• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Put AD on the Bucks and I don’t think they’re as successful.

You don't think they're still a second round exit? I think he could get to the second round with the Bucks. Giannis has been great for regular season success. Postseason, not so much. He needs more of an AD role instead of a Lebron role IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make a case, based on numbers. But Lebron was the driving force that got them this title. Plus, they likely factored in Lebron doing what he did at age 35.

Lebron was there every game. There were games where AD didn't rebound and wasn't anywhere near as consistent. 1 and 1a, not yet 1a and 1b.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think they're still a second round exit? I think he could get to the second round with the Bucks. Giannis has been great for regular season success. Postseason, not so much. He needs more of an AD role instead of a Lebron role IMO.

Also needs to work on his jumpshot, even just mid-range. He can go through a NBA season carrying a team and even without much a jumpshot but you are going to get to a playoff series where a team strategizes their team defense around that weakness...he won't be in contention of winning a title until he can expand his game. He will close to unstoppable with a decent jumpshot too. I think he can still be a #1 definitely, he just needs a 1b playing alongside him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was there every game. There were games where AD didn't rebound and wasn't anywhere near as consistent. 1 and 1a, not yet 1a and 1b.

Yeah, there were also times where AD was the best player on the floor. But I agree, it wasn't enough to be 1 and 1a though. The Heat were also able to limit him for longer periods of time than they could Lebron.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A chunk of the media, like Jason Williams, Skip, etc. There is definitely a Lebron-hate segment of the media. Not sure why he lets that get to him, unless he needs that fuel.
Yeah but that’s “media”, guys who say shit just to get noticed. More entertainment than anything.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can go through a NBA season carrying a team and even without much a jumpshot but you are going to get to a playoff series where a team strategizes their team defense around that weakness...

It's happened to him 2 seasons in a row now.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is crazy is Jimmy has the series of his career and has 2 Lebron-like games and he is just exhausted by Game 6...Lebron has done this for 15 years...year after year and usually was in Jimmy's situation. Team wasn't favored and didn't have great odds.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there were also times where AD was the best player on the floor. But I agree, it wasn't enough to be 1 and 1a though. The Heat were also able to limit him for longer periods of time than they could Lebron.
Saw another impressive stat for Lebron. something like one of only a couple others to average 25 ppg and shoot 50% or better in every game. shaq was another, don't recall 3rd if there was a 3rd (not MJ).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is crazy is Jimmy has the series of his career and has 2 Lebron-like games and he is just exhausted by Game 6...Lebron has done this for 15 years...year after year and usually was in Jimmy's situation. Team wasn't favored and didn't have great odds.

To be fair to Jimmy, he was having to do it with guys like Lebron and AD on him and just about everyone the Lakers threw at him was bigger than him. Lebron never had to face Lebron and AD and a bunch of other guys who are bigger than him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy has been way off base on damn near everything he posts
when it comes to the playoffs he was, but most had many of same predictions as him. Not patting my own back as hardly any thought really went into it (said I'm not picking against Lebron until someone other than GS beats him) but I had to be in minority here of non-Laker fans who said Lakers would win title, right? and who had Miami getting past Bucks?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...he had more talent around him (far more) but reminded me of Lebron carrying Cavs in 2014-15 Finals. Jimmy was way more efficient, too (than 15-14 Lebron)

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when it comes to the playoffs he was, but most had many of same predictions as him. Not patting my own back as hardly any thought really went into it (said I'm not picking against Lebron until someone other than GS beats him) but I had to be in minority here of non-Laker fans who said Lakers would win title, right? and who had Miami getting past Bucks?

Wiggy is wrong in most things. His hatred for teams, players and even other posters on this board clouds his judgement to the point it’s pathetic.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is wrong in most things. His hatred for teams, players and even other posters on this board clouds his judgement to the point it’s pathetic.
and when it comes to his thoughts on Butler I 100% agree (and other things). But his more recent predictions mirrored many here.....obviously he was harder on Lebron than many though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and when it comes to his thoughts on Butler I 100% agree (and other things). But his more recent predictions mirrored many here.....obviously he was harder on Lebron than many though.

You need to stop defending him. Nobody has mirrored his “predictions“

a. the Heat have the worst collection of draft assets in the NBA- nothing to attach to contracts to entice teams to take anyone

b. its not like anyone is signed to a "steal" contract like a Jae Crowder that another team would actually covet

c. most of the cap room in the NBA is drying up with the cap flattening out. Its going to be hard to find teams to take on substantial money

d. the Heat would have to move multiple guys to open up serious cap room unless it was a whiteside or dragic

e. tyler johnson is going to jump to 19M a year - thats atrocious

the Heat are getting to be a very expensive, very mediocre team- with no kind of draft capital to trade, and tons of mediocre players on long term market/above market contracts.

well the ones that actually thought Davis was a realistic possibility in the first place considering their trade assets.

Realistically i dont know many Lakers fans that actually thought acquiring Davis was much more than a pipe dream.

Bam is a lot closer to Larry Nance Jr. then he is to TT.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to stop defending him. Nobody has mirrored his “predictions“
do I need to explain what "more recent" means? As for a-e above he was actually right about b-e. And while he is obviously better, Bam is a closer player to Nance than TT.

so there's that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh....I'll allow it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James still needs 2 more titles as a Laker to be in the exclusive Laker club.....1 isn't shit.

Cmon man!

This is why people like me get so frustrated with Laker fans!

You just hung banner #17 and you had to wait 10 years between titles, which is an eternity in Lakerland.

Well, I have been waiting my whole damn life and I might never see it!

The fact that Laker fans can legitimately say that winning 1 title isn’t that meaningful in Laker lore literally makes me sick to my stomach.

I hate you all!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do I need to explain what "more recent" means? As for a-e above he was actually right about b-e. And while he is obviously better, Bam is a closer player to Nance than TT.

so there's that.

He hasn’t been around “more recently”. He tends to disappear when he’s utterly wrong.