• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my plan for the 2018 skins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all BS aside , we have CDC now , so what do we do ? here is how i see it and what we should do

first i am goingwith ,the picks we have are the picks we are going to have . if we get more picks great but for planning purposes i will say we cant change that

my first assumption is with Smith learning a new offense , they may take a few weeks to be what they can be . not because of talent but because of familiarity. it will take time for smith to get comfortable with reed . and sprinkle at TE . he should be ok with davis . at WR dox and crowder will need time with smith to develop chemistry . i dont see the skins playing smith a whole lot in preseason . that will hurt but their history with this coach is he wont play smith a lot

so lets talk offense , how do we help smith ? we need a OG , a WR , a RB right off the top

i am torn here , because my gut says our best bet to get a quality wr is in FA . that , is my first priority in FA .
it can be robinson , watkins , richardson , mathews or whatever , but with dox , i would like a vet to teach him the ropes . i would like to see more PT for our draft pick davis and harris . one of those guys has to replace grant unless we get him back cheap

at RB , most people say draft one , but with the fact we dont have a 3rd rounder i am reluctant to do that . , mainly its because in round 4 i dont think we can get the back we need . i am of the opinion we should sign isaiah crowell , the skins like him and i think he can be our back with perine and CT in the mix . i would put kelley in paul's place at FB . now you sub in a FA RB if you want but i think that our LOS is most important and hence our 1st 2 picks should be there

so on the o/line i have 2 options , hernandez in round 1 (if defense lineman gone ) or round 2 og wynn . i think both are day one plug and play guys i resign long . he can start at both center and OG and he would be at worst very good depth . forget the 8 mil a year he will come in much cheaper

now for the defense , this unit is key because it has to play well to weather the early storm of lack of offense early and truth be told we arent making the playoffs with our crappy run defense and giving up the points we did .

first thing we need to do is get another quality d/lineman , now it could be logan or someone else in FA but he must be young and not some older stiff . i would also bring phil taylor back . he would be cheap and if healthy he is a huge upgrade over ziggy hood

now in the draft my 1st target would be between vea and payne , whichever one is there . a young starting line of ionman allen and said rookie would be a great start with mcgee, lanier , taylor cycling through with little drop off

i would resign TM for sure . he can play on the d/line and at OLB and i believe he and smith make a great pair .

we have a hole at ILB and i am inclined to move anderson over there to fill it . he got some play last season and he learned but moving him to ILB , i think gets him on the field with his intensity . i also think harvey clemons will make a jump and provide quality 3rd down /passing situation play and good depth and speed at ILB

at corner we are taking a hit losing 2 good young CBs in fuller and BB . i think FM will make a jump up and equal fuller in quality of play but he will play outside . i like hosley but he hasnt shown enough for me to count on and dunbar is a good cb too but i lean resigning BB or signing butler or johnson or robinson . i like our guys so BB is my first choice

at safety i am happy with DJ and montea starting , montea should make a huge jump in year 2 and be healthy . he has the best range we have had in pass defense this decade at least . . i would like to add another safety and stroman from UVA would be a nice pick up

to me this is the best way to proceed

i will put out a new mock draft , in the mock draft thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all BS aside , we have CDC now , so what do we do ? here is how i see it and what we should do

first i am goingwith ,the picks we have are the picks we are going to have . if we get more picks great but for planning purposes i will say we cant change that

my first assumption is with Smith learning a new offense , they may take a few weeks to be what they can be . not because of talent but because of familiarity. it will take time for smith to get comfortable with reed . and sprinkle at TE . he should be ok with davis . at WR dox and crowder will need time with smith to develop chemistry . i dont see the skins playing smith a whole lot in preseason . that will hurt but their history with this coach is he wont play smith a lot

so lets talk offense , how do we help smith ? we need a OG , a WR , a RB right off the top

i am torn here , because my gut says our best bet to get a quality wr is in FA . that , is my first priority in FA .
it can be robinson , watkins , richardson , mathews or whatever , but with dox , i would like a vet to teach him the ropes . i would like to see more PT for our draft pick davis and harris . one of those guys has to replace grant unless we get him back cheap

at RB , most people say draft one , but with the fact we dont have a 3rd rounder i am reluctant to do that . , mainly its because in round 4 i dont think we can get the back we need . i am of the opinion we should sign isaiah crowell , the skins like him and i think he can be our back with perine and CT in the mix . i would put kelley in paul's place at FB . now you sub in a FA RB if you want but i think that our LOS is most important and hence our 1st 2 picks should be there

so on the o/line i have 2 options , hernandez in round 1 (if defense lineman gone ) or round 2 og wynn . i think both are day one plug and play guys i resign long . he can start at both center and OG and he would be at worst very good depth . forget the 8 mil a year he will come in much cheaper

now for the defense , this unit is key because it has to play well to weather the early storm of lack of offense early and truth be told we arent making the playoffs with our crappy run defense and giving up the points we did .

first thing we need to do is get another quality d/lineman , now it could be logan or someone else in FA but he must be young and not some older stiff . i would also bring phil taylor back . he would be cheap and if healthy he is a huge upgrade over ziggy hood

now in the draft my 1st target would be between vea and payne , whichever one is there . a young starting line of ionman allen and said rookie would be a great start with mcgee, lanier , taylor cycling through with little drop off

i would resign TM for sure . he can play on the d/line and at OLB and i believe he and smith make a great pair .

we have a hole at ILB and i am inclined to move anderson over there to fill it . he got some play last season and he learned but moving him to ILB , i think gets him on the field with his intensity . i also think harvey clemons will make a jump and provide quality 3rd down /passing situation play and good depth and speed at ILB

at corner we are taking a hit losing 2 good young CBs in fuller and BB . i think FM will make a jump up and equal fuller in quality of play but he will play outside . i like hosley but he hasnt shown enough for me to count on and dunbar is a good cb too but i lean resigning BB or signing butler or johnson or robinson . i like our guys so BB is my first choice

at safety i am happy with DJ and montea starting , montea should make a huge jump in year 2 and be healthy . he has the best range we have had in pass defense this decade at least . . i would like to add another safety and stroman from UVA would be a nice pick up

A couple of things. If we sign Long back. Most likely in the 4-5milion range why would you take Wynn in the 2nd round? The 4-5 million is starter money IMO and Rouliier is set at C so Wynn would be a 2nd round backup and would never see the field unless of injury. I only draft a LG if Long is not brought back.

2nd, I agree a WR will be brought in whether is a big money guy like Robinson or a cheaper guy Like Richardson or Gabiel.I wouldn't rule our Ridley just yet at #13 depending on what happens in FA.

Now for the defense. If we sign a guy like Logan or Poe I don't see why we would have to go Dline at pick #13. IMO we only need one dlineman run stuffer. NO way this team is going to give up on the MAc boys this quickly.

Lb I can see your point on HArvery Clemons. Anderson is a 2nd round pick and I believe he was drafted to take over for Murphy. Murphy will get overpaid in FA b/c his agent will point to his 9 sacks two years ago. He might get 5-6 million in FA and I will say hell no to that number. Not when they are thinking about extending P. SMith and after drafting Anderson in the 2nd round. The extra money should be used to bring Brown back. I think we must have him back to sure up the ILB's. If not then guys like Roquan SMith and Tremain Edwards become must haves in the draft.

Cb's I believe we are fine. Dunbar is an outside CB for this team and will take over for BB. BB will get massively overpaid in FA. He might get to the 10M per year range and I would say hell no to that. He is definitely replaceable with Dunbar who just signed a muti year deal. I agree with you that Moreau will take a step up in the slot Cb taking over for Fuller. So it just leaves a hole at the 4th Cb posion and that could be filled easily with a vet or Hosley.

As far as safety, I hope Nichlson makes a huge jump. If he doenst we are in serious trouble. Dj is fine but we have no true centerfielder. Still need a 3rd safety b/c Evertt who just resigned for peanuts is a backup ST at SS.

So really we have to wait until FA is over to really concentrate on the draft needs. I don't expect a big splash. The only big money FA coming to our team should be the resigning of Brown. I think we will get outbid for the Wr's Robinson and Watkins. Poe or Logna should be average in money terms

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Q: Why would Smith need added time with Reed & Sprinkle but not V. Davis? Doesn't every one who makes the team at the skilled positions need to develop chemistry with Smith?

Q: Agree with you that we need a FA WR but 2 for 1 may be the way to go here. Meaning, maybe we settle for a combination of Mathews and Wilson (cheaper) to add to Dox, Crowder, Davis & Harris, thoughts?

Q: Agree with your thought process but round 2 will land you a starter at RB to add to Perine, Kelly & Thompson. I'm thinking S. Mitchel, Penny or best available RB. Thoughts?

Q: I believe Long can be had as a cheaper FA and knows the system. Has upside & cheaper than most FA and since my round 2 pick is a RB. Thoughts?

Q: Agreed, we need (1) DL in FA to add to our mix. Wilkerson would be worth spending on in order to add to Allen & our #13 pick which I hope is Vea. (Wilkerson, Vea, Allen start) Thoughts?

Q: If we can land Vea, pick up FA Wilkerson & Allen we are set there. Ionman, Lanier, McClain, McGee rotate. Thoughts?

Q: Agreed. Should come fairly cheap since his injury and upcoming 4 game suspension.

Q: You are thinking of moving Anderson inside to start? No way, that transition will take some time. I like Anderson to move inside, learn and possibly start next year but not right away. I get it, its football and not rocket science but the NFL is a whole new level to master. Since I think Brown's asking price may be too high for us, bring in a vet stop gap to teach Anderson ILB play. Thoughts?

Q: BB is my first choice also, but not breaking the bank for him. I also like Butler at inside slot with FM outside but money again will be an issue. Dunbar as insurance helps as well.

Q: I really like Nicholson and believe he is only scratching the surface. We need an upgrade for DJ. While he leads ok (talks a lot) his play doesn't back up his captain status. At times last year he was out of position and simply played poorly at times, so poorly that he seemed over paid. Likely he starts again for us this year but draft another safety since Hall is finished and Cravens likely traded draft day for crumbs. Round 4 possibly. Thoughts?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) davis played with smith in san fran
2) smart and viable , no issue with your idea at all
3) i think LOS is more important and rumor has it the skins like crowell . if you draft RB then you HAVE to resign long at possible starter wage or the alleged 8 MIL which you could do so i wouldnt bash it . i just dont count on year 1 starters in the 4th round or later
4) not bad but can we afford wilkerson ? if so then yes
5)TM has already served the suspension , it happened while he was on IR he was docked the pay for it
6) anderson would take time but i live with the growing pains and resign compton to aid in the transition
7)agreed on price for BB
8) yeah we need a safety , (again)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things. If we sign Long back. Most likely in the 4-5milion range why would you take Wynn in the 2nd round? The 4-5 million is starter money IMO and Rouliier is set at C so Wynn would be a 2nd round backup and would never see the field unless of injury. I only draft a LG if Long is not brought back.

because wynn and or long are insurance . with a sketchy RB situation a good o/line is key . also 34 yr old qbs are susceptible to injury

2nd, I agree a WR will be brought in whether is a big money guy like Robinson or a cheaper guy Like Richardson or Gabiel.I wouldn't rule our Ridley just yet at #13 depending on what happens in FA.

Now for the defense. If we sign a guy like Logan or Poe I don't see why we would have to go Dline at pick #13. IMO we only need one dlineman run stuffer. NO way this team is going to give up on the MAc boys this quickly.

mcclain has been prominently mentioned as a cut . his 1st year here he showed he doesnt fit the schem and is a bust . Mccgee will be next in line if he doesnt show something vs the run and pass

Lb I can see your point on HArvery Clemons. Anderson is a 2nd round pick and I believe he was drafted to take over for Murphy. Murphy will get overpaid in FA b/c his agent will point to his 9 sacks two years ago. He might get 5-6 million in FA and I will say hell no to that number. Not when they are thinking about extending P. SMith and after drafting Anderson in the 2nd round. The extra money should be used to bring Brown back. I think we must have him back to sure up the ILB's. If not then guys like Roquan SMith and Tremain Edwards become must haves in the draft.

year one of anderson showed me that even without TM he couldnt take advantage and earn PT . i think his skill set could be better at ILB . if anderson was drafted to take JR or TM's place he didnt give much hope as to being an answer .

Cb's I believe we are fine. Dunbar is an outside CB for this team and will take over for BB. BB will get massively overpaid in FA. He might get to the 10M per year range and I would say hell no to that. He is definitely replaceable with Dunbar who just signed a muti year deal. I agree with you that Moreau will take a step up in the slot Cb taking over for Fuller. So it just leaves a hole at the 4th Cb posion and that could be filled easily with a vet or Hosley.

coach gruden has said FM will play outside not slot . hosley has played a handful of snaps so counting on him is a mistake unless you bring him in at 5 . dunbar is improving but he is likely a good cb , which is ok but he isnt a borderline PB cb like fuller was . so that leaves BB and a FA . and no cbs cant easily be filled . i have seen the chase minniefields , ej biggers and greg tolers to know better

As far as safety, I hope Nichlson makes a huge jump. If he doenst we are in serious trouble. Dj is fine but we have no true centerfielder. Still need a 3rd safety b/c Evertt who just resigned for peanuts is a backup ST at SS.

So really we have to wait until FA is over to really concentrate on the draft needs. I don't expect a big splash. The only big money FA coming to our team should be the resigning of Brown. I think we will get outbid for the Wr's Robinson and Watkins. Poe or Logna should be average in money terms

brown wont get what he thinks and we wont resign him for his asking price which is too high . my plan settles FA and allows for a draft plan which i will put out shortly

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you pay Long its not insurance its to be a starter. I read Mccalin wont be cut b/c there is not that much savings this year. Anderson had injuries issues which his draft status he is supposed to take over the 3rd OLB spot. Dunbar is an outside Cb b/c of his size. Maybe they move Norman to the slot. Why cant Hosley be a 4th Cb? If we lose Browns that would be a huge loss.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about "trusting the process?"

I think maybe a tank is in order. Lose on purpose for several years, amass high draft choices. It's clear the Redskins are not going to win anything with their current core, which lacks talent at literally all offensive skill positions. So why not try to lose for a few years?

cMBH1WPa2Lstykoe2nFEnHw6Kl5J0eXCyac6dt1_1uw.png

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you pay Long its not insurance its to be a starter. I read Mccalin wont be cut b/c there is not that much savings this year. Anderson had injuries issues which his draft status he is supposed to take over the 3rd OLB spot. Dunbar is an outside Cb b/c of his size. Maybe they move Norman to the slot. Why cant Hosley be a 4th Cb? If we lose Browns that would be a huge loss.
depends on the contract dean for long . anderson wasnt getting play before the injuries and if he was drafted to replace JR he didnt show much .

coach gruden said point blank FM was on the outside . that means dunbar is most likely a BU on either outside position and we will need a slot . norman playing there could be in play

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think maybe a tank is in order. Lose on purpose for several years, amass high draft choices. It's clear the Redskins are not going to win anything with their current core, which lacks talent at literally all offensive skill positions. So why not try to lose for a few years?

I assume this is a complete joke. Tanks might work in the NBA - they don't work in the NFL - just ask the Browns.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on the contract dean for long . anderson wasnt getting play before the injuries and if he was drafted to replace JR he didnt show much .

coach gruden said point blank FM was on the outside . that means dunbar is most likely a BU on either outside position and we will need a slot . norman playing there could be in play

What do you expect his contract to be? Long is worth vet min but will get overpaid in FA. Ifh e gets over 4mil per season its an overpay. If we do give him that money then he is the starter at LG and we should look for a backup not the 2nd round pick. The backup LG can be had in later rounds or vet FA.

So Anderson has time to prove himself. They are not giving up on him. He is he reason why both JG and TM could be gone.

I think Dunbar is a starter if we don't go Cb at #13. He is bigger than FM. usually the bigger Cb play outside.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I was serious. Tanks can work in the NFL, the Colts for Luck.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you expect his contract to be? Long is worth vet min but will get overpaid in FA. Ifh e gets over 4mil per season its an overpay. If we do give him that money then he is the starter at LG and we should look for a backup not the 2nd round pick. The backup LG can be had in later rounds or vet FA.

So Anderson has time to prove himself. They are not giving up on him. He is he reason why both JG and TM could be gone.

I think Dunbar is a starter if we don't go Cb at #13. He is bigger than FM. usually the bigger Cb play outside.

2-3 mil , and again tell that to the HC , he states otherwise

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroman is a Hokie and he can also return punts.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wouldn't work. We would still have the same problem. The Owner and the GM. No, we don't become respectable again until Dan Snyder no longer owns the team. Everything else is just kicking the can down the road.

I really need a new team.........

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't work. We would still have the same problem. The Owner and the GM. No, we don't become respectable again until Dan Snyder no longer owns the team. Everything else is just kicking the can down the road.

I really need a new team.........

come on @j_y19, in five days, we get to see the new and improved master plan. Free Agency starts. Hope springs eternal and by training camp Dan and Bruce will have everyone thinking... this might be the year, these might be the moves... they might finally have the guy

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ho is everyone? :D

Last edited:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is everyone?

Well ok not everyone. But the people that really matter to Dan. That being the folks that buy Club Level and Dream Seats. And the people born between 1986 and 2000 that dont know no better will be convinced.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on @j_y19, in five days, we get to see the new and improved master plan. Free Agency starts. Hope springs eternal and by training camp Dan and Bruce will have everyone thinking... this might be the year, these might be the moves... they might finally have the guy

Nope. I've come to the conclusion that we haven't bottomed out yet. We need a truly terrible season where Danny finally says fuck it, I'm selling. It has to be bad. Like no one in the stands bad. It may take a couple of seasons, but it needs to start now. The hell with the 3 year rebuild plan. We need a 3 year destruction plan. I hope we trade up in the draft taking Mayfield or Jackson as our "future QB". We give the kings ransom for the trade. Then we sign a couple of expensive, over the hill FAs that eat up all of our cap. I'm not sure who, but I'm sure Dean has a couple of them he covets. They will do just fine. Spend all of our money on other's problems and let our own home grown talent walk. DO this for a few years and we might finally be on the path to respectability some day.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 mil , and again tell that to the HC , he states otherwise

2-3 million is a no brainer. that is almost vet minimum. At that price I would want him back and I think he just an average player.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 million is a no brainer. that is almost vet minimum. At that price I would want him back and I think he just an average player.
i am thinking he is an avg player too . but when he was playing our o/line was doing well . now it looks like moses is out till and may not be ready for TC