• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one point during the game, he said Butler needed to be more aggressive and I was like "Wtf is he even talking about?" At that point, Butler was literally doing everything. He was defending all over the court, scoring, playing PG and had like 8 assists.

But what the hell do i know? @Heatles84

By going zone, it baits the Lakers into playing small. I think they're better with Howard in the game, but whatever, Vogel is slow to adjust and will continue to play small until they lose (if they lose) and then he'll adjust. For whatever reason, Vogel just doesn't adjust much, if at all, during games. But even with Lebron and AD picking apart that zone on multiple possessions, it also forced the Lakers to shoot a TON of 3s. We don't shoot 3s well (hi Danny Green!). Miami's strategy is to basically hope the Lakers miss enough 3s to where they can keep the game within reach. Clean up a few possessions on defense where I thought they got kinda sloppy in the zone and let AD or Bron get behind them and the game is closer. Fix that and get a healthy Bam, and there's a pathway to win. Olynyk played well, but they really missed Bam's overall play making ability. Definitely missed him on defense where AD just abused the shit out of Crowder and Iggy in those super small line ups win Olynyk sat or was away from the paint

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one point during the game, he said Butler needed to be more aggressive and I was like "Wtf is he even talking about?" At that point, Butler was literally doing everything. He was defending all over the court, scoring, playing PG and had like 8 assists.

By going zone, it baits the Lakers into playing small. I think they're better with Howard in the game, but whatever, Vogel is slow to adjust and will continue to play small until they lose (if they lose) and then he'll adjust. For whatever reason, Vogel just doesn't adjust much, if at all, during games. But even with Lebron and AD picking apart that zone on multiple possessions, it also forced the Lakers to shoot a TON of 3s. We don't shoot 3s well (hi Danny Green!). Miami's strategy is to basically hope the Lakers miss enough 3s to where they can keep the game within reach. Clean up a few possessions on defense where I thought they got kinda sloppy in the zone and let AD or Bron get behind them and the game is closer. Fix that and get a healthy Bam, and there's a pathway to win. Olynyk played well, but they really missed Bam's overall play making ability. Definitely missed him on defense where AD just abused the shit out of Crowder and Iggy in those super small line ups win Olynyk sat or was away from the paint
It’s a make or miss league. G3 they will probably make 3’s, inconsistent. Spo made better adjustments than Vogel, without a doubt. The Lakers did nothing well other than AD and Bron just taking over. Exactly why stars win in this league especially on the biggest stage. In this game it felt like Lebron was the coach picking apart that zone. While Green and KCP were clanking 3’s the whole night.
I expect the Heat to continue to play zone especially if Bam and Dragic are out, they cant guard 1 on 1

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing is I didn't say anything bad. All I said is the zone been good as it mostly been doing what Miami want it to do. Have the Lakers shoot 3's

They needed (and will continue to) to use it a little less. They should switch between man and zone (sometimes in the middle of the possession). The problem with using it as much as they did is that Lebron and AD started attacking the middle and getting behind the defense. A lot of the Lakers offensive rebounds came from it too because it's harder to get a body on someone.

That caused the Heat to "shrink" their zone to deal with Lebron and AD, which meant open 3's for everyone else. The Lakers aren't great at shooting 3's, but they are still NBA players and will start hitting them if left open.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love the way JVG and Jackson keep acting like it is so easy to defend the Lakers. How about you 2 get back in coaching and show the rest of the NBA how it should be done

I was thinking the same thing. Sometimes it doesn't matter how well you play defense. Sometimes, the other guys offense is just better. All you can do then is tip your hat and say good shot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the two titles and Finals MVPs from Kawhi, which are really just accolades, and you'd see that AD's clearly the best player.

We just lose sight of that because AD was stuck on the Pelicans which is a franchise going nowhere. Meanwhile Kawhi got to play for one of the greatest coaches in any sport with Pop, then lucked into a great situation in Toronto.

But I'll say it now, AD's better than Kawhi. AD fits perfectly with Lebron, which he's never had. Lebron's had great teammates, but none have fit perfectly with him.

^^^lol @some dumbass bullshitting this post.^^^

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They needed (and will continue to) to use it a little less. They should switch between man and zone (sometimes in the middle of the possession). The problem with using it as much as they did is that Lebron and AD started attacking the middle and getting behind the defense. A lot of the Lakers offensive rebounds came from it too because it's harder to get a body on someone.

That caused the Heat to "shrink" their zone to deal with Lebron and AD, which meant open 3's for everyone else. The Lakers aren't great at shooting 3's, but they are still NBA players and will start hitting them if left open.

The problem though, is with at least 2 of:

Robinson, Herro and Olynck on the floor,

I don’t think Miami has a choice. The man defense with that group just isn’t good. Might be able to hide 1, but tough to hide 3 exploitable defenders.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not assuming here. Media will likely vote for Lebron. AD deserves the MVP though. He's been a pain in the ass this series. More than Lebron.

I don't know if it's happened before, but maybe co-MVP's?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,531.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting my bets in on CFB today.....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the two titles and Finals MVPs from Kawhi, which are really just accolades, and you'd see that AD's clearly the best player.

We just lose sight of that because AD was stuck on the Pelicans which is a franchise going nowhere. Meanwhile Kawhi got to play for one of the greatest coaches in any sport with Pop, then lucked into a great situation in Toronto.

But I'll say it now, AD's better than Kawhi. AD fits perfectly with Lebron, which he's never had. Lebron's had great teammates, but none have fit perfectly with him.

We are seeing evidence now that AD is the better teammate/locker room guy too.

We all have a tendency to overreact to most recent events. That could be what this is, but AD is as talented as anybody in the league.