• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nate the unGrateful?

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Nate is unhappy...

SFGate.com : Giants' Nate Schierholtz open to trade

He wouldn't mind playing elsewhere although he loves it here of course. Boch told him he doesn't see him as an everyday player (uh nice motivational tool :think:)... (but he does see Blanco as one?).

"I started off the year playing well and getting comfortable," he said. "I went through a five-game skid, I guess you can say, and didn't get a hit, and I found myself back on the bench and not really knowing when I would play again.

"I think sometimes the standard of my play is different from other players," Schierholtz said. "We're all in this to win, but I'm as competitive as anyone. I came in with the expectation to play maybe a little bit more than we've seen. A weeklong slump kept me back on the bench for a couple more months.

"It's a tough hole to dig myself out of and leaves me wondering if they don't have a future for me here."

Schierholtz said he understood why he was benched and why he stayed benched as Blanco soared through May. But he figured he might get more playing time as Blanco began to struggle. Since May 30 Blanco is hitting .224, with a .297 on-base percentage and .329 slugging average

I gotta say that I do actually agree with him on almost all accounts.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blanco tonight says, sorry Nate, stay on the bench!

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So is Nate being showcased or are they actually giving him a chance?

Probably both. If someone comes along and overpays for him, you let him go. Flip side, you can always ride his bat through these hot streaks and get decent production from a bench guy.