• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA Approves Rule Changesmmtic

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing really dramatic, but all are important to the game.

Instant replay must be completed with two minutes or they move on. An exception is in the
last 2 minutes of a game when they are allowed to get the call right without having a time limit.

College Players can now wear the number "0." That coincides with a new rule that only two
players can wear the same number, as long as they are never on the field at the same time.
(Some teams had three players wearing the same number which became confusing to officials
and difficult for teams when scouting).

Any instant replay, where the clock would have run out before the half, without being stopped
for a replay, their must be 3 seconds remaining in the half or there will be no replay.

A final rule change. Coaches MUST be on the field, in pre-game warm-ups, whenever their first player
leaves the locker room. Referees are now required to be on the field 90 minutes before kick-off and take
command of the field at that point, instead of the previous 60minutes. There have been too many
scuffles taking place in early pre-game warm-ups. That's actually a good rule to have.

College Football Rules Changes Approved

Almost forgot. When a player is ejected for targeting, he can remain on the sidelines and
does not have to go to the locker room. That probably saves some time and cuts down
on some grandstanding.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's asinine that there can be duplicate jersey numbers.

I agree with that. I don't recall when that first got started but it goes back to promises made when
recruiting players. I've always believed it needed to be the other way around. The day they sign
is the day they start to toe-the-line. Not the day they give orders to the coaching staff.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be cool with ending replay. These fucking science experiments looking for microscopic evidence to overturn a ruling has ruined the game.

Then I just want to commit homicide when the refs trot back out to explain their rulings in some gay ass lay man terms designed for a 4 year old to understand.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be cool with ending replay. These fucking science experiments looking for microscopic evidence to overturn a ruling has ruined the game.

Then I just want to commit homicide when the refs trot back out to explain their rulings in some gay ass lay man terms designed for a 4 year old to understand.
I just want the call to be right. Although replay still doesn’t fix some of the most egregious mistakes.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's asinine that there can be duplicate jersey numbers.

Agree, but it's necessary with roster sizes of 105 and up (including walkons added after the first day of school)

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want the call to be right. Although replay still doesn’t fix some of the most egregious mistakes.
I mean who doesn't but at what cost? We're replaying targeting, spot calls, out of bounds calls, fumbles, interceptions, possessions etc... enough is enough man. It just doesn't flow in the spirit of sport. Officiating is never going to be perfect, but to stop the flow of the game every 5 min and stretching this out to a 4 hour game is not good for the game. It's never going to be fair, let's just play on.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean who doesn't but at what cost? We're replaying targeting, spot calls, out of bounds calls, fumbles, interceptions, possessions etc... enough is enough man. It just doesn't flow in the spirit of sport. Officiating is never going to be perfect, but to stop the flow of the game every 5 min and stretching this out to a 4 hour game is not good for the game. It's never going to be fair, let's just play on.

And when they blow obvious ones like the def td by Ohio st it doesn’t help their case

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any instant replay, where the clock would have run out before the half, without being stopped
for a replay, their must be 3 seconds remaining in the half or there will be no replay.

A final rule change. Coaches MUST be on the field, in pre-game warm-ups, whenever their first player
leaves the locker room. Referees are now required to be on the field 90 minutes before kick-off and take
command of the field at that point, instead of the previous 60minutes. There have been too many
scuffles taking place in early pre-game warm-ups. That's actually a good rule to have.

Almost forgot. When a player is ejected for targeting, he can remain on the sidelines and
does not have to go to the locker room. That probably saves some time and cuts down
on some grandstanding.

Alabama must have pushed that one through even though they got the same benefit of kicking with a second as we did ... :D

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV timeouts also ruin the flow of the game. But those damn sure ain't going away!

"Now we interrupt these commercials for a portion of the game."

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know they changed the rules 10 or so years ago, to speed up the game. They took away stopping the clock on plays
that ended out-of-bounds. Now they only stop it until the ball is spotted for play. That affected the game and affected
plays teams could get in, and with the replay, they've made the game longer again.

The more they try to get it right, the more they screw it up.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama must have pushed that one through even though they got the same benefit of kicking with a second as we did ... :D

I see what you did there...it comes as no surprise to anyone though that Alabama would lose a game via kicking. We will probably figure out a way to lose via the new rule now.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Instant replay must be completed with two minutes or they move on. An exception is in the
last 2 minutes of a game when they are allowed to get the call right without having a time limit.

College Players can now wear the number "0." That coincides with a new rule that only two
players can wear the same number, as long as they are never on the field at the same time.
(Some teams had three players wearing the same number which became confusing to officials
and difficult for teams when scouting).

on some grandstanding.
I love the time limit on reviews. There were a few like 5 minute reviews last year and usually followed shortly before or after with a commercial break. Like 10-15 minutes of no football.

I also like the change to targeting where a kid can at least still be on the field with the team. Less of a blow, especially in big games.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you did there...it comes as no surprise to anyone though that Alabama would lose a game via kicking. We will probably figure out a way to lose via the new rule now.

Every time an announcer says something like "they need to hold Alabama to a FG here" my brother screams "attempt, mother fucker, we make attempts"!

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time an announcer says something like "they need to hold Alabama to a FG here" my brother screams "attempt, mother fucker, we make attempts"!

Truth.

It has to be psychological, we can't be that bad at training and recruiting kickers.

Contrary to the evidence contained on many of these pages, I'm a pretty bright guy, and I have always tested well, but my nemesis is the truth/false yes/no question. I don't even think I'm at 50%, I would do better on a multiple choice question with 16 options. Even when the right answer is obvious, I will manage to perform the mental gymnastics necessary to make it a trick question and talk myself out of the right answer. I think our kickers are in a similar loop.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but it's necessary with roster sizes of 105 and up (including walkons added after the first day of school)

104 might be an interesting number.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does that mean for the teams exactly???

It gave teams another option with issuing numbers. (Another number they could use).

They maybe getting ready to limit the number of players that a team can dress, and prevent duplicate numbers
being worn at all.

There was, at one time, a rule preventing the traveling team from dressing more than 66 players. Home teams
could dress their walk-on's and have unlimited numbers on the sidelines.

At FSU, there was a time when we only had duplicate numbers when we dressed the alk-on's for Home Games.
The scholly players had their names on the back of their jersies, the walk-on's didn't. Nobody travels with their
walk-on's. That's just a waste of money. The only exception might be a bowl game.

The colleges have to get this number issue resolved some how. Some teams are using the same number
on three players. LY, I remember FSU bing flagged in two games for having the same number on different
players that were both on the field at the same time. It would seem you would have to practice making that
type of blunder. (If we did, I feel better knowing that we practiced something that we got right.)

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ti112606.jpg