods for this reason.

I have on a few occasions PM'd people and asked them to cool it or have handled complaints that no one other than those directly involved know about.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Couple-Darkstone and Myself :)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can’t vote for someone in a category they won last year (but can still vote for them in another)

I have mixed feelings, Somebody may deserve a category again, but I do want to have a shot at winning :)

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah shit, I thought we were twin buddies.

Right, which is why we would tie for that one. I still think best poster who owns a green 96 Grand Am is a good one. I mean there COULD be another poster who drives one, right?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you said "You DO realize I'm a lock for just about every category I suggested with the exception of the 2 highlighted, " and the twin was highlighted