• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My current framing of the MJ vs LeBron debate

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. Lebron was more physically gifted but also played in time where you cant touch anyone. Jordan played when guys could still rough you up and get away with it.

That's part of the reason that trying to definitively claim any 1 player is the GOAT is ultimately a fools errand. The game and the way it's played has evolved over time. Kareem, Magic and Bird played in an era that had, imo, the best mix of physical play and finesse.

MJ played in an era that was so physical, it sometimes only loosely resembled basketball. Lebron hasn't had to deal with the physicality of those earlier eras, but the players from those eras, with very few exceptions, were not as skilled as the players today.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are the rest of the games. Hence "Load Management". And imagine LBJ trying to play under the Jordan Rules when he flops around like a soccer player every time the wind blows near him lol. Give me a break
MJ is a waif compared to Lebron and MJ also flopped. Don't kid yourself. But, sure, he also fell a lot as he was just weaker than guys who hit him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. Lebron was more physically gifted but also played in time where you cant touch anyone. Jordan played when guys could still rough you up and get away with it.
Let's not kid ourselves...Lebron gets hit pretty much every time he goes to the hoop.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why he can admit what you apparently can't see for yourself.

It's simple...as good as both Magic and Bird were, the basis of how Lebron plays is the same style as theirs (pass first, setting up teammates, all around type game) only in a bigger, stronger and faster body with elite level defense thrown in. Magic and Bird were never elite defenders.
True but that was comical he said Bird not an egomaniac. Sure he was....often it was funny, though, like when he asked all the 3 point participants who planned to come in 2nd.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird and Magic played in an era when you could hand check on every play. When you could put a forearm in someone's back and root them out. In an era when it you took the ball to the hole, your ass was put on the ground, hard. When you could charge anywhere on the court instead of just in the paint. When there was no such thing as a flagrant 1 or flagrant 2. I'm not saying LBJ is a fucking scrub man, a million miles from it. What I am saying is that despite his size, he is soft as charmin and I do not believe for a second that he would have been as effective or could have played 20 years if he came up when they did. And I'm saying if MJ played in today's church coed rules game, he could have scored 50 a night easy
He couldn't be as effective with smaller, slower, less athletic guys in the league?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ is a waif compared to Lebron and MJ also flopped. Don't kid yourself. But, sure, he also fell a lot as he was just weaker than guys who hit him.

I find it hilarious when people try to claim LeBron would have struggled in a more physical era.

LeBron is a ridiculous physical specimen.

Do people really believe this garbage they write?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hilarious when people try to claim LeBron would have struggled in a more physical era.

Haters tend to believe alotta silly things.

LeBron would be dominant in any era.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this kid might but I'm hoping for his sake he's just messing with us.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, if you hot tub time machined him into that era, he'd probably struggle initially because he didn't come up playing that style...but once he adjusted, he might be even better because most players in that era weren't as skilled.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.....they call travels in a rec league and less flopping than college. Better than college?
NBA is flopping and soft ass players. Get bumped anywhere near their head and they are down rolling like they got skull fucked with a sledge hammer. I think the softness in today’s game is what hits me and the 1 dribble at half court 4 step Dunks. March madness is miles better.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....coaches never try to put together teams with all the best players in college.

Yep. Ya gotta love this forum.
Sorry not all college coaches are buying players like Calipari