• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s always interesting when hypocrites use “science” in one way, that suits their

“Science” says that life begins at conception, and “science” in that context is crucial.

“Science says a lot of shit, however, that is ignored by right wingers.

“Science” says that you should wear a fucking mask to stop the spread of the virus.
“Science” also says that the climate is changing, and that this change is as a result of human behavior.
”Science” says that it if you get a vaccine, you are less likely to get a disease.
“Science” proves the theory of evolution, as opposed to the stupidity of “Intelligent Design.”
“Social Sciences,” who study people and their behaviors say that some people are only pro life when it comes to other women, and certainly not when it comes to after those babies are born.
“Sociologists,” and “Political Scientists,” who are also scientists, know about how a country’s individual systems can be used in conjunction with one another to oppress an entire race or culture of people.

If fuckers on the right admitted to the use of science and facts across all areas of society, we’d all be a happier, kinder, healthier, and more successful country.

That’s not fake news - another construct of science deniers - it’s simple fact. It’s science.
Science isn’t politics . Science isnt a consensus . And none of what you said above has been proven or are partial slants

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sure is the truth

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Team Football their initials would be WTF

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s always interesting when hypocrites use “science” in one way, that suits their views, but not in every way.

“Science” says that life begins at conception, and “science” in that context is crucial.

“Science says a lot of shit, however, that is ignored by right wingers.

“Science” says that you should wear a fucking mask to stop the spread of the virus.
“Science” also says that the climate is changing, and that this change is as a result of human behavior.
”Science” says that it if you get a vaccine, you are less likely to get a disease.
“Science” proves the theory of evolution, as opposed to the stupidity of “Intelligent Design.”
“Social Sciences,” who study people and their behaviors say that some people are only pro life when it comes to other women, and certainly not when it comes to after those babies are born.
“Sociologists,” and “Political Scientists,” who are also scientists, know about how a country’s individual systems can be used in conjunction with one another to oppress an entire race or culture of people.

If fuckers on the right admitted to the use of science and facts across all areas of society, we’d all be a happier, kinder, healthier, and more successful country.

That’s not fake news - another construct of science deniers - it’s simple fact. It’s science.

1- Not the same thing. Science says a mask will help prevent the spread of the virus. Science does not say it will stop the virus. So a conservative believes if you want to wear a mask, then wear one. If you don’t, then don’t.

2- Science says the climate has been changing forever. Scientists don’t even believe we can stop the changes. They believe we are contributing to it, which is something most conservatives believe. We just disagree to the extent and what we are willing to sacrifice. Why should the US cut everything if it will do no good because other countries are expanding their footprint? A conservative believes

3- Yes science does and most conservatives would agree; however, many conservatives believe there are side-effects to many of these vaccines that don’t make it worthwhile.

4- Does it prove it? Are you referring to the entire human race evolving from a single celled organism? That has never been close to being proven. Even if it were proven, intelligent design would still explain it.

5- Again you are wrong. Being pro-life is about giving every person a chance to live. From there, we also believe in taking care of the children. That is why the people most responsible for charity in this country are conservative and we adopt and foster children more.

6- No...they theorize. You don’t blindly follow the conclusions of people. You look at the evidence and come to your own conclusion.

Again, you are wrong. The news is not a conclusion...it is the full and actual facts. What makes it fake is when the lies are added to make people believe something untrue.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sure is the truth

This is dead-on. It's fine that the Max Kellerman's of the world want to verbally eviscerate the... Skins, but when they finally do something right - still killing them no matter what they do - that's bullspit. They have changed the name - like Kellerman wanted - then he gets beat red trying to kill them. They take their time to come up with a good name - which is perfectly reasonable - he doubles down on the pure hatred - and when I say pure hatred, he acted like the Skins are the devil incarnate. And he's not the only one. I mean, I even agree with him on all the past garbage, but all this recent stuff is nothing but piling on for the sake of piling on. Does he pile on ESPN every time they have a scandal? I'm guessing they've had as many issues as the Skins organization.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the logo upside down looks like a player on ground hurt20200724_132539.png

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, now I need a new mask - laughed too hard in that one.

Breed, the thing I've learned about you is you can't be labelled. I know you love the name probably more than anyone from our days at KFFL - it means a ton to you, but you're willing and able to look at the issue from all sides.

Greatest team name and greatest logo in all of North American team sports. The logo is what makes me believe love at first sight just might be possible. That said, while I've never done it. I've seen the word redskin used as a slur and as something to be derogatory towards NAs. I can also see where people dressing up in NA type costumes and using your ethnic group and/or heritage. For nothing more than a sports logo for something as insignificant as a football game. Could be seen as offensive to some in said ethnic group. Even if others in the same ethnic group don't take offense.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest team name and greatest logo in all of North American team sports. The logo is what makes me believe love at first sight just might be possible. That said, while I've never done it. I've seen the word redskin used as a slur and as something to be derogatory towards NAs. I can also see where people dressing up in NA type costumes and using your ethnic group and/or heritage. For nothing more than a sports logo for something as insignificant as a football game. Could be seen as offensive to some in said ethnic group. Even if others in the same ethnic group don't take offense.

See this I can respect, even if I disagree with portions. This is a well written opinion.

Believe it or not, I can also understand that some people consider it a slur. Many words have been used in a disparaging manner, and this is one of them. I believe very few have used it in such a manner and very few are actually offended by the general term.

I can understand being offended if an ethnic group is being made fun of by the mascot; however, that is not the case with professional mascots.

People claim all to often offense in today’s society and that is my issue.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I am saying whites and Asians are the only people to be legally discriminated against with actual laws that promote it.

What legal discrimination is that and what laws promoted it.

I'm saying everything wrong in an individual’s life is the fault of that individual, or parent if we are talking kids, unless somebody has committed a crime against that individual. Nobody forces another person to drink and do drugs. Nobody forces a person to not be educated. Nobody forces people to get pregnant.

Bullshit.

Parents teaching kids to game the system causes generational issues. “Friends“ being a negative influence. Everything comes back to the individual and the choices the individual makes.

More bullshit.

The origin of the word shows the word was not created as a slur and therefore the word itself is not offensive. If the word itself is not offensive, then it needs to be used a a slur, derogatory manner, to be offensive. Everything I have stated is evidence of an outside influence. You claim white people have all the power in this country. If white people have all the power in this country, and it certainly isn’t white conservatives teaching kids to be offended, then it stands it must be white liberals according to your train of thought. As for me lying over being offended, I don’t care what a stranger thinks of me because I simply don’t care what they think. I want the respect of my friends and family because they are important to me.

I don't care what you stated. NAs have been protesting the name for decades now going back to the days of Edward Bennett Williams.

You need to check your Arguments With a Black Guy folder or something. Where did I say white people have all the power cuz I don't remember saying that.

And its not my train of thought. You've been one of the driving forces since all these conservations about the name change began. To make sure you let everyone know that white liberals are behind this agenda.

I can’t stand Trump the orator. I like his policies. What exactly are you referring to with regard to what he said though?

What difference does it make? You wanna start another useless argument over shit Trump has said and whether it was stupid or not?

So what was done a hundred years ago, and we can agree it was wrong, you think we should get even with a descendant’s ancestors? Or should we do what is actually right?

Get even with a descendants ancestors? WTF does that mean? If you mean what was done 100 years ago was wrong in regards to war. It is what it is. If you're talking about promises made by our Gov't to a specific group of people that our Gov't didn't honor and/or willfully broke. Due to no fault or wrong doing by the people our Gov't made the promise to. Damn skippy the Gov't need to honor that as in one sense its still the same Gov't.

Actually, my position on abortion has nothing to do with God. It is always the liberal that brings up God. My position on abortion is life begins at the moment of conception because scientifically it is life, and it must be from the human species. So, if we are going to end a human life, then that life needs to have done something wrong. It isn’t hypocritical at all...the liberal mind set is completely hypocritical. A convicted felon shouldn’t be killed but an innocent life can be taken on a whim?

I'm not a proponent of abortion....if it involves a life I've had a part in creating. If I didn't have a part in it though. Its none of my business. As for the death penalty. I don't have a problem with it either. I'd even expand it to include child molesters and possibly rapists. What I do have a problem with far as the death penalty is how its applied and to who. Conservative studies suggest 1 in every 25 people on death row are innocent. I've even read a study that puts that number at 1 in 9 death row convicts being innocent. Either number is far too high and the most troublesome part is how District Attorneys/prosecutors fight against overturning a conviction even when compelling evidence suggest they should or at least look back into a case.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard a lot about manifest destiny. Yeah we had it. So did every country on the planet . Every country on the planet lied , stole , cheated to get the parcel of land they have today . Yet we are the ones being asked to repent ? No one asks Russia to repent nor China ( look a Hong Kong ) Japan started a war with us for their manifest destiny Germany etc etc . NA’s. Had manifest destiny as did the Incas , Mayans and Aztecs . If the Souix coveted a piece of land they would take it and they would lie steal cheat and take slaves to get it . I dont see why my country is held to a different standard then others . Al queda and Isis are the epitome of manifest destiny . You don’t think the Zulus had manifest destiny ?

now that the history lesson is done the question is what can be done about the plight of NA’s . A good place to start is the statistical data , the evidence , and try and address that .

The driving factors of poverty are lack of education, unstable households ,getting pregnant before age 21 . Address these and you have a start

We're not Russia, China, Japan, the Incas, the Mayans, the Aztecs, the Sioux, Al Queda, Isis or the Zulus. We're the fuckin United States of America, supposedly the greatest nation in the history of the world. We should keep the promises we make as opposed to hiding behind manifest destiny just to break em.

And if you truly feel like its OK for a country to break a promise to another country or to a group of people while claiming manifest destiny. Where does it end? How long before an individual starts claiming manifest destiny as a righteous reason to break their word to another individual? Your word is your word. If you give that to someone you need to do all you can to uphold it. If you don't, you ain't worth shit or fit to be dealt with in a righteous manner.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What legal discrimination is that and what laws promoted it.

Bullshit.

More bullshit.

I don't care what you stated. NAs have been protesting the name for decades now going back to the days of Edward Bennett Williams.

You need to check your Arguments With a Black Guy folder or something. Where did I say white people have all the power cuz I don't remember saying that.

And its not my train of thought. You've been one of the driving forces since all these conservations about the name change began. To make sure you let everyone know that white liberals are behind this agenda.

What difference does it make? You wanna start another useless argument over shit Trump has said and whether it was stupid or not?

Get even with a descendants ancestors? WTF does that mean? If you mean what was done 100 years ago was wrong in regards to war. It is what it is. If you're talking about promises made by our Gov't to a specific group of people that our Gov't didn't honor and/or willfully broke. Due to no fault or wrong doing by the people our Gov't made the promise to. Damn skippy the Gov't need to honor that as in one sense its still the same Gov't.

I'm not a proponent of abortion....if it involves a life I've had a part in creating. If I didn't have a part in it though. Its none of my business. As for the death penalty. I don't have a problem with it either. I'd even expand it to include child molesters and possibly rapists. What I do have a problem with far as the death penalty is how its applied and to who. Conservative studies suggest 1 in every 25 people on death row are innocent. I've even read a study that puts that number at 1 in 9 death row convicts being innocent. Either number is far too high and the most troublesome part is how District Attorneys/prosecutors fight against overturning a conviction even when compelling evidence suggest they should or at least look back into a case.

You can legally discriminate against whites through affirmative action. Asians have also been discriminated against in college acceptance.

Pretty much everything you said here was worthless. Now there was only one thing you mentioned worth discussing.

Do you believe a fifteen year old that is murdered in Chicago should get justice? It isn’t your kid, so why should you have a say in the matter? That is how dumb your argument is. We all have a say in murder being bad.

You have some shitty statistics. https://www.innocenceproject.org/national-academy-of-sciences-reports-four-percent-of-death-row-inmates-are-innocent/

T
his is probably the article you are referring to. “Since some of the prisoners with reduced sentences could have died behind bars while serving a life sentence, the researchers used a statistical technique called survival analysis to yield an estimate of the percentage of death row defendants who would be exonerated if they had all remained indefinitely on death row and therefore subject to the exacting process for identifying innocent defendants that is applied to those who remain under threat of execution. The researchers concluded that their 4.1 percent finding is a conservative estimate.”

This is all one has to read to conclude the whole thing is bullshit. I read several other articles boating the same claims; however, the actual rate is 2%. Not a huge difference though. A couple of things I do have an issue with is prosecutorial misconduct. If a person is innocent, they are innocent. Don’t take it personal if you don’t win a conviction...he’ll, better yet, if they are innocent, drop the charges immediately. Another is false statements. Treat that shit much harsher. You are possibly ruining a person’s life, especially in r*pe cases. Learn to say, I don’t really know.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not Russia, China, Japan, the Incas, the Mayans, the Aztecs, the Sioux, Al Queda, Isis or the Zulus. We're the fuckin United States of America, supposedly the greatest nation in the history of the world. We should keep the promises we make as opposed to hiding behind manifest destiny just to break em.

And if you truly feel like its OK for a country to break a promise to another country or to a group of people while claiming manifest destiny. Where does it end? How long before an individual starts claiming manifest destiny as a righteous reason to break their word to another individual? Your word is your word. If you give that to someone you need to do all you can to uphold it. If you don't, you ain't worth shit or fit to be dealt with in a righteous manner.
Then go at the other countries as hard as you go at this one then I will be impressed .
I got news for you , it isn’t going to end until one nation wins it all . It’s called human nature . The idea that because we are the greatest country now and somehow we can’t make mistakes others make is foolish and unreasonable

and if I am correct very few countries if ever gave back land from a country they beat
Japan and Germany are big examples , Iraq is another and even the Stan

holding us to a standard you can’t hold other countries too is crap because no other country would have done it any differently then or now

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then go at the other countries as hard as you go at this one then I will be impressed .
I got news for you , it isn’t going to end until one nation wins it all . It’s called human nature . The idea that because we are the greatest country now and somehow we can’t make mistakes others make is foolish and unreasonable

and if I am correct very few countries if ever gave back land from a country they beat
Japan and Germany are big examples , Iraq is another and even the Stan

holding us to a standard you can’t hold other countries too is crap because no other country would have done it any differently then or now

I was unaware I needed to impress you and it wasn't a mistake. It was willful, premediated and habitual lying. I gives a nasty fuck what Japan, Germany, Iraq and whoever the fuck the Stan is do. Do they claim to be all about justice for all cuz we do and it ain't just to break promise after promise to someone. If nothing else though. I at least got a pretty good idea of what your word is worth.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can legally discriminate against whites through affirmative action. Asians have also been discriminated against in college acceptance.

Considering the unwritten advantages whites have had since the birth of our nation and right up to this point today. That doesn't break my heart from an overall standpoint. Far as Asians, that's a bad break,

Do you believe a fifteen year old that is murdered in Chicago should get justice? It isn’t your kid, so why should you have a say in the matter? That is how dumb your argument is. We all have a say in murder being bad.

Lets apply your beliefs here. That being you're responsible for the circumstances in your life. By that reasoning, It was either the fault of the 15 year old or the 15 year old's parents. If there was a dictionary definition of dumb ass argument. This ridiculous rationale would probably be definition #1.

You have some shitty statistics. National Academy of Sciences Reports Four Percent of Death Row Inmates are Innocent - Innocence Project

T
his is probably the article you are referring to. “Since some of the prisoners with reduced sentences could have died behind bars while serving a life sentence, the researchers used a statistical technique called survival analysis to yield an estimate of the percentage of death row defendants who would be exonerated if they had all remained indefinitely on death row and therefore subject to the exacting process for identifying innocent defendants that is applied to those who remain under threat of execution. The researchers concluded that their 4.1 percent finding is a conservative estimate.”

This is all one has to read to conclude the whole thing is bullshit. I read several other articles boating the same claims; however, the actual rate is 2%. Not a huge difference though. A couple of things I do have an issue with is prosecutorial misconduct. If a person is innocent, they are innocent. Don’t take it personal if you don’t win a conviction...he’ll, better yet, if they are innocent, drop the charges immediately. Another is false statements. Treat that shit much harsher. You are possibly ruining a person’s life, especially in r*pe cases. Learn to say, I don’t really know.

I'm shocked actually you gave it that credence. I was positive you'd go with Anton Scalia's ridiculous assertion of .027 error or 99.73 correct judgements in all death penalty cases.

Maybe there's hope for you yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.