• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that you and @Wamu are both essentially right.

You are correct that Lebron is 33 years old and has a lot of mileage on his body. Also, Father Time is undefeated.

Teams will definitely need to take that into consideration and weigh it with their long term plans. So, they will need to look at how long they are looking to sign him for and who, if anyone, they have to move off of their rosters to make room for him. They also need to take into consideration what moves he wants them to make as well.

There is, of course, risk involved. If he has a "falling off of a cliff" type of decline, then it can have a negative effect on the team for at least as long as his contract lasts.

Wamu is correct that, barring a major injury and given how Lebron takes care of himself as well as being a physical freak...it seems unlikely that his decline will be coming as early as next year. That should make it worth the risk for most teams.

End of the day, if he continues to play at his current level (best in the world) for another season or 2 and then has a slow decline...whichever team he goes to will be very happy.

If he suffers a major injury or "falls off a cliff" then the teams that didn't get him will pat themselves on the back and pretend they're smart because they "dodged a bullet."

Very well put. And 1 thing I should have mentioned yesterday that I didn't to @Retroram52 is that I was thinking more of a shorter deal (2 years or so) as compared to a longer deal. Didn't get a chance to get back on the computer last night & say that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well put. And 1 thing I should have mentioned yesterday that I didn't to @Retroram52 is that I was thinking more of a shorter deal (2 years or so) as compared to a longer deal. Didn't get a chance to get back on the computer last night & say that.

Yeah, that's part of the reason his age doesn't really concern me as far as signing him. It's likely to only be a 2 year deal. So, if they got him and he suffered a major injury or had a falling off a cliff decline, it's only 2 years.

He's at the age now where his wanting shorter deals so that he can always have the highest max possible and keep pressure on a teams FO, also has the added effect of protecting the team he signs with to an extent because they wouldn't be stuck paying him max money for 4-5 years.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34844037_10155754207578250_2255127468446842880_n.jpg

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shit show by Cleveland. Game 1 performance by Lebron was awesome

I'd love him to stay in the East and beat golden st but I don't see how he doesn't have Houston at the top of the list.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the type of pussy shit that I can't stand. Stay classy, Cleveland.

I agree but you can't put that on Cleveland. Speaking as a Dodgers fan, I know there are retards in every fan base.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t want to start a new thread for this, so I decided to just put it here...

There are 25 non-pinned threads on the first page of the NBA forum. 10 have “LeBron” in the title. 1 has “LBJ”. Another is titled “8 Finals in a row!!!!!!!!”.

Just under half of the threads DIRECTLY reference Lebron.

Obsess much?