• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My current framing of the MJ vs LeBron debate

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on that. Losing is losing. I’m not a participating trophy guy

But comparing Lebrons East to Mikes East when they were young is pretty comical

I don’t think anyone is doing that.

Similary, comparing the teams LeBron lost to in the Finals to the teams MJ beat in the finals is equally comical.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already answered it Cletus. Lol you can’t compare Birds Celtics and the Bad Boys to Lebrons east.

I can try to slow down and spell it for you tho
You actually haven't answered it, sport. Once again, better to lose in Finals or not even make the Finals? Let me help and make it multiple choice in case you are not scared to answer....

A) better to lose in Finals
B) better to not make the Finals

Just go ahead and go with A or B little fella.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this

Jordan had a tougher run in the east..no question

minus the Celtics for Lebron

but Lebron faced way better western foes.
100% agree with this. A reasonable fan in this discussion with no agenda (so not the MJ lovers) might just conclude Lebron made it to the Finals more as he had an easier road to get there. MJ more successful in the Finals as he played lesser teams once there more often.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am aware. But I think it was part injuries (just totally looking at stats I don't know I wasn't even alive) and it was yes...Bird elevating that team.

I'm just saying we are talking about playing with future hall guys as opposed to Delonte and Boobie Gibson.

And shortly thereafter (Boston being Boston) they added Parish and McHale. Lebron gave the Cavs what....8 years to build a team? So that's where I let him off the hook on leaving.
I'd say his not willing to commit never helped but, really, the guy wanted to play with his buddies and only place to do that (without taking a lot less $$) was in Miami. some will say MJ and guys then would never do that but we don't know that as different rules.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even with the "team hopping" that smooth brains like to whine about...he fulfilled every contract and never asked to be traded.
Good point though kind of wish he did ask his second time around. done pretty well in the rebuild regardless, imagine if we could have gotten an asset or 2 for Lebron?

I don't say this to rip the guy for not demanding a trade as he may not have wanted to uproot his family yet (or lived away from them)....or if dealt to LA depleted the team he wanted to go to.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea man. I watched Pistons games religiously for 2 decades and don't remember it mentioned once. I've been bad about it since I moved from toledo and they started sucking.. but still.

That's an all time bad trade man. Considering the Celtics flipped that for McHale and Parish essentially .
But not bad enough to get a rule named after anyone. so we've got that going for us.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
def not the same. But again Lebron was trying that with the above roster I listed.

Jordan wasn't carrying that to a title either.

Lebron with Kyrie and Kevin Love was a totally different animal. And unfortunately the only way it was possible was for Lebron to leave and have them tank for a few years to get the picks to get those guys.
Well said.......though really the Kyrie deal could have been made had Lebron stayed. Maybe even more likely to make it with Lebron as added a better player in Baron Davis and Gilbert would be even more willing to spend the extra cash it would have taken to get a lottery pick while winning.

Agree likely no way to get Love without all those assets.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually haven't answered it, sport. Once again, better to lose in Finals or not even make the Finals? Let me help and make it multiple choice in case you are not scared to answer....

A) better to lose in Finals
B) better to not make the Finals

Just go ahead and go with A or B little fella.

Obviously Cletus it’s better to lose in the finals. Lol

But don’t act like the path to get there was like the 80s Celtics or Pistons.

Dam boy you special

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s really hilarious is every year for years we have this thread a few times and it’s the same thing every year.

Last year: Lebron is close. This year it’s a debate and he’s still close. Next year: man is it close

Lolol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s really hilarious is every year for years we have this thread a few times and it’s the same thing every year.

Last year: Lebron is close. This year it’s a debate and he’s still close. Next year: man is it close

Lolol

What's really hilarious is how you're calling people names that don't agree with you. Way to go!

And you seem to choose to ignore anything LeBron's accomplished in his unmatched career.

Always funny when someone can't give an athlete any credit due to utter hate.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Cletus it’s better to lose in the finals. Lol

But don’t act like the path to get there was like the 80s Celtics or Pistons.

Dam boy you special
who has "acted" like that?.....in fact with no agenda and able to see things rationally I said likely the reason Lebron got there more often (other than more seasons) is his path to get there was easier.

If you struggle to comprehend that don't hesitate to ask for help little fella.

You calling anyone "special" would be like Augustus Gloop telling a kid he has a weight problem.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lolol
I can agree the same thing most years.....many adults get together and talk about it rationally with some like you interjecting with your irrational, emotional comments

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes no one ever won a title in b-ball by themselves. So to me it’s just nonsense trying to pump Lebron getting to finals and losing. His East was not good. It’s just a fact

And the Western Conference opponents the Bulls faced in the finals weren't as good as the ones Lebron faced.

Seems that if Lebron faced the level of competition in the East that MJ did, he doesn't make it to as many finals.

It also seems that if MJ faced the level of competition that Lebron did in the finals, he wouldn't be 6-0.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Western Conference opponents the Bulls faced in the finals weren't as good as the ones Lebron faced.

Seems that if Lebron faced the level of competition in the East that MJ did, he doesn't make it to as many finals.

It also seems that if MJ faced the level of competition that Lebron did in the finals, he wouldn't be 6-0.

zero chance anyone goes 6 and 0 with 5 of 6 going against the Warriors and Spurs.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man

my alzheimers has me thinking it was just 3 title matchups with GS. it was 4

that is 6 finals with historically dominant dynasties.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really hilarious is how you're calling people names that don't agree with you. Way to go!

And you seem to choose to ignore anything LeBron's accomplished in his unmatched career.

Always funny when someone can't give an athlete any credit due to utter hate.

Verrrrrry butthurt

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dynasties are dynasties for a reason. MJ faced who he faced. Lost early to dynasties and then made his own.

At the end of the day Lebron is still close lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would have love to see Rodman check KD especially after his make believe Twitter account.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree the same thing most years.....many adults get together and talk about it rationally with some like you interjecting with your irrational, emotional comments

Well it is easy to laugh and point out special individuals like yourself