• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an article with quotes attributed to David West about all the turmoil within the team
Oh goodness...should've known better if it came from you.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because it probably is jacked up. basketball is hell on feet, just ask shaq

high_contrast_reveals_joocy_detail.jpg
:puke:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 true champions.

#shouldhavebeenBeasley

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now this is Kyrie's fault??? That's ridiculous.
Its not his fault at all. If he wouldn't stayed, nothing changes. Warriors are still your champions.

I only brought him up as a much better example of quitting on a team is - forcing your way out while under contract.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think all the media that hangs around Cavs practices during the Finals, or in and around the team/locker room wouldn't have noticed something up?
They did know, the night of game 1. They've already said as much.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know who had the story & if they sat on it til the series was over? How do we know he didn't just comment on it after the game at his locker?
Cause they've all said. Vardon and McMenamin and Lloyd.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you knew better than that...:lol:

and when LeClown goes into leave mode you may NEVER see him again...

The bummer part is not a single day will go by in the NBA threads for the next 365 days & beyond where LeBron's name isn't mentioned. It would actually be refreshing if for just 1 day his name wasn't mentioned in a thread. Everything that can be said about him has already been said. Obviously not this 1 though since it's about the Finals.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I think I am done trying to explain to you that Father Time eventually gets the best of all players. I suggested that LeBron may be entering into that window of decline sufficient enough to motivate some FOs to re-examine their stiffy for obtaining his services as a strategy for the long-term. I never mentioned, hope for, or believe that LeBron's skills would "fall apart" as of next year. Those are your words and projections. Good grief, are you that dense?

I think that you and @Wamu are both essentially right.

You are correct that Lebron is 33 years old and has a lot of mileage on his body. Also, Father Time is undefeated.

Teams will definitely need to take that into consideration and weigh it with their long term plans. So, they will need to look at how long they are looking to sign him for and who, if anyone, they have to move off of their rosters to make room for him. They also need to take into consideration what moves he wants them to make as well.

There is, of course, risk involved. If he has a "falling off of a cliff" type of decline, then it can have a negative effect on the team for at least as long as his contract lasts.

Wamu is correct that, barring a major injury and given how Lebron takes care of himself as well as being a physical freak...it seems unlikely that his decline will be coming as early as next year. That should make it worth the risk for most teams.

End of the day, if he continues to play at his current level (best in the world) for another season or 2 and then has a slow decline...whichever team he goes to will be very happy.

If he suffers a major injury or "falls off a cliff" then the teams that didn't get him will pat themselves on the back and pretend they're smart because they "dodged a bullet."