• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't know, I wasn't complaining. Normally I'd be annoyed by all the extra days in the Finals, but LeBron needs it.

Hope the Cavs roll players can do a better job of hitting open jumpers during the Finals.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,256.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors -11.5 game 1.
I doubt a LeBron team over the last 8 seasons has ever been a bigger dog, assuming James was playing.

Cavs plus the points. Unless the line moves in the next few days.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone gave u a facepalm for ur comment. I'm hear to say I agree with you. Houston did expose the warriors a lil. Their defense early in games caused some confusion for the warriors. The Cavs need to view alot of those tapes and pray.
They might be right, but they weren't right when they said Warriors against the Rockets in six games without a problem. LeBron is more than Hardin - he is going to play hard and better.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would think you Lakers fans would have caught all the fish by now.....there anything left in the lake?:lol:
Plenty - I caught a 4 pound Carp last week - I cleaned her up and gave her to a friend though - Carp is too bony for me.

Don't worry - there are plenty of fish for LeBron

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Cavs have the Rockets personnel? It's a lot easier to say do what the Rockets did. But you have to have the personnel. Otherwise, teams would've just looked at what the Spurs did while they had Tim Duncan and say we'll just do that.

Exactly.
Every team cant follow the blueprint or have a Warrior type roster.
The regular season is 82 games and you need to be versatile enough to play different ways.
Thats why you can have a Whiteside, but you also need a Bam or Kelly O.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

and if you can have all 3 you can get your ass kicked in the first round! All though - in their defense- spending about a 1/4 on your payroll on Hassan Whiteside is like shooting yourself in the foot right before you start running a marathon.

Much rather have a versatile and team orinted player like Tristan Thompson-- never complains- is ready to do everything for the team and comes up big when his number is called. If not for TT the Cavs do not beat the Pacers and they do not beat Boston.

Tristan Thompsons is just such a great teammate, is so tough and does whatever it takes to help his team win. Honestly Whiteside could learn a LOT from him.

If you give a max contract to a role player like Whiteside....well....you saw what happened....the sad thing is that even when Embiid did play Whiteside still couldnt find his way onto the court.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty - I caught a 4 pound Carp last week - I cleaned her up and gave her to a friend though - Carp is too bony for me.

Don't worry - there are plenty of fish for LeBron
gross....you cant eat carp man.

Get some Lake Erie perch or walleye....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gross....you cant eat carp man.

Get some Lake Erie perch or walleye....
Why do you think I GAVE IT AWAY?:lol: - I have a friend and she eats the carp - and yes, I want some Blue Gills, Perch is good and some Catfish or Trout. Some big mouth bass would be nice and before you say it -I was not talking about HurricaneDj when I said big mouth bass

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF does. You'd be surprised at what he eats.
Do you know how to read or are you just flat out ignorant? - I clearly said in my post that I gave the fish to some one because I don't eat Carp.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say what I have to: Any board where ChiefsLakers is considered an "elite poster" is one that I'm too good for.
Well on your way out don't let the door hit ya where the good lawd split ya!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope your right. Kevin Love has to be ready to go to have any sort of hope, though.
It's gonna be a long series for him with Dray all over him like white on rice.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.
Every team cant follow the blueprint or have a Warrior type roster.
The regular season is 82 games and you need to be versatile enough to play different ways.
i do think this is something you have to realize...

look at the last 4 teams standing---- all of those teams Whiteside would be like a fish out of water for long stretches of time. The Cavs, Celtics, Rockets and Warriors all have lineups where they go small and a "traditional" plodding center like Whiteside would get scorched.

Paying a traditional big man big money is just not something you can do unless that guy is just spectacular and can survive on the court against small lineups. If not you just have a 25M dollar paperweight.

sure you can play Whiteside against Theiss 20 minutes a game, or against TT here or there, or against Kevin Looney here or there-- but you will get MURDERED playing him big minutes throughout a series.