• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season just ended and I already miss it. Looking forward to next season tipping off.
In a normal year I think tipoff would be about a week away...do hope it doesn't go too far past the New year.

Of course, the Browns can hold our attention for a while I think.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 must be nervous......Thomas out tonight after altercation with a teammate and a few weeks ago he Tweeted, "This game could get ugly."

Wonder if he gets traded by the deadline or in the offseason.....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I think most Lakers fans questioned some of the moves as well. Not that he made them, I think we all understood what was still available after they didn't get Kawhi...

But he did put together a versatile roster that allowed the Lakers to match any style a team wanted to play. If a team went big, the Lakers had bigs to throw at them that were more athletic and in AD's case, also more skilled. If a team went small, the Lakers could match that and still be bigger than the other team.

The question, and it was legit, was whether or not those players could provide enough help to win a title.

Turned out, they could.
Reason I don't give him the love many think he deserves - and just my opinion - is thinking would almost be hard not to put a favorite together with Lebron coming and AD asking to come (not because of Pelinka). But he does get some credit, of course.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 must be nervous......Thomas out tonight after altercation with a teammate and a few weeks ago he Tweeted, "This game could get ugly."

Wonder if he gets traded by the deadline or in the offseason.....

You do realize he tweeted that with the Saints winning right? Not sure what point you're getting at. He thought his squad will dominate.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make a case, based on numbers. But Lebron was the driving force that got them this title. Plus, they likely factored in Lebron doing what he did at age 35.
and I've seen Lebron do what he did without AD...no way AD carries that team without Lebron.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason I don't give him the love many think he deserves - and just my opinion - is thinking would almost be hard not to put a favorite together with Lebron coming and AD asking to come (not because of Pelinka). But he does get some credit, of course.

Understandable to a point.

I'm not claiming he's exec of the year or anything. But it's not like AD to the Lakers was a slam dunk. Because of Rich Paul and Klutch doing what they did, there was speculation that the Pels would take less than the Lakers offer just to keep AD away from them.

Also, just getting Lebron and AD doesn't guarantee anything. Pelinka still had to sign lqaywers who could actually help. That wasn't exactly easy considering what was left. He was actually mocked and criticized.

He was also mocked and criticized for his coaching hires, including bringing in Jason Kidd who many said would try to take over.

Maybe he knew what he was doing? Maybe he just got lucky? My guess would be a little of both.

Again, not exec of the year material, but he deserves more credit than he's been getting or is likely to get.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I've seen Lebron do what he did without AD...no way AD carries that team without Lebron.

Depends on how Lebron's $40M-ish cap hold is spent if he's not there. It's not like we're talking about this same team without AD. That allows shopping at the most expensive level of the NBA.

I don't think running the offense exclusively through Giannis is a championship recipe unless he continues to improve. Right now, the rest of the team tends to spectate.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who does Lebron think keeps disrespecting him lol

A chunk of the media, like Jason Williams, Skip, etc. There is definitely a Lebron-hate segment of the media. Not sure why he lets that get to him, unless he needs that fuel.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. That's why I said you can make a case based on numbers, but Lebron was the driving force. It reminds me a bit of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. Based on numbers, ou could make MVP cases for Kobe to have been co-MVP, but Shaq was the driving force and therefore the MVP.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Dak injury was gruesome......he turned down 100 million to play on a 1 year deal.....at least Cousins stayed healthy.

At first it looked like he was rubbing out a cramp in his lower leg, then you notice his foot was at a 45 degree angle and he holding his leg up to keep his foot off the ground. After that, I didn't need any more replays. Yikes.