• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name your top 4

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end all be all was always undefeated conference champ. They did away with it to shoe horn in for the SEC.

SEC is not the strongest, it is the most top heavy. And neither of those 2 teams put in a resume worthy of going.

Screwing over an undefeated team because a player got hurt is absolute garbage. FSU got fucked so the committee could lick Alabama's nuts

Interesting you didn't think FSU got fucked so the committee could link Texas nuts.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting you didn't think FSU got fucked so the committee could link Texas nuts.
Texas was a 1 loss conference champ with a head-to-head victory against the other one.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas was a 1 loss conference champ with a head-to-head victory against the other one.

But they had the same claim as Bama. Conference Champs with a loss.

FSU was the natural 3rd selection with a conference championship AND undefeated. They got screwed over by the Texas jump over them.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's the toughest matchup for Michigan. They have dominated opponents in the trenches this season. I don't think they can dominate Bama there

Well it is certainly either the toughest matchup or 2nd toughest matchup for Michigan this season. But I would be pretty surprised Alabama steamrolls Michigan.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FSU was the natural 3rd selection with a conference championship AND undefeated. They got screwed over by the Texas jump over them.
Twon conference champs had 1 loss. it is easy to pick when they have a head-to-head matchup. There was no scenario that Texas was not in no matter what. Alabama needed some favoritism.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say that FSU got screwed over with both Texas and Bama.

IMO, they should have been a lock selection. Undefeated conference champion of a P5 school. Texas and Bama should have battled it out for the last slot.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twon conference champs had 1 loss. it is easy to pick when they have a head-to-head matchup. There was no scenario that Texas was not in no matter what. Alabama needed some favoritism.

So they screwed FSU for Texas. The 4th position was going to be a race between the rest of the pack.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, they should have been a lock selection. Undefeated conference champion of a P5 school. Texas and Bama should have battled it out for the last slot.
For sure FSU should have been in over both, but Texas was a guarantee to be in based on h2h, Alabama was not for the exact same reason.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia was untested too... For years..

Bama been in the trenches all year... Georgia didn't like that feeling when they got down and pressure set in... They haven't had to deal with it this year.

I guarantee you two things, Michigan ain't running Bama out the stadium and Michigan will feel the pressure.. Let's hope they don't crack and get TCU'd...

The TCU game was all about Michigan failing to execute. They moved the ball well and then did stupid things at the goalline.

Hopefully they learned from that and will be better. McCarthy being experienced will help a lot.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can agree with the first comment.

As to the rest, still being in a bit of shock over FSU being left out, maybe the committee is growing away from pure locks and looking more to strength.

Example, Oregon hadn't played anyone but was highly ranked just be being undefeated

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screwed over by the selection committee who needed Texas to be ranked higher than FSU so they could get their undeserving SEC team in there.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great 4 , I especially like the Houndog pick. There are so many greats. I might throw an alternative to those great 4

Muddy Waters
Joe Bonamassa
Bukka White
Albert King

God there's so many

Never heard of Bukka White, gonna have to look him up.

But have music from the other three.

I'm a big blues fan. Seen BB King 5x and Buddy Guy 3x. Last show I went to was Taj Mahal about 10 years ago.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure FSU should have been in over both, but Texas was a guarantee to be in based on h2h, Alabama was not for the exact same reason.

There was NO guarantee of any particular team getting that 4th slot. Several had just as strong a case by schedule. And obviously conference Champs doesn't mean as much as you think.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was NO guarantee of any particular team getting that 4th slot. Several had just as strong a case by schedule. And obviously conference Champs doesn't mean as much as you think.
It was the main qualification until SEC was about to be left out.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the main qualification until SEC was about to be left out.

And,obviously, for some reason, the committee chose to change that on the fly.

You must think Nick has compromising photos of all the committee members.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And,obviously, for some reason, the committee chose to change that on the fly.

You must think Nick has compromising photos of all the committee members.
No, I think the SEC bias is out of control. I don't need a conspiracy theory for that. It is clear as day.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of Bukka White, gonna have to look him up.

But have music from the other three.

I'm a big blues fan. Seen BB King 5x and Buddy Guy 3x. Last show I went to was Taj Mahal about 10 years ago.
Bukka is a blues player who according to artists refused to go full electric He's related to Muddy Waters and actually inspired Muddy's interest in the blues. He has a distinctive voice ( sleepy man's blues ), He and Son House are deep blues traditions from that era. Today blues carry a more electric fashion but that's ok, I prefer listening to Lightning Hopkins, Little Walter, Mama Thorton, Big Joe Williamson, etc. These days I like Little Ed and the blues imperials, The Black keys, Reverend Peyton and his big damn band, and Shamika Copeland