• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska vs. Purdue -- Game 9

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to thing tommy is like nick Marshall from auburn good athlete talented but avg passer. but because of the offensive system Marshall in he can shine and make the offense explosive.

I think beck still trying to figure how to use TA skills, feed AA, and keep wr happy . I think Tommy needs a Gus Malzahn style offense where he doesn't have to be the man but be able to get the ball to star players.

just my 2 cents our offense Is only gonna go as far as our passing game goes bc teams are gonna go and shut AA down first. msu showed the nation that

I often wonder how many of the sec teams can execute a game plan around a bunch of players that can't color inside the lines yet here we are running around in circles 9 games in

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often wonder how many of the sec teams can execute a game plan around a bunch of players that can't color inside the lines yet here we are running around in circles 9 games in

Do you really wonder, or just don't want to say?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beck just has too many reads in place. just like Bo has too many reads for the defense.

Beck really needs to dumb it down for these kids. not necessarily because they are dumb, but that way TA and the WRs are on the same page. it's one thing for the QB to make a bad throw or the WR to drop the ball, but to have a QB throw it where we don't even have a WR just makes us look incompetent.

I also think all those reads is why TA locks onto one receiver. he doesn't know what route the WR is going to run, so he has to lock on to figure it out. do away with that so TA can go through his progressions better. i just don't understand what they are teaching him when he doesn't look around. How hard is it in practice to have him look through all the progressions? practice practice practice looking through the progressions for every play. that's like all they should do for the next 2 weeks. If TA did that I think this offense would be golden.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and tack on TA making better reads on the option. i don't know if Beck's somehow giving a "give no matter" what signal or if TA has regressed in that area.

that and no more running Cross outside, just tell him to hit a hole going downhill and get the 3-4 yards.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the Offense is too much.

Too much shit going on. That's why we end up making the little mistakes. Like screwing up snaps.......getting false starts.........lining up in illegal formations and looking confused on the sideline as to how we had too many men in the backfield........turning the cot damn ball over like we enjoy it.......etc etc.

We are pretty well disciplined on Defense this year.......but Offensively, we remain undisciplined.

There is a reason Oregon makes it look so simple running the zone read. It's because it is simple. They don't overcomplicate anything. Focus on making the right read and blocking. Simple as that.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our receivers though.......they do a mighty fine job of blocking down field.

It's a shame that we have to be so sloppy elsewhere.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certain it's coaching but to what degree idk how or what practice is like. I know if a guy as stupid as Jamise can come right in off a RS year and light it up it's not because he used the RS year to memorize the playbook

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we had Mariota we would still make the mistakes we make. He would throw interceptions if he was in our Offense.

It's too "multiple"......too much shit.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beck just has too many reads in place. just like Bo has too many reads for the defense.

Beck really needs to dumb it down for these kids. not necessarily because they are dumb, but that way TA and the WRs are on the same page. it's one thing for the QB to make a bad throw or the WR to drop the ball, but to have a QB throw it where we don't even have a WR just makes us look incompetent.

I also think all those reads is why TA locks onto one receiver. he doesn't know what route the WR is going to run, so he has to lock on to figure it out. do away with that so TA can go through his progressions better. i just don't understand what they are teaching him when he doesn't look around. How hard is it in practice to have him look through all the progressions? practice practice practice looking through the progressions for every play. that's like all they should do for the next 2 weeks. If TA did that I think this offense would be golden.

THIS IS IT. players spending so much time thinking instead of attacking

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if we can see it why can't the staff??

Oregon doesn't run a complicated offenses
auburn will run the same play 4 times straight till the defense stops it
osu same thing simple reads and check downs

meanwhile...are talent sits and burns hole in the bench. beck out smarts himself instead of keeping it simple

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we had Mariota we would still make the mistakes we make. He would throw interceptions if he was in our Offense.

It's too "multiple"......too much shit.

sad truth we have talent coaching staff is the reason we're being held back. gerry looked bad at lb switched back to his natural position and it's day and night.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is going on behind the scenes.

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe some of the Offensive players have stopped fapping or something.

That shit will mess a mother fucker up. Turn you straight goofy I tell you.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

meanwhile...are talent sits and burns hole in the bench. beck out smarts himself instead of keeping it simple

With all due respect BFM, "We" aren't seeing anything. "WE" are seeing something that is beyond "our" expertise, experience and knowledge to really understand.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take your pick....

They've got tunnel vision?
They can't teach?
They're gonna do what they're gonna do, and they're gonna keep trying until they do it?

Think about it.

We spent two years on this message board wondering why Nebraska neither tried to block a punt OR set up a return. Come to find out Bo was trying to prevent getting burned with a fake every time. Per Bo they spent a lot of time "in the offseason" trying to figure out why the starting field position was so bad and why the punt return team was so bad.

Are you fucking kidding me, it took you that long to figure it out? :L

BOP is out of his league and therefore his assistants are outta their leagues. The team has never fired on all cylinders because Bo can't get all of the pieces together. He can't get all of the pieces together because he can't communicate.

How often do you really come away with a solid answer from Bo? Once you filter out the "Duh's", Umm's", "Well I Uh's", and "You know's", the message is lost somewhere in between. That is not effective communication when you're trying to relay a message.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is going on behind the scenes.

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe some of the Offensive players have stopped fapping or something.

That shit will mess a mother fucker up. Turn you straight goofy I tell you.

I sometimes wonder if there's some bad feelings going on regarding the scrap-book boys getting play time over more qualified players.

Sorry Tom

I said SCRAP-BOOK AGAIN!!!!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have tried to envision what a solid coaching staff would have done for the Nebraska program the last seven years with the same exact players Bo has had.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect BFM, "We" aren't seeing anything. "WE" are seeing something that is beyond "our" expertise, experience and knowledge to really understand.

That's a load of crap. Those who've watched the game for a good many years can tell the difference between a fine tuned, fundamentally sound, disciplined, well coached team, and one that's poorly coached.

You seriously thought HWSNBN teams were horrible due to things beyond your expertise? LMAO

Newsflash!!!! There are elite coaches, middle of the road coaches, and terrible coaches.

Bo is a middle of the road coach. I've got 6 1/2 years of data to tell me that. I don't need to see the playbook or be at practice to see that.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a load of crap. Those who've watched the game for a good many years can tell the difference between a fine tuned, fundamentally sound, disciplined, well coached team, and one that's poorly coached.

You seriously thought HWSNBN teams were horrible due to things beyond your expertise? LMAO

Newsflash!!!! There are elite coaches, middle of the road coaches, and terrible coaches.

Bo is a middle of the road coach. I've got 6 1/2 years of data to tell me that. I don't need to see the playbook or be at practice to see that.

Easy there tiger. All I am saying is that if you see something that appears wrong, but don't know how to coach it yourself to be right, then you really have no idea what you are talking about. All your number crunching might make it look obvious to you, but that is just you not knowing what you are looking at.

As to the bolded, wtf are you talking about?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy there tiger. All I am saying is that if you see something that appears wrong, but don't know how to coach it yourself to be right, then you really have no idea what you are talking about. All your number crunching might make it look obvious to you, but that is just you not knowing what you are looking at.

As to the bolded, wtf are you talking about?

Yeah.

I'm incapable of observing that when the opponent was punting there was neither a rush OR a return set up by Nebraska.

I had a good idea why they were doing what they were doing, but as you allude I didn't know for sure because I wasn't at practice or team meetings.

What I did know was that it was FUCKING STUPID and led to POOR FIELD POSITION over and over and over and over.

I'm fully capable of observing that Charlie Weis, Rick Neuheisal, et al are terrible coaches. I don't need to wait for them to be fired to come up with that "idea".