• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good decision to wait. No reason to rush - it's an important choice.

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of "Football Team" fuck this team, I'm out

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if legalized gambling is one reason they're putting off the name change. It might not be just the name change people could gamble on but when the name is changed could be gambled on. The longer it takes, the longer the booky gets to hold onto the bets. Just a thought.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of "Football Team" fuck this team, I'm out

Should be fuck the cancel culture, hypocrites Nike, FedEx, Pepsi, BOA. The team didn’t have enough time to change the name, in today’s world I’m sure it’s an act of Congress. What I’m thinking is fuck all these sports teams who support the terrorist organization BLM. Right now it looks like hockey may become the new American sport. I think they’ve kept out of this shit so far.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football team vs the cowboys !

ooooo I shiver with anticipation !

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly. Fuck you espn

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggestion is the Washington Lobbyists. Mascot a guy in a suit with a briefcase full of $.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what happens when you appease the mob ! They will never be satisfied

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a baseless claim because the history of the word makes it so. Have you ever heard somebody in today’s society use the word in a degrading’s manner, even behind closed doors? Neither have I. Hell, I have never even spoken about the American Indian in any manner (other than this type of forum) because I simply don’t care about the Native American as a group of people. They are simply people, just like me.

Heard it used in a derogatory manner about a week ago. We weren't behind closed doors though.

It is a baseless claim because the term has not been an issue throughout their own history. They created the term, do we agree? They named their own school mascots Redskin. Now, as time has gone on, even though nobody uses the word, except to honor a school, the term has become more derogatory? Does this make any sense? Maybe, it is that white privilege being exercised by those white liberals telling the American Indian youth you should be upset, even those your ancestors were not, about a word, rather than actual issues plaguing the American Indian. We can see this because the school system is overrun by the white liberal.

You have absolutely no idea what's been an issue for NAs throughout their history. Given the conversations I've had with you and seen you engage in with others on this issue. I'd say its a fact that you don't give a nasty, bloody fuck about any issues NAs, past or present had to deal with or are dealing with right now. White privilege eh. If we were talking about another ethnic group and their issues and someone bought up white privilege you'd deny its existence. But as it fits into your narrative here you suddenly believe in it now.

Are you're saying is that every NA in this country went to a school with a Redskin as a school mascot? I don't believe that to be the case.

Do I believe some American Indian are offended by the word? Sure, but let me ask you why they are offended. If their parents are not offended by the word, and nobody uses it as a slur, why are they offend3d? They must have been taught to be offended by the word, but by whom? Think about it. It will come to you.

NAs have been protesting against the Redskins name for decades. Going back at least to the days of Edward Bennet Williams. They didn't need white liberal to tell them what they should be offended by. Just like they don't need you or another white conservative to tell them what they shouldn't be offended by.

I can easily come up with the answers but I asked you the question. Why can’t you answer? Here are a few though. The first is high rates of alcoholism, “The abuse of alcohol and drugs are unhealthy coping mechanisms that many American Indians learn to use at a young age by observing parental practices,” Cole, N. (2006). Trauma and the American Indian. In T. M. Witko (Ed.), Mental Health Care for Urban Indians: Clinical Insights from Native Practitioners (pp. 115-130). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. Here is the evidence, Alcohol Abuse in the Native American Population

Single parent homes is another big issue. Children in single-parent families by race | KIDS COUNT Data Center. Over 50% of American Indian children live in single parent households.

High rates of domestic violence, Increasing Awareness of Domestic Violence and Intimate Partner Violence in Our Communities | October 2018 Blogs. My guess would be related to alcohol in some way.

Poor academic performance with easily too many sources to list. No, I do not believe it is because they are incapable. I believe it is cultural, learned in the home.

What are the root causes of those issues. Poverty, despair, hopelessness, anger, lack of opportunity, lack of work. What are the root causes of these issues. Some might opine America's Manifest Destiny mantra and breaking damn near every promise made to the NA could be pretty significant causes.

As with everything, I bring it back to the individual, which somehow makes me a racist. I believe the American Indian individual is capable of not drinking, and many do not. I believe if you don’t drink, alcohol being a depressant, you have a lower chance of committing suicide. I believe the American Indian individual is better off in a two parent household because statistics back this claim up in EVERY demographic. Now, that demographic is affected by domestic violence. I believe if you don’t beat your family or get beaten by your family, you have a lower chance of committing suicide. Finally, I believe if you do well at school and take it seriously, you will be more successful in life. I believe the American Indian individual is capable of doing well in school and the younger you take school seriously, the better. I also believe some people are pushed too much from society to continue their education, even though they do not have the prior foundations for future success. Again, this starts at home.

And if your home is in a shitty place with little to no resources, prospects or change the chances of all the things you speak happening are greatly increased. Or can you not understand that?

Her entire article essentially claimed the game of football was created because white men needed to continue their warring ways and the American Indian thwarted the efforts to subjugate those same people on the field. No it doesn’t pose any questions but shouldn’t we question everything in order to grow, especially the validity of claims? Here is the excerpt, “There will still be worrying rates of chronic injuries to a largely Black player base. There will be no guarantee that the stardom afforded those Black players will protect them from brutality off the field.“ This is why I commented on that portion. She made it racial. She is worried about their safety in a game she admitted was violent and they choose to play. Hell, the first sentence in the paragraph essentially made the entire paragraph about greed.

WTF is this female you keep referring to? I'd really like to know.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard it used in a derogatory manner about a week ago. We weren't behind closed doors though.

You have absolutely no idea what's been an issue for NAs throughout their history. Given the conversations I've had with you and seen you engage in with others on this issue. I'd say its a fact that you don't give a nasty, bloody fuck about any issues NAs, past or present had to deal with or are dealing with right now. White privilege eh. If we were talking about another ethnic group and their issues and someone bought up white privilege you'd deny its existence. But as it fits into your narrative here you suddenly believe in it now.

Are you're saying is that every NA in this country went to a school with a Redskin as a school mascot? I don't believe that to be the case.

NAs have been protesting against the Redskins name for decades. Going back at least to the days of Edward Bennet Williams. They didn't need white liberal to tell them what they should be offended by. Just like they don't need you or another white conservative to tell them what they shouldn't be offended by.

What are the root causes of those issues. Poverty, despair, hopelessness, anger, lack of opportunity, lack of work. What are the root causes of these issues. Some might opine America's Manifest Destiny mantra and breaking damn near every promise made to the NA could be pretty significant causes.

And if your home is in a shitty place with little to no resources, prospects or change the chances of all the things you speak happening are greatly increased. Or can you not understand that?

So you say.

I do have an idea of what has been an issue for the American Indian. It is in all kinds of literature. I care about issues of individuals. Not liking a name your ancestors gave you, not a big priority. As for white privilege, it is bullshit. There are all kinds of privilege for all races and sexes. Sorry, but there isn’t any system in the US that is purposely harms anybody but whites and Asians.

Never even insinuated it. Why do I care about every individual person as a collective? There will always be somebody butt hurt.

Poverty starts with corrupt ness of American Indian leaders and a culture that has not prioritized education. It comes from having single parent households. Did you not see the statistics? Better yet, do you believe a person who has two parents in the household is more likely to be successful? Do you believe a person who takes school seriously is more likely to be successful? Do you believe a person is more likely to be successful if they are not doing drugs and alcohol? If you believe those three, then what does that have to do with anybody outside of the demographic you want to measure? If you don’t believe those three, then you are clueless. Despair is caused by not having a support structure. Why doesn’t an individual Indian have support from other individual Indians? They don’t care. Hopelessness and anger are choices. They are your problem. Is there a lack of opportunity or lack of work? Or do you think they should be able to choose to do whatever job they want if they are not qualified or educated to do the job? There are opportunities all over the country for them.

I would say the root cause is cultural. But what do I know about the increased chance of being an alcoholic if your have parents that are, uneducated family creates more uneducated, and people on government assistance create more on assistance. These are actual facts. They are all cultural as they are learned behaviors.

There have been small pockets that believed it was racist. But, who originated the word? It is easy to understand if a few people are offended, then you can assume they have a much lower percentage of children to teach. Therefore, there has to be outside influence. As for conservatives, I don’t care if you are offended by the word in general. If it isn’t being used offensively, who gives a shit? Speak freely.

What makes a place shitty? Didn’t Trump take shit from people like you for saying there are shithole countries? I will answer it though. Places are shitty because of people. If you don’t like the shitty place you are in, move. If you can’t move, make the place better. You see society as needing to help certain groups of people. You don’t blame the shitty parents. That is your problem. Here is more truth. Comparatively, I do not give a shit about a kid I do not know and their troubles when I compare them to kids I do know. Comparatively, I don’t care about the kids I do know compared to my kids. I can make a tangible difference in kids lives because I can influence them. I don’t get to influence kids I do not know. It is wasting my time, effort, and money to try, because the kids aren’t the problem...the parents are. The kids have the unfortunate circumstance of having shitty parents.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you say.

I do have an idea of what has been an issue for the American Indian. It is in all kinds of literature. I care about issues of individuals. Not liking a name your ancestors gave you, not a big priority. As for white privilege, it is bullshit. There are all kinds of privilege for all races and sexes. Sorry, but there isn’t any system in the US that is purposely harms anybody but whites and Asians.

Are you're saying whites and Asians are the only ethnic groups facing discrimination in our country? If so, I guess 1 outta 2 ain't bad.

Poverty starts with corrupt ness of American Indian leaders and a culture that has not prioritized education. It comes from having single parent households. Did you not see the statistics? Better yet, do you believe a person who has two parents in the household is more likely to be successful? Do you believe a person who takes school seriously is more likely to be successful? Do you believe a person is more likely to be successful if they are not doing drugs and alcohol? If you believe those three, then what does that have to do with anybody outside of the demographic you want to measure? If you don’t believe those three, then you are clueless. Despair is caused by not having a support structure. Why doesn’t an individual Indian have support from other individual Indians? They don’t care. Hopelessness and anger are choices. They are your problem. Is there a lack of opportunity or lack of work? Or do you think they should be able to choose to do whatever job they want if they are not qualified or educated to do the job? There are opportunities all over the country for them.

In other words everything wrong for an American Indian is the fault of the American Indian. It had nothing to do with being lied to habitually or dealing with laws that were made up to specifically displace entire communities whenever the Gov't saw fit. The ol' pull yourself up by your bootstraps bullshit. To paraphrase MLK, that's some pretty cruel shit when a person doesn't have any boots.

I would say the root cause is cultural. But what do I know about the increased chance of being an alcoholic if your have parents that are, uneducated family creates more uneducated, and people on government assistance create more on assistance. These are actual facts. They are all cultural as they are learned behaviors.

And what creates this generational problem? Poverty, hopelessness, despair, lack of opportunity, shitty schools. Not having a sense of purpose. Relegating someone to 2nd class status.

There have been small pockets that believed it was racist. But, who originated the word? It is easy to understand if a few people are offended, then you can assume they have a much lower percentage of children to teach. Therefore, there has to be outside influence. As for conservatives, I don’t care if you are offended by the word in general. If it isn’t being used offensively, who gives a shit? Speak freely.

Why do you bringing up the origin of the word. So what if an American Indian created the word. The white man took the word and used it to mean something else. And stop playing stupid or ignorant acting like that's never happened or it doesn't matter. As for an outside, prove it. Show me evidence where a white person taught red people that the word redskin should or is offensive to them. And I think you're lying far as not caring if a word somebody you'd use it anyway as long as you went using offensively. I'd bet dollars to donuts that.

What makes a place shitty? Didn’t Trump take shit from people like you for saying there are shithole countries? I will answer it though. Places are shitty because of people. If you don’t like the shitty place you are in, move. If you can’t move, make the place better. You see society as needing to help certain groups of people. You don’t blame the shitty parents. That is your problem. Here is more truth. Comparatively, I do not give a shit about a kid I do not know and their troubles when I compare them to kids I do know. Comparatively, I don’t care about the kids I do know compared to my kids. I can make a tangible difference in kids lives because I can influence them. I don’t get to influence kids I do not know. It is wasting my time, effort, and money to try, because the kids aren’t the problem...the parents are. The kids have the unfortunate circumstance of having shitty parents.

Trump took shit from a lot of people, even people like you for saying what he did. Some were offended by what he said. Others such as myself didn't get mad, for what? I just felt it wasn't something he needed to say in the manner that he did. That being publicly as it wasn't very presidential. Hell, on the, 'What dumb ass shit did Trump say today?' scale that didn't even register a blip.

One of your problems is you think you know who someone is from a few conversations on the internet. You don't know me or what I believe. I don't automatically vote for someone because of the letter they have in front of their name like some do. And what I believe for myself personally isn't necessarily what would be good for the country. And I vote accordingly. And as far as society helping certain groups. They've helped the fuck outta white people since the inception of this country. How come you people never acknowledge that? And part of that help consisted of moving the American Indian to shittier n shittier places to accommodate the arrival of white foreigners.

Far as your comparatively speaking. WTF doesn't feel that way? Which is why the conservative position on abortion is hypocritical stupid, bullshit. You think you're being godly in some way trying to ensure a child comes into the world, but once he or she does. You don't give a fuck about em. You think that's gonna get you brownie points with God. It ain't.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think people should have a reason to be offended or just be offended for nothing?

I am offended that you are offended. Do you care?
I care every bit as much as you do.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, now I need a new mask - laughed too hard in that one.

Breed, the thing I've learned about you is you can't be labelled. I know you love the name probably more than anyone from our days at KFFL - it means a ton to you, but you're willing and able to look at the issue from all sides.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you're saying whites and Asians are the only ethnic groups facing discrimination in our country? If so, I guess 1 outta 2 ain't bad.

In other words everything wrong for an American Indian is the fault of the American Indian. It had nothing to do with being lied to habitually or dealing with laws that were made up to specifically displace entire communities whenever the Gov't saw fit. The ol' pull yourself up by your bootstraps bullshit. To paraphrase MLK, that's some pretty cruel shit when a person doesn't have any boots.

And what creates this generational problem? Poverty, hopelessness, despair, lack of opportunity, shitty schools. Not having a sense of purpose. Relegating someone to 2nd class status.

Why do you bringing up the origin of the word. So what if an American Indian created the word. The white man took the word and used it to mean something else. And stop playing stupid or ignorant acting like that's never happened or it doesn't matter. As for an outside, prove it. Show me evidence where a white person taught red people that the word redskin should or is offensive to them. And I think you're lying far as not caring if a word somebody you'd use it anyway as long as you went using offensively. I'd bet dollars to donuts that.

Trump took shit from a lot of people, even people like you for saying what he did. Some were offended by what he said. Others such as myself didn't get mad, for what? I just felt it wasn't something he needed to say in the manner that he did. That being publicly as it wasn't very presidential. Hell, on the, 'What dumb ass shit did Trump say today?' scale that didn't even register a blip.

One of your problems is you think you know who someone is from a few conversations on the internet. You don't know me or what I believe. I don't automatically vote for someone because of the letter they have in front of their name like some do. And what I believe for myself personally isn't necessarily what would be good for the country. And I vote accordingly. And as far as society helping certain groups. They've helped the fuck outta white people since the inception of this country. How come you people never acknowledge that? And part of that help consisted of moving the American Indian to shittier n shittier places to accommodate the arrival of white foreigners.

Far as your comparatively speaking. WTF doesn't feel that way? Which is why the conservative position on abortion is hypocritical stupid, bullshit. You think you're being godly in some way trying to ensure a child comes into the world, but once he or she does. You don't give a fuck about em. You think that's gonna get you brownie points with God. It ain't.

Nope. I am saying whites and Asians are the only people to be legally discriminated against with actual laws that promote it.

I am saying everything wrong in an individual’s life is the fault of that individual, or parent if we are talking kids, unless somebody has committed a crime against that individual. Nobody forces another person to drink and do drugs. Nobody forces a person to not be educated. Nobody forces people to get pregnant.

Parents teaching kids to game the system causes generational issues. “Friends“ being a negative influence. Everything comes back to the individual and the choices the individual makes.

The origin of the word shows the word was not created as a slur and therefore the word itself is not offensive. If the word itself is not offensive, then it needs to be used a a slur, derogatory manner, to be offensive. Everything I have stated is evidence of an outside influence. You claim white people have all the power in this country. If white people have all the power in this country, and it certainly isn’t white conservatives teaching kids to be offended, then it stands it must be white liberals according to your train of thought. As for me lying over being offended, I don’t care what a stranger thinks of me because I simply don’t care what they think. I want the respect of my friends and family because they are important to me.

I can’t stand Trump the orator. I like his policies. What exactly are you referring to with regard to what he said though?

So what was done a hundred years ago, and we can agree it was wrong, you think we should get even with a descendant’s ancestors? Or should we do what is actually right?

Actually, my position on abortion has nothing to do with God. It is always the liberal that brings up God. My position on abortion is life begins at the moment of conception because scientifically it is life, and it must be from the human species. So, if we are going to end a human life, then that life needs to have done something wrong. It isn’t hypocritical at all...the liberal mind set is completely hypocritical. A convicted felon shouldn’t be killed but an innocent life can be taken on a whim?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard a lot about manifest destiny. Yeah we had it. So did every country on the planet . Every country on the planet lied , stole , cheated to get the parcel of land they have today . Yet we are the ones being asked to repent ? No one asks Russia to repent nor China ( look a Hong Kong ) Japan started a war with us for their manifest destiny Germany etc etc . NA’s. Had manifest destiny as did the Incas , Mayans and Aztecs . If the Souix coveted a piece of land they would take it and they would lie steal cheat and take slaves to get it . I dont see why my country is held to a different standard then others . Al queda and Isis are the epitome of manifest destiny . You don’t think the Zulus had manifest destiny ?

now that the history lesson is done the question is what can be done about the plight of NA’s . A good place to start is the statistical data , the evidence , and try and address that .

The driving factors of poverty are lack of education, unstable households ,getting pregnant before age 21 . Address these and you have a start

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I am saying whites and Asians are the only people to be legally discriminated against with actual laws that promote it.

I am saying everything wrong in an individual’s life is the fault of that individual, or parent if we are talking kids, unless somebody has committed a crime against that individual. Nobody forces another person to drink and do drugs. Nobody forces a person to not be educated. Nobody forces people to get pregnant.

Parents teaching kids to game the system causes generational issues. “Friends“ being a negative influence. Everything comes back to the individual and the choices the individual makes.

The origin of the word shows the word was not created as a slur and therefore the word itself is not offensive. If the word itself is not offensive, then it needs to be used a a slur, derogatory manner, to be offensive. Everything I have stated is evidence of an outside influence. You claim white people have all the power in this country. If white people have all the power in this country, and it certainly isn’t white conservatives teaching kids to be offended, then it stands it must be white liberals according to your train of thought. As for me lying over being offended, I don’t care what a stranger thinks of me because I simply don’t care what they think. I want the respect of my friends and family because they are important to me.

I can’t stand Trump the orator. I like his policies. What exactly are you referring to with regard to what he said though?

So what was done a hundred years ago, and we can agree it was wrong, you think we should get even with a descendant’s ancestors? Or should we do what is actually right?

Actually, my position on abortion has nothing to do with God. It is always the liberal that brings up God. My position on abortion is life begins at the moment of conception because scientifically it is life, and it must be from the human species. So, if we are going to end a human life, then that life needs to have done something wrong. It isn’t hypocritical at all...the liberal mind set is completely hypocritical. A convicted felon shouldn’t be killed but an innocent life can be taken on a whim?

It’s always interesting when hypocrites use “science” in one way, that suits their views, but not in every way.

“Science” says that life begins at conception, and “science” in that context is crucial.

“Science says a lot of shit, however, that is ignored by right wingers.

“Science” says that you should wear a fucking mask to stop the spread of the virus.
“Science” also says that the climate is changing, and that this change is as a result of human behavior.
”Science” says that it if you get a vaccine, you are less likely to get a disease.
“Science” proves the theory of evolution, as opposed to the stupidity of “Intelligent Design.”
“Social Sciences,” who study people and their behaviors say that some people are only pro life when it comes to other women, and certainly not when it comes to after those babies are born.
“Sociologists,” and “Political Scientists,” who are also scientists, know about how a country’s individual systems can be used in conjunction with one another to oppress an entire race or culture of people.

If fuckers on the right admitted to the use of science and facts across all areas of society, we’d all be a happier, kinder, healthier, and more successful country.

That’s not fake news - another construct of science deniers - it’s simple fact. It’s science.

Status
Not open for further replies.