• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My take on RGIII and a couple of others.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read all of the posts on RGII and others and contrary to the opinion of some have yet to give my take on RGIII and a couple of others.

RGIII: Is a shooting star type player, i.e., built with the potential to be great in the short term usually in
5-7 year range. This is mainly because of his reliance on his legs as a running type QB and not
the conventional type. This is no knock on him, simply a comparison to current and historical
figures who compared favorably and contrasted against his style. That said, the biggest
impediment to his reaching maximum potential is not just his health, but, in all candor being
mis-cast in Washington DC. Nobody wants to say it, I just did. This budding NFL superstar finds
himself on a team without an identity. Can anyone right now say that Washington has built and
designed an offense that best takes advantage of his skills? Can anyone truly say what identifies
this team offensively? Poor backwards assed DC!!! We are at the mid-way point in the life-run of
our shooting star and the biggest question being asked is, is he the long term answer? Really???
Long term answer to what? the system he was drafted to fit into? Nope?? How about the system
that was built around him? Nope? Then what? like I said mis-cast!!!

D.Hall: Forget about playing him at safety. This team has had enough of re-casting players who's life's
goals were in positions other than what Washington projects them into. Is his career over? No
not yet, but only if he is ready to play in the slot. I offered this opinion during the off
season and during the pre-season. Sure, he'll have a tough time making the come-back, but
starting again as the outside corner is unrealistic.

J. Gruden: Another DC mis-cast, most of us know that when your lifetime goal is staring you in the
face, it's nearly impossible to say no! So why is he mis-cast? Well I personally believe in the
skills that makes up his resume' his frankness is delightfully refreshing and you can almost
see that fire to win and the seething at the mounting losses. What did he come into here? A
diseased, dysfunctional organization where the rot effects the play on the field. NO I am NOT
advocating the firing of Dan Snyder. A change in culture is what's needed here before
that fire in our HC is extinguished and there is a waste of another very talented, very
capable potential star.

Last edited by a moderator: