• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mychal Givens

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody remember this former SS prospect for the Orioles? He was a strong armed, strong defensive minded player whose bat never really played above A-ball level.

When the announcement was made that he was going to try to resume his career as a pitcher I really didn't think much of it. The early results in his first two seasons were so-so.

But, this year at AA Bowie he is the team's closer and check out what he's been doing. He is 9/10 in saves, has a 1.27 ERA in 28 innings, has not allowed a HR, walked only 9 and has struck out 41. He's second on the team in K's only to Parker Bridwell who is a starter. It is nice to see the progression in his bb/k ratio because that is one of the main indicators I look for in a pitcher and progression.

He's only 25 years old so he might actually have a future for the Orioles as a reliever.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody remember this former SS prospect for the Orioles? He was a strong armed, strong defensive minded player whose bat never really played above A-ball level.

When the announcement was made that he was going to try to resume his career as a pitcher I really didn't think much of it. The early results in his first two seasons were so-so.

But, this year at AA Bowie he is the team's closer and check out what he's been doing. He is 9/10 in saves, has a 1.27 ERA in 28 innings, has not allowed a HR, walked only 9 and has struck out 41. He's second on the team in K's only to Parker Bridwell who is a starter. It is nice to see the progression in his bb/k ratio because that is one of the main indicators I look for in a pitcher and progression.

He's only 25 years old so he might actually have a future for the Orioles as a reliever.
he is a hard throwing o'day upper 90s

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he throws about 92-94MPH with a sinking 2 seamer with a sidearm to low sidearm delivery. Also supposed to have a decent slider and a so-so change up.

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked up his 10th save with a K and no walks in a 3-2 win for Bowie.

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it depends on which radar gun you use. Hitting 98MPH once is nice, but if he's still averaging 92-94MPH on a nasty splitter, that's more than good enough to be a #1 pitch. If the slider is plus that will only help. If he can get that change up going he could be a complete nightmare. The other issue was the walks before, but they are WAY down this season. I hope he gets a shot in his second coming as a pitcher.