• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Big Board

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A

I am not too sure about Barr, some have questioned if he is physical enough to be a NFL LB/DE. This team already have enough converted RB turn Defensive players....

I get that, there would be some risk involved. But the kid is a freak, and I would point out his sack/tfl numbers the last couple of years as reasons to believe this kid is just scratching the surface. The 248 he played at, this kid is a full 6'4'' and muscular, he could easily carry another 20 pounds. But I do get why people would want less risk at 16

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, there would be some risk involved. But the kid is a freak, and I would point out his sack/tfl numbers the last couple of years as reasons to believe this kid is just scratching the surface. The 248 he played at, this kid is a full 6'4'' and muscular, he could easily carry another 20 pounds. But I do get why people would want less risk at 16

Id take him if we played in a 3-4 .....

but no way I'd take the risk in our 4-3

at 6-4 he needs to add alot more than 20lbs. More like 30-40 Which wont happen in one offseason. Which would make him a situational player for us his first year at the least.

We need a day one every down player in the 1st.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see only a few ways Jerry could fuck up.

1) Take a flier on a guy in the 1st 3 rounds. Draft is too deep to take a chance on a flier.... Yes this includes Barr.

2) take a Qb in the first 2 rounds. Manster will have to buy me a new TV

3) Take an O-lineman in the 1st round. 1st rounders are supposed to be day one starters. Our O-line was pretty good last year. Taking one in the first wouldn't make sense. Could we upgrade sure.... but doubt it would be a day one upgrade.... more like halfway through the season upgrade..... and I think you could get that in the 2nd with the depth of the draft.

4) trade up .... If someone drops ... sure a handful of spots maybe .... but not a big move like we did with Mo .... Too much depth in this draft.

i agree with everything but #3. i think they aren't just looking at this coming season but for future rebuilding and i don't see Free, Bernadeau & Leary as being around after this season so signing Lewan or Martin or Su'a-Filo or Yankey or Richardson would be a good start at rebuilding the future ol.
i would also consider Brandon Thomas in the later rounds and put him on the IL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see only a few ways Jerry could fuck up.

1) Take a flier on a guy in the 1st 3 rounds. Draft is too deep to take a chance on a flier.... Yes this includes Barr.

2) take a Qb in the first 2 rounds. Manster will have to buy me a new TV

3) Take an O-lineman in the 1st round. 1st rounders are supposed to be day one starters. Our O-line was pretty good last year. Taking one in the first wouldn't make sense. Could we upgrade sure.... but doubt it would be a day one upgrade.... more like halfway through the season upgrade..... and I think you could get that in the 2nd with the depth of the draft.

4) trade up .... If someone drops ... sure a handful of spots maybe .... but not a big move like we did with Mo .... Too much depth in this draft.

IMO if one of the top 3 OL is there he has to be given serious consideration.. Not saying we must take OL but you cannot ignore those 3.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO if one of the top 3 OL is there he has to be given serious consideration.. Not saying we must take OL but you cannot ignore those 3.

With Romo's back situation, that would make some sense

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's his Board, so he gets to rank them right? Put yours up. Mine only goes to about 12 or 15 now, but i am going to try to get to around 20 and list it later. I agree with most of it, but a few positions here and there really doesn't mean much. The one that I would rank the MOST different would Evans. But at least now I see why Nets wanted us to take him if available!!![/quot

I don't make boards. When you put up a board people have a right to comment weather you agree with it or not. I am not foolish enough to post one.

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be for building for the future and taking an O-lineman...... but I don't see it happening.

Jerry gave Ryan Mo.... He going to give RM the 1st pic IMO

My bet is they are hoping for a DE to replace Ware.

I don't think they would pass on Donald if he is there.
It would break my heart if they pass on Clinton-Dix if he is there.
but I could also see them going Weak Side Linebacker. and moving Carter overto the strong side for one year while they decide if they want to resign him after this year.

and rather than us take an O-lineman to be the pick out of left field....... I would throw in Cb as a possible out of nowhere move by Jerry

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this just a 1st round big board or multiple rounds?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my board, not a Cowboys big board. I'm of the nature BPA so I rank on talent and go from there. I believe that if you draft always for need, you will always have a need. For instance if a big board suggest that player A who is a WR is ranked 3 overall and you don't need a WR and you need a QB, and you have the 15th pick with the next best QB being the 39th best player on the big board and you select the QB over the WR then you are probably in my view wrong.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this just a 1st round big board or multiple rounds?

I only put up 25 I believe, that's my top 25 total bro. Not a multiple round thing, however if you want to go and do top 50 or so please do. Like I said for me this is just a general big board based off of where I'd have the players ranked IMO.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah I'll just do a 1st round one LOL TOO much work .... and prolly wont list 25 guys

3 guys I would move up for
Clowney DE
Watkins Wr
Mack Olber
No one else.

So obviously I think those are the 3 best in the draft LOL

after them

Ealy DE
Clinton-Dix Safety
Donald DT
Verrett Cb
Hagaman DT
Jernigan DT
Martin OT

all those guys gone by the time we draft ..... I trade down

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah I'll just do a 1st round one LOL TOO much work .... and prolly wont list 25 guys

3 guys I would move up for
Clowney DE
Watkins Wr
Mack Olber
No one else.

So obviously I think those are the 3 best in the draft LOL

after them

Ealy DE
Clinton-Dix Safety
Donald DT
Verrett Cb
Hagaman DT
Jernigan DT
Martin OT

all those guys gone by the time we draft ..... I trade down

I shoulda listed 16 instead of 10 ....

No Qb I would take in the 1st
A couple of OTs ... but I don't see them falling to us ... So I didn't list them
Didn't list TE ofc

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans,Jernigan,Dix and pryor are way too high, I am not even sure if Dix,Pryor and Jernigan are 1st round picks. I also don't like taking Alabama linebackers in the 1st round as many of them bust. Mosely has had knee issues. I WOULD TAKE Shazier over him any day

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans,Jernigan,Dix and pryor are way too high, I am not even sure if Dix,Pryor and Jernigan are 1st round picks. I also don't like taking Alabama linebackers in the 1st round as many of them bust. Mosely has had knee issues. I WOULD TAKE Shazier over him any day

Dix and Pryor nit 1st round picks? You're an idiot. But then again we already knew that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok good to know. Btw this is a big board not a draft. I did this big board to set up for the mock draft I will try and put out sometime today. And are you really saying there won't be a safety taken in the first round, or are you saying there is a safety better than Dix and Pryor in this draft? Either way chill out bro please and thank you.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jernigan is "way too high" at #23? That's an interesting view point. I see him as a steal at #23.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict that you are going to be unhappy with our pick. I don't know who it will be, but I think there is a much better chance it is one of the guys you don't like than someone like Shazier that you do. Unless something unexpected happens, I think us trading down would be a poor decision with all the players I expect to be available at #16, but if we end up with one of your guys I kind of hope it is after a trade down.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

32 GM's are going to disagree with you.....