• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Kelly had a good game on the stat sheet but dude seriously screwed up momentum. We would get a stop and a chance to cut it and he jacks up a quick 3. Then makes terrible pass for a TO. Couldn't box out. Missed a FT when we need it. Definitely not blaming him for the loss but he killed momentum

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True on that. But without Dragic and Bam, Miami had a chance in the 4th. We went cold from the offensive side. Can't blame injuries on this one, we just lost. Straight up.

That 4th quarter drought is when Goran would have done something big. Attack or hit a big 3. There were times throughout the night where we missed Dragic on the offensive end and Bam on the defensive end.....really hope we get at least one back in game 3 if not both

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Miami to have a chance tonight.

1. Butler is going to have to play like he started the other night. (Not saying he has to go for 30 or 40, just be efficient)
2. Nunn is going to have to give them a nice Dragic number - 15 to 20 points
3. They are going to have to shoot well from the perimeter-Herro and Robinson, etc.
4. The Lakers have to go back to their shooting woes like pretty the entire season-shoot poor from outside

Even with all that it would be tough for a couple reasons. Bam is the only rim protector they had and he is out. They have nobody to guard AD and to limit Lebron driving to the hole. If even one of two happens it could be a long night- AD getting what he wants whenever he wants or Lebron hitting his jumper.
1. Butler had 25 and 13
2. Nunn had 13 but off the bench
3. Shot 51% and 41% from 3. Both better than Lakers
4. Lakers shot 30% from 3 and KCP and Green were 3-19

The size of AD and Lebron were the outliers in this one. 16 off rebounds to 6 by Miami. We knew that coming in.
The Heat zone “worked” bc the Lakers took a shit ton of 3’s and missed a ton and Miami shot with efficiency.

Starpower took over in this one. Cant ask for much more from Miami they are tough group. This one is gonna sting

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, from the beginning I wanted and hoping the Lakers would get Anthony Davis.. I liked Leonard but thought AD would be a better fit, wasn't really that impressed with Paul George. AD and LJ has definitely been better than I expected and I appreciate The Clippers choking for us
Take the two titles and Finals MVPs from Kawhi, which are really just accolades, and you'd see that AD's clearly the best player.

We just lose sight of that because AD was stuck on the Pelicans which is a franchise going nowhere. Meanwhile Kawhi got to play for one of the greatest coaches in any sport with Pop, then lucked into a great situation in Toronto.

But I'll say it now, AD's better than Kawhi. AD fits perfectly with Lebron, which he's never had. Lebron's had great teammates, but none have fit perfectly with him.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEBRON just casually goes 33/9/9 with zero turnovers....

and it was literally not that much diffrent than every single game in the postseason

all at age 35

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like everyone is just assuming AD is going to get MVP.

Lebron is the favorite imo. He is averaging

29, 11 and 9 and he has one turnover

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like everyone is just assuming AD is going to get MVP.

Lebron is the favorite imo. He is averaging

29, 11 and 9 and he has one turnover

Not assuming here. Media will likely vote for Lebron. AD deserves the MVP though. He's been a pain in the ass this series. More than Lebron.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta hand it to Lebron man. When he signed, I wasn't sure if we were getting THAT Lebron, or an aging player going into the last years of his career in Hollywood. Dude came out this year on a mission, and one could argue that given his age, this one of the best years of his career.
As for AD, I knew it would work, but I had no idea that it'd work THAT fast with him and Lebron. Normally there's an adjustment period with a big man and Lebron, but they clicked right from the get go

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the two titles and Finals MVPs from Kawhi, which are really just accolades, and you'd see that AD's clearly the best player.

We just lose sight of that because AD was stuck on the Pelicans which is a franchise going nowhere. Meanwhile Kawhi got to play for one of the greatest coaches in any sport with Pop, then lucked into a great situation in Toronto.

But I'll say it now, AD's better than Kawhi. AD fits perfectly with Lebron, which he's never had. Lebron's had great teammates, but none have fit perfectly with him.
Yep.. you're 100 percent.. Lebron and Anthony has so far been the best combo Ive seen since Kobe and Shaq... To be fair to Kawhi... he appears to be lighter and thinner than AD who to me appears more capable of playing stronger defense and AD possibly can lengthen Lebron's career by picking up load... The Lakers are definitely contenders next year if AD resigns with Lakers which I believe will happen

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.. you're 100 percent.. Lebron and Anthony has so far been the best combo Ive seen since Kobe and Shaq... To be fair to Kawhi... he appears to be lighter and thinner than AD who to me appears more capable of playing stronger defense and AD possibly can lengthen Lebron's career by picking up load... The Lakers are definitely contenders next year if AD resigns with Lakers which I believe will happen

AD's re-signing with LA. Where else is he going to go? He's been in NO for several years stuck in purgatory. Lebron looks like he has at least 2 more good years. You win with the Lakers, you're king of that town. Why leave that for some place else where you're likely not going to win? Unless he wants to come to Miami....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD's re-signing with LA. Where else is he going to go? He's been in NO for several years stuck in purgatory. Lebron looks like he has at least 2 more good years. You win with the Lakers, you're king of that town. Why leave that for some place else where you're likely not going to win? Unless he wants to come to Miami....
Miami would absolutely dominate with AD, you would feel like you went to heaven, but AD imo stays with the Lakers for more of the same