• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Ms v. Astros

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Felix was never going to happen and has zero to do with fixing the rotation before the season started. If you improve your #2 and #3 SP, you can live with Felix at 5 or using him as a flex starter giving some of the other backend starters and Paxton starts off because they all would need them. They have to pay Felix again next year so they just have to deal with it...or lose...again.

agreed on that...and they waited to long to come to that coclusion.....................when they knew comming out of spring that he was not the old felix............which makes them where they are now

which is losing a pennant race

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How appropriate....the last strike in this game comes from Seager swinging and missing. Not only appropriate, but very familiar. Sheeesh- We need a new manager who has some balls, and a GM that knows how important starting pitching is to a team that was, at one point, chasing after a WC spot. Not anymore Jerry- building a pen that is only so so and not going for a starter (or two) is just, simply stated, STUPID.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wont be going after bull pen guys next year the rotation ..is the last thing to be fixed
could take one guy .........could take two

guys in the bull pen prob in 2019
diaz
colome
vincent
pazos
tuivalala
altavilla
bradford
festa
garton
gillis
rumbelow
elias
hernandez
phelps
mcKay
art warren
wyatt mills

Last edited:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Felix was never going to happen and has zero to do with fixing the rotation before the season started. If you improve your #2 and #3 SP, you can live with Felix at 5 or using him as a flex starter giving some of the other backend starters and Paxton starts off because they all would need them. They have to pay Felix again next year so they just have to deal with it...or lose...again.

And that's the issue that we called back in December. Thinking Felix would be anything more then a #4 or #5 was a foolish. They wanted him to be a #2 or #3 just so they wouldn't have to spend. I mean that's obvious yeah but oh well

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Seagars benching lasted a whole 6 innings. Way to send a message. His two ABS he provided late in the game were way more important then actually trying to show some accountability

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT A DISAPPOINTING GAME
I can use the day off after watching the horseshit show the M's have put on for the fans this homestand. Tired of Dipoto's bromance with SHITervis and not going out and setting the team up with a decent rotation. Oakland lost today, but it doesn't really make any difference because Servais is OUR manager. In post game he said, and I quote: "We didn't play great baseball here at home" and "I don't think Marco threw the ball that badly obviously it had been like 8 days since he'd been out there"- No shit Scotty, it wasn't Gonzales idea for that long of a break. "It's the game, it's just the way it goes" It was you and Jerry's dumb ass idea trying to coddle the kid a bit. DUMB DUMB DUMB. Bottom line, Dipoto is the GM and he is accountable for this mess. When asked "what's the decision you have to make and when you go away from Marco in a game like this" Scott's reply-"going into a game and you get behind like that you have to try to let your starter work through it a little bit". I'd say waiting it for 5 runs to figure out that he wasn't working through it?? 5 runs with the Stros is a killer Scott and you should damn well know that. Quit being a "counselor" and start being a damn manager if you and Jerry ever want to have a winning team.
There is always next season.....right?

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
le Seager Third Baseman 2018: $18.5 million, 2019: $19 million, 2020: $19 million, 2021: $18 million, 2022: $15-20 million club option

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

no team wants a contract albatross..........for a player who is not producing

a trade may not be possible

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that Dodgers team that just took us behind the woodshed and scored in double figures 2 of the 3 games? They just got swept at home by the Cards who fired their manager mid-season and were ready to start a fire season. They are now the hottest team in the NL. Hmmmm.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that Dodgers team that just took us behind the woodshed and scored in double figures 2 of the 3 games? They just got swept at home by the Cards who fired their manager mid-season and were ready to start a fire season. They are now the hottest team in the NL. Hmmmm.

The Mariners way .... If it's broken, don't fix it ...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we were able to enjoy good baseball in Seattle through the All star break... Since then, we've lost 10 of 12 series... Disheartening and disappointing...

Wizardhawk was right! :(

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's the issue that we called back in December. Thinking Felix would be anything more then a #4 or #5 was a foolish. They wanted him to be a #2 or #3 just so they wouldn't have to spend. I mean that's obvious yeah but oh well

And Jerry got a contract extension. Pretty the board was all in agreement they needed starting pitching help in Spring and leading up to the trade deadline, hell he he couldn't even pull off Fiers or at least blocked Oakland from getting him.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we were able to enjoy good baseball in Seattle through the All star break... Since then, we've lost 10 of 12 series... Disheartening and disappointing...

Wizardhawk was right! :(
I'm so sick of baseball being nothing more than a place holder until football starts every year. I really am.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I would like to see a NL team in Portland eventually, Seattle has nothing to compete with for the baseball market and aren't trying to win a championship unless they fall ass into one.

Make them have fight for viewers and maybe they will put a better product on the field.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, it's not even a decent place holder anymore. What I am sick of is the organization gives us the same old shit, year in and year out. 3 years into the Dipoto/Servais regime and what do we have? A rookie (touchy-feely) manager, a dreamer for a GM and the "no post season" frustrations. In some ways, I think our starting pitching is worse now than back in the 2016 season. It makes no sense why Dip didn't address the SP issue. He took a gamble thinking he'd put the starters out for a few innings and then let the pen finish it up. Problem is, he blew it trying to build a solid pen. The only one that can be depended on to be half way consistent is Diaz-the closer. There is always "next year". I wonder how many fans have passed away waiting for the "next year" to come. :L

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I would like to see a NL team in Portland eventually, Seattle has nothing to compete with for the baseball market and aren't trying to win a championship unless they fall ass into one.

Make them have fight for viewers and maybe they will put a better product on the field.

This is why I wish Seattle would actually try to get the Sonics back. No offense to hockey, soccer or the Storm but they aren't fighting for the same dollars that the Mariners are.

A team in Portland is a great idea, except it could massively back fire on what we want as the main sports channel down there that everyone gets that would poa is Root Sports. They theoretically could lose fans and merchandise but make up for it massively with advertisers.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point .... I was reading once that the TV contracts are unique in Seattle because they have Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Portland, all tuning so they make lots of money even if no one attends the games... So it’s like having a shitty product is ok because they’re still gonna do ok financially.... They were saying if the Mariners were on the East coast especially they would never get away with this BS and still make money ...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, 3 of those guys could have been Mariners easily with the packages they got.

But but we don’t have prospects. But but we don’t have the money. But but Erasmo is coming back and Kuma is throwing bullpens. How dare we question Dipoto the Genius