• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nagy bows to pressure announced Fields to start.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At his Presser... or someone named Pace or Phillips or Virginia called down... heh

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice.

No update on Hicks probably means he's out this week though. A shame because Oakland is a sieve (Carr getting killed out there) so any and all pass rush we have is going to teeter the odds in our favor.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. same take I got. Now Nagy has an excuse when he gets fired at the end of the year. He wanted to win with the more experienced Andy Dalton, but ended up forced to play Justin when he was not ready.

This is why I preferred Justin sat until Nagy was gone.

We might as well trade Dalton somewhere, we know we cannot trade Foles.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty clear this move wasnt based on what Nagy actually thinks about Fields.

Justin waa better last week vs Detroit but thats a lowwwww bar and he still wasnt very good

Given the upcoming schedule its likely going to be a rough season for Fields and i feel like its setting him up to fail long term

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty clear this move wasnt based on what Nagy actually thinks about Fields.

Justin waa better last week vs Detroit but thats a lowwwww bar and he still wasnt very good

Given the upcoming schedule its likely going to be a rough season for Fields and i feel like its setting him up to fail long term
Bah!! The kid has a strong mental constitution. Let him get his lumps in now, he'll be much better for it later in the year and in seasons forward.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bah!! The kid has a strong mental constitution. Let him get his lumps in now, he'll be much better for it later in the year and in seasons forward.
Maybe. If hes actually mentally tough . Im not sold on that yet though. I guess we are going to find out though

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. If hes actually mentally tough . Im not sold on that yet though. I guess we are going to find out though
Look, if there's any question to this kid's toughness, then why the hell did we draft him with the #11 pick....and thru a trade down at that? Where we might agree is I'm not sold quite yet on his readiness to compete with the big boys, but there's zero doubt in my mind as to his mental toughness. He just needs lots more practice and real time gameplay.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, if there's any question to this kid's toughness, then why the hell did we draft him with the #11 pick....and thru a trade down at that? Where we might agree is I'm not sold quite yet on his readiness to compete with the big boys, but there's zero doubt in my mind as to his mental toughness. He just needs lots more practice and real time gameplay.
Im always a bit hesitant on guys who transfer in college when they dont win a job

To me it can point to a lacl of mental fortitude. Sometimes thats been proven wrong. Other times its been really right

So time will tell i guess

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im always a bit hesitant on guys who transfer in college when they dont win a job

To me it can point to a lacl of mental fortitude. Sometimes thats been proven wrong. Other times its been really right

So time will tell i guess
Yep, when it comes down to it, only time will really tell. I have a ton of confidence in the kid, but I also don't have a crystal ball. So I have to agree that anything is possible.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think Mitch was not mentally tough. He was a quarterback that made things happen with his feet, threw on the run or ran himself that Nagy forced to be a pocket passer. Seems like every team other than KC wants a quarterback to be the guy that can create time. Nagy wants a guy to get rid of the football under 2 seconds because the rush is coming.

There were still quarterbacks chosen ahead of him, so not all GM's were sold on the mental toughness. He was classroom smart with decisions, but when it comes to getting rid of the football, they were not sold and I think we have seen this.

I know Fields is not Mitch, but the fear is Nagy turning him into Mitch 2.0.

It is also a breath of fresh air that so many of us are in agreement compared to the facebook brigade.

My best scenario was Fields watching until Nagy is replaced.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re watch the Clemson game. He's tough. As tough as they come.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think Mitch was not mentally tough. He was a quarterback that made things happen with his feet, threw on the run or ran himself that Nagy forced to be a pocket passer. Seems like every team other than KC wants a quarterback to be the guy that can create time. Nagy wants a guy to get rid of the football under 2 seconds because the rush is coming.

There were still quarterbacks chosen ahead of him, so not all GM's were sold on the mental toughness. He was classroom smart with decisions, but when it comes to getting rid of the football, they were not sold and I think we have seen this.

I know Fields is not Mitch, but the fear is Nagy turning him into Mitch 2.0.

It is also a breath of fresh air that so many of us are in agreement compared to the facebook brigade.

My best scenario was Fields watching until Nagy is replaced.
Can you please show me the team that runs roll outs constantly?

You are going to throw the overwhelming majority of passes in the NFL from the pocket, period.

With Mitch you had no choice but to throw quick passes due to how inept he was against a pass rush.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really was hoping for Dalton to get 10 or 12 games before we seen fields. Thinking longterm.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you please show me the team that runs roll outs constantly?

You are going to throw the overwhelming majority of passes in the NFL from the pocket, period.

With Mitch you had no choice but to throw quick passes due to how inept he was against a pass rush.
There is a difference between having a quarterback running for his life and making a throw and an offensive line knowing that the quarterback is rolling out to the right and block accordingly. If your left tackle is getting beat like a rug, you drop your right guard to stop that end since the QB is 15 yards out of the pocket and most likely where they will intersect.

Lets see if the bears even fix their silent count snap consistency against the raidas because you know how loud that stadium is going to be. If they do not even adjust that part, it does not matter where Fields is, he will be sacked double digit times, again.