• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National Perception

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Nebraska's national perception isn't any better than it's local....:

When things get tense at Nebraska, when the pressure of the job and the thirst of the fan base starts to weigh on Bo Pelini, he appears to have a defense mechanism.

Whether it's orchestrated or instinctual, Pelini's trigger response to criticism is daring Nebraska to fire him.

He did it last season when things started to go the wrong way. Heck, he sort of did it in the audio clip that surfaced when Pelini, following a 2011 win against Ohio State, basically told the fan base and administration in an expletive-laced rant, "Good luck trying to do better than me." Then once again last week, Pelini responded to a critical caller on his radio show by saying, "If (this) isn't the right direction you have a conversation with (athletics director) Shawn Eichorst and they're free to go in another direction."

One of these days, Nebraska is going to take Pelini up on that offer.

Because at some point, the notion that Nebraska fans expect too much or that the job isn't what it used to be or that a return to Tom Osborne-era dominance is impossible has no relationship to the evaluation of Pelini's job performance.

Strip all that extraneous stuff away, just look at where the Nebraska program is right now relative to its peers and ask whether that's good enough. The answer is no.

Misery Index Week 13: Lost in Lincoln

Time to reevaluate your program, Nebraska - College Football - SI.com

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been that way longer than most of us realize.

They've started out high teens and low to mid 20's in the polls for a few years now.

The Vegas perception was slow to come around though IMO.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a bad feeling that Bo has such a disdain for us fans that he would purposely make certain game time decisions to bring on a loss. I hope I'm wrong about this, but some of the calls he makes and some of the decisions he makes sure does look detrimental to winning. Either way, I'm hoping for a coaching change if it's with a solid replacement.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Ya; I would agree, although right now, I think it's lower than it's been in like forever. We play in a shitty conference and we're 3rd or 4th at best there. Absolutely pathetic.

I'm still scratching my head over changing the defense up from playing in the BigXII. Does anybody here think that when we played in the BigXII that a Wisconsin or Michigan St or Minnesota would have stood a chance?

It's jest depressing!!!!!!!

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I have a bad feeling that Bo has such a disdain for us fans that he would purposely make certain game time decisions to bring on a loss. I hope I'm wrong about this, but some of the calls he makes and some of the decisions he makes sure does look detrimental to winning. Either way, I'm hoping for a coaching change if it's with a solid replacement.

No way man....... He wouldn't do that too the kids, it's the people he's surrounded himself with, there in over their heads.

Bo can say he called the play on that 2nd & 1, but we all know he's taking an arrow for Tim, just listen to the presser after the game. He's lyin' outta his ass, savin' his OC from flaming arrows, that's all.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya; I would agree, although right now, I think it's lower than it's been in like forever. We play in a shitty conference and we're 3rd or 4th at best there. Absolutely pathetic.

I'm still scratching my head over changing the defense up from playing in the BigXII. Does anybody here think that when we played in the BigXII that a Wisconsin or Michigan St or Minnesota would have stood a chance?

It's jest depressing!!!!!!!

Yes. Except maybe against the 2010 defense.
Problem is that it hasn't been changed enough from those days. It is still basically for stopping spread formations running the read option en sech so prevalent in the Big XII.
B1G teams tend to be more power run based. A different defense is needed for that.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We stuff the run up the middle for the most part.

It's anything that goes outside that kills us.

We have no LBs getting out there and making plays. Then when a guy like Gordon gets to the 2nd level, we have a safety standing there on his heels trying to make a play.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Big 12 team didn't have any trouble stopping Minnesota though.

TCU 30-7.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way man....... He wouldn't do that to the kids, it's the people he's surrounded himself with, there in over their heads.

Bo can say he called the play on that 2nd & 1, but we all know he's taking an arrow for Tim, just listen to the presser after the game. He's lyin' outta his ass, savin' his OC from flaming arrows, that's all.

I sure hope not.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That punt fake from our 30 against Iowa last year. I was sure that was a finger to the fans. What else could it have been?

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HuskerMax has a good survey about the football program.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Bo us loyal to a fault. Some coaches I have to believe Nick saban would throw his mother under a train to save his job.

But Bo, this is a pinnacle program in college football. Its not like you are taking you buddys out golfing on Sunday and you "forgot" to call Tim and John.

I don't have any short term answers all the cordnators that seemingly are doing well or looking to be head coaches at some point like Bud Foster as a example.

Idk a lot of that was me venting. But IMO we need a new AD get rid of Perelman. And hire a new coaching staff

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bo peaked in 2010..
big ten has been a nightmare for him

he's gonna fall down like Callahan if he doesn't make changes

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge