• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my mock off season

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only player I would push hard for as far as names go is bradford . he is the only real qb out there who is an upgrade over what we have (if healthy) it is a gamble , he does have health issues galore , but he is better then anything we have on the roster and he can run the offense the way gruden wants it

the first 2 items are really the only ones that most people could agree on . players come and go . houston could resign leaving hali or someone else becomes available we may keep rak at 5 mil , who knows ?

Bradford is intriguing. The guy has got a gun and could probably excel in a gruden offense. But has he ever played a full season? Where does he stand on his contract?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is intriguing. The guy has got a gun and could probably excel in a gruden offense. But has he ever played a full season? Where does he stand on his contract?

he is still under contract , however his pay do would be hard to justify the rams keeping him

bradford may not be available at an acceptable risk for us to go after but if he is let go he is worth a shot

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is still under contract , however his pay do would be hard to justify the rams keeping him

bradford may not be available at an acceptable risk for us to go after but if he is let go he is worth a shot

He's got 1 year left on his rookie contract. Next year is valued at around $13M. You're right, STL may dump him. IF so, I'm all for giving him a look on a highly incentive based contract.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In as much as I appreciate your insightful moves Dad, I also have no confidence in this organization to do anything close to what you've suggested. The Ryan move will probably be the big management splash made here. In as much as personnel is concerned, history says that they are more likely to draft in this manner, but not necessarily in this order.

1. DE....to be converted to LB'er

2. Center

3. WR....(BPA) ....bypassing real talent at positions of need

4. RB.....(BPA)......again bypassing real talent at positions of need

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In as much as I appreciate your insightful moves Dad, I also have no confidence in this organization to do anything close to what you've suggested. The Ryan move will probably be the big management splash made here. In as much as personnel is concerned, history says that they are more likely to draft in this manner, but not necessarily in this order.

1. DE....to be converted to LB'er

2. Center

3. WR....(BPA) ....bypassing real talent at positions of need

4. RB.....(BPA)......again bypassing real talent at positions of need

have some faith stymie what other choice do you have but to move on to another team ?

the redskins have had dry spells before for long periods of time no matter who the owner was

the 4 years prior to snyder they were losers

we went from 1945 to 1971 before we had a playoff team

you point to 2 drafts picks who couldnt supplant a couple of o/lineman but dont mention murphy is playing well for us as is breeland and ryan grant has shown well when called upon .

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lauvao's contract is set up to where it would be smart to keep him for one more year and then cut him right after next season.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the creativity put into this mock off-seasons, thanks very much. Honestly there were things I liked and things I didn't...I included the head scratchers, lol.

so let the bullets fly here i took some ideas of what some posters mentioned and tried to come up with a good off season for us , here goes

4 ) resign niles paul, j jenkins
I don't know their contract status but its clear they will always be underachievers here.
Paul, should have been able to take advantage of his WR skill set but failed tremendously.
Jenkins never made an impact in the run or pass rush. I'd get rid of both.

5) trade garcon (9.7) Rg3 (6.7) mil
Garcon gives 100% on each play whether its blocking or receiving, and he's one year removed from leading the league in receptions, no need to trade him. At best we get a 4th, a 5th or a 4/5th for RG3...only to watch him return to his 2012 version afterward? NO THANKS. there's no way RGIII can't become a game manager like Alex Smith.

6) cut bowen , chester , lavou paulson
I think if bowen, chester, lavou and paulson all are healthy next year
and can beat out their respective teammates than they should play.
I agree with the rest of your cuts though.

7) free agents to target
justin houston/Hail OLB
either one of these guys would be HUGE, great signing.

devin mccourty FS 9 mil yeah itsan overpay but he is the best on the market and a year younger then byrd
I don't really feel like he fits our scheme, BUT considering he used to play corner maybe he'd be the stud safety we've
been looking for. Questionable for me there.

what do you think ?

I disagree with the rest of your FA additions and consider Sam Bradford laughable. As far as personnel moves I though they were excellent

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skin'EmAll,

Let's say the Skins bring back RG3 next season and let's say he plays about 1/2 the games & shows no real progress from this season - what would you do then? I say no question - get rid of him. Don't care what he does elsewhere or if they get nothing in return.

Starting in 2016 he is going to cost a fortune. You mention he could be like Alex Smith. No way do you pay RG3 that kind of money with his issues to be a game manager. If they need that they already have Colt McCoy & certainly could easily find another QB of that type. I hope none of this matters & RG3 improves dramatically over the offseason. However - no one player including RG3 is bigger than the team & you can't work around him forever.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the creativity put into this mock off-seasons, thanks very much. Honestly there were things I liked and things I didn't...I included the head scratchers, lol.

I disagree with the rest of your FA additions and consider Sam Bradford laughable. As far as personnel moves I though they were excellent

why not take a shot with him if RG3 isnt our guy ? the risk is injury but as far as playing qb he is better then anything we have on the roster

i dont see any other qb available who is an upgrade over what we have and the draft doesnt appear to have an answer either