• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Lottery Predictions

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My second protection is Michael Jordan sells his stake or a lot of his stake in the Hornets now they have not gotten the first draft pick. I don’t know if he’ll stay for Scoot Henderson or other. They might want him out before draft so they can make their own decision or at least appear more like they chose it and he may want nothing to do with it if they don’t pan out. Money might be higher now than later.

And no, I don’t care if Jordan is or is not the one making decisions officially. I still feel there would either be the appearance of it or actual influence. They say spot 1 is clear and 2-4 could go in any order.

I think getting Weybanyama stopped Popovich from retiring for longer than he would have if he fell to the 14th pick. Maybe even spots 3-14. Or 2.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Robinson, Tim Duncan, and Victor Weybanyama. I only consider the number one overall pick to be winning the lottery. disclaimer is that I don’t actually know when Popovich started coaching, but that’s beside the point. San Antonio seems to get these players. Yes, they don’t get Jordan, LeBron, etc., but whenever there is a center, they get them. And yes, I know people call Tim Duncan a forward. I don’t consider Anthony Davis, etc. to be Tim Duncan or hyped as much as Victor.

Popovich is a great coach, I know, but I’d like to see him coach without one of those three and without being a consensus rebuild year. I want to see how he is with average players years into a rebuild. But now we’ll never know.
What about the Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge teams? Parker and Ginobili had declined a lot by that point.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think getting Weybanyama stopped Popovich from retiring for longer than he would have if he fell to the 14th pick.
I don't think he would have retired if he wouldn't have gotten the #1 pick.

This is what he looks most forward to in life, at this point.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge teams? Parker and Ginobili had declined a lot by that point.

He probably did well then, too, but didn’t he sign those players when they were already good? I’m not saying that he should ever not get good players and he’s not a bad coach for having good players. I just think that he’s going to be remembered for Duncan’s time and Robinsons time and Wenbeyama’s time. But I’m so bad at NBA history. I wouldn’t risk money to say that Leonard won a championship with San Antonio. Maybe they did, but I don’t think that was Popovich winning without talent.

Again, I’m not saying that he hast to win without talent to be a good coach. I just find him a bit lucky to get those three players. We were lucky to get Stockton and Malone and we weren’t good enough. Popovich should go to Minnesota and win the finals with them or Oklahoma City.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he would have retired if he wouldn't have gotten the #1 pick.

This is what he looks most forward to in life, at this point.

I know, but I’m saying, whatever time he has left in the NBA is longer because of this number one pick. I think if it weren’t for Deron Williams, Sloan would’ve coached longer until his health stopped him. I don’t think the number one pick would make him coach longer. Even if he were healthy. these are all opinions and not criticisms. I might be wrong. Will never know. even Popovich wouldn’t know. I guess the only way he could prove me wrong is to retire right now. Otherwise, I‘d have no idea.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this mean?
I was trying to say that I “didn’t want San Antonio to win it but then again, I didn’t want Dallas either.” And then I went on to say that I didn’t want any other team besides the Jazz to get it. So me not wanting San Antonio to get it wasn’t really that strong.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably did well then, too, but didn’t he sign those players when they were already good? I’m not saying that he should ever not get good players and he’s not a bad coach for having good players. I just think that he’s going to be remembered for Duncan’s time and Robinsons time and Wenbeyama’s time. But I’m so bad at NBA history. I wouldn’t risk money to say that Leonard won a championship with San Antonio. Maybe they did, but I don’t think that was Popovich winning without talent.

Again, I’m not saying that he hast to win without talent to be a good coach. I just find him a bit lucky to get those three players. We were lucky to get Stockton and Malone and we weren’t good enough. Popovich should go to Minnesota and win the finals with them or Oklahoma City.
Kawhi was a #15 draft pick the Spurs drafted in 2011.

Aldridge came via free agency from Portland in 2015.

Leonard did win a title in 2014 with the Spurs. He was a finals MVP. Parker was still pretty good. But by the time Aldridge came, he was less so.

I think he should be remembered for Leonard's time too, since Leonard was seen as the next star that would be the face of the Spurs, as Parker and Ginobili were getting older.

I think he should be remembered for the Aldridge teams too, as the Spurs 67 and 61 games during his first two years with the team.

That's a lot of wins.

The Spurs also went 40-1 at home one year. Their loss was at the end of the year, to Golden State. I was sad when that happened, because it was the closest I'd seen to an undefeated home or undefeated road record.

Plus Aldridge made 3 All-Star teams with the Spurs.

I think he should be remembered for the DeRozan-Aldridge teams, since those were two good players, and the Spurs made the playoffs once with them.

I think he should be remembered for some of the DeJounte Murray years, since Murray was the #29 pick, and made an All-Star team.

So between Leonard and Murray, those are two late picks that became good with the Spurs.

Also, Tony Parker was #28, and Ginobili was #57, so the Spurs have done well with at least 4 players who were drafted outside of the lottery (top 14) and became good.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were lucky to get Stockton and Malone and we weren’t good enough.
Two is usually not good enough, there needed to be a 3rd All-Star or almost All-Star.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the healthiest young 7 footer in the past decade?

Outside of Zubac and Gobert, there isn't much else.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towns, Anthony Davis, Joel Embiid.

Duncan is considered better, Weybanyama is treated like the next coming, and Robinson was great. I guess Robinson may be the weakest argument? Note that I don’t like Duncan as much because he averaged so few points, peaking only once or twice about 23.9 or something.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi was a #15 draft pick the Spurs drafted in 2011.

Aldridge came via free agency from Portland in 2015.

Leonard did win a title in 2014 with the Spurs. He was a finals MVP. Parker was still pretty good. But by the time Aldridge came, he was less so.

I think he should be remembered for Leonard's time too, since Leonard was seen as the next star that would be the face of the Spurs, as Parker and Ginobili were getting older.

I think he should be remembered for the Aldridge teams too, as the Spurs 67 and 61 games during his first two years with the team.

That's a lot of wins.

The Spurs also went 40-1 at home one year. Their loss was at the end of the year, to Golden State. I was sad when that happened, because it was the closest I'd seen to an undefeated home or undefeated road record.

Plus Aldridge made 3 All-Star teams with the Spurs.

I think he should be remembered for the DeRozan-Aldridge teams, since those were two good players, and the Spurs made the playoffs once with them.

I think he should be remembered for some of the DeJounte Murray years, since Murray was the #29 pick, and made an All-Star team.

So between Leonard and Murray, those are two late picks that became good with the Spurs.

Also, Tony Parker was #28, and Ginobili was #57, so the Spurs have done well with at least 4 players who were drafted outside of the lottery (top 14) and became good.

I know if I were to say Popovich wasn’t proven as a coach and just got places because of his players, that would be a bad take. I just don’t like that he got Duncan (yes, I know both sides of the tank job for Duncan) and Weybanyama. I don’t consider Leonard, Aldridge, to be the same category as Duncan and what Weybanyama is supposed to be and Embiid, Davis, etc. I don’t see as the Spurs missing out. I mean, we’re the Spurs in the lottery the years Davis or Embiid were drafted?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Robinson was much, but I do like him even more than Patrick Ewing.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know if I were to say Popovich wasn’t proven as a coach and just got places because of his players, that would be a bad take. I just don’t like that he got Duncan (yes, I know both sides of the tank job for Duncan) and Weybanyama. I don’t consider Leonard, Aldridge, to be the same category as Duncan and what Weybanyama is supposed to be and Embiid, Davis, etc. I don’t see as the Spurs missing out. I mean, we’re the Spurs in the lottery the years Davis or Embiid were drafted?
No, but they could have been, because those guys are as good as Duncan and Robinson. The Spurs could have tanked and gotten them, because Embiid and Davis are on par with Duncan and Robinson.

Also, I think Robinson was hurt, so it was a bad record because of injuries, just like the Warriors when they were without Curry and Thompson and ended with the #2 pick.

I can't find 7 footers that have stayed healthy. Zubac and Gobert seem to be the only ones. That's my biggest concern for Weybanyama.

Since Duncan, there hasn't been a great All-Star 7 footer that's stayed healthy.

Gobert is the closest, but he's not Davis, Embiid, Robinson, etc. He's not even on the NBA top 76 list.

Anthony Davis is, he was #53.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t consider Leonard, Aldridge, to be the same category as Duncan and what Weybanyama is supposed to be and Embiid, Davis, etc.
What I meant by the Leonard and Aldridge examples were:

1) He took a #15 pick, not a top pick, and made him a great player.
2) The Spurs had multiple 60 win seasons with Leonard and Aldridge. If the measure of a coach is regular season wins, then he showed that.

Hence one measure that Popovich is a good coach, because he doesn't need all time greats like Phil Jackson.

And his players like playing for him, unlike Pat Riley.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, were you annoyed that Cleveland got the # 1 pick 3 years in a 4 year span?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, now I’m happy he is going to the Spurs:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see he pumped his fist and smiled when theHouston Rockets got fourth? (Meaning he wasn’t going there.) Could this be because of his Spurs support or is it because of the Rockets? He liked San Antonio because of Tony Parker being French.