• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate seeing teams fight so hard to get to the top and then get smacked by the injury bug

No doubt about that. And the Heat have looked so damn good heading into the Finals. They'll need a miracle to even the series up tonight.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's chances of pulling off the upset now are slim to none.

It's slim, but possible. Miami is gonna play hard tonight and this Lakers team has shown over the season they are prone to coasting, switching flipping, or whatever you want to call it. I could see a scenario where much of the Lakers players don't really give a full effort knowing Miami "can't beat them" with all their injuries, the game stays closer than it should, and the Heat somehow end up stealing the game late.

Not saying that's what will happen, but its plausible.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's slim, but possible. Miami is gonna play hard tonight and this Lakers team has shown over the season they are prone to coasting, switching flipping, or whatever you want to call it. I could see a scenario where much of the Lakers players don't really give a full effort knowing Miami "can't beat them" with all their injuries, the game stays closer than it should, and the Heat somehow end up stealing the game late.

For Miami to have a chance tonight.

1. Butler is going to have to play like he started the other night. (Not saying he has to go for 30 or 40, just be efficient)
2. Nunn is going to have to give them a nice Dragic number - 15 to 20 points
3. They are going to have to shoot well from the perimeter-Herro and Robinson, etc.
4. The Lakers have to go back to their shooting woes like pretty the entire season-shoot poor from outside

Even with all that it would be tough for a couple reasons. Bam is the only rim protector they had and he is out. They have nobody to guard AD and to limit Lebron driving to the hole. If even one of two happens it could be a long night- AD getting what he wants whenever he wants or Lebron hitting his jumper.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without Bam in the line up I think the Lakers frontline will destory the Heat tonight. They have nobody to stop AD. The rebounding edge could get ugly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Miami to have a chance tonight.

1. Butler is going to have to play like he started the other night. (Not saying he has to go for 30 or 40, just be efficient)
2. Nunn is going to have to give them a nice Dragic number - 15 to 20 points
3. They are going to have to shoot well from the perimeter-Herro and Robinson, etc.
4. The Lakers have to go back to their shooting woes like pretty the entire season-shoot poor from outside

Even with all that it would be tough for a couple reasons. Bam is the only rim protector they had and he is out. They have nobody to guard AD and to limit Lebron driving to the hole. If even one of two happens it could be a long night- AD getting what he wants whenever he wants or Lebron hitting his jumper.

Miami biggest focus should be defense. If they do that well then it will be a game entering the 4th which is all they can really ask for down 2 of their top 3 players

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami biggest focus should be defense. If they do that well then it will be a game entering the 4th which is all they can really ask for down 2 of their top 3 players

Yeah for sure, just with either Robinson or Herro out there they could be attacking any of those matchups and of course any AD matchup. I'm sure Spo has something up his sleeve, just have to see if it's enough

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's good to see you've taken your stupid pills this evening. If he's been slowing down since Miami who was the real leader of those Cavs teams that went to 4 straight Finals, Tristan Thompson?
duh.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrating end to a very weird season.

It's not like I much of an expectation...hell I was shocked they ended up with the record they did the regular season how bad that lineup was. Then pitching shit the bed. Young team though other than some veterans that also shit the bed- Santana, Hand, etc.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who do you like most for Heat in a FD lineup with the injuries among Nunn, Olynyk, Iggy and Crowder?

Olynyk has been a "never play for any reason" for a few years but might need to make exception tonight.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrating end to a very weird season.
Yeah. Thought maybe they could beat yanks as they were not a good road team but even if they did did not expect to go further.\

Hard to believe the first and last pitchers of the series - arguably our 2 best - really let them down.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah for sure, just with either Robinson or Herro out there they could be attacking any of those matchups and of course any AD matchup. I'm sure Spo has something up his sleeve, just have to see if it's enough

They need to stop switching so frequently. Those 2 are fine on guys like Rondo, KCP, Green, and Caruso

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like I much of an expectation...hell I was shocked they ended up with the record they did the regular season how bad that lineup was. Then pitching shit the bed. Young team though other than some veterans that also shit the bed- Santana, Hand, etc.

Speaking of pitching did you hear that liar Mike Clevinger was left off of the Padres playoff roster with an arm injury?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Thought maybe they could beat yanks as they were not a good road team but even if they did did not expect to go further.\

Hard to believe the first and last pitchers of the series - arguably our 2 best - really let them down.

I'm rooting for anyone to beat the Bronx Bozo's. Have never been a fan of that team.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just can't get into the fanduel lineups with the Lakers. EVERYONE takes either Lebron or AD then it's a dice roll for the also rans to win money. Meh no thanks.