• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Ms v. Astros

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else ever notice how Seager does weird things with his mouth when he comes to the plate?
I just notice the lack of things he does with his bat

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same team that took 2 of 3 from us winning those two 23-2.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the Rainiers play like the M's. 9th inning trying to win it and...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the Rainiers play like the M's. 9th inning trying to win it and...

And much like the M's...they lose in the next inning. They had bases loaded, no outs with fat boy in a tie game.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
detwiler pithed well ,a ground ball guy it seems.... with 6 double plays..seems like he could fit with the mariners well...if
he could continue that performance...cosistantantly,and a bit better...and the mariners...need leftys at that lvl(tacoma)
but he would have to stay up is the prob..his return means he wants to ..he has the ability(wash pick#6)..they were not wrong.....but is he ready...we shall see....he is the kind of guy that you would love ,..to give a chance to

with no cruz,offence did not show

after this next game with houston........the mariners will go play arizona 3 games then SD two games then oakland 4 games again till sept 2
while houston will play angels 3,..oakland 4..angels 4 till sept 2...houston has an easy schedule in sept

houston after oak.sept2..twins3 games..red sox3 ......tigers3...Dbacks3, mariners3 for the last reg season for this year
could be a big seires but dont act like the mariners can afford to lose at that point...cuz the astos wont...after the mariners ..here comes the easyest part

angels3,,.. blue jays3..orioles4..10 games against..beatable compatition..does not look good

if they are going to make a push....better be a cleveland style push of last year..about 20 games(unlikely)
so it does not seem at this point that the mariners can ..de throne ..them...of coarse it is basball ..anything can happen

but the mariners do play texas a lot in sept and baltimore as well..but also play asros and yeankees

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they play the A's for the last time sept 24-26...we will see if it even matters(it could but not a good chance) ...by then...yeah they need a 20 game run and unless they get it .......we will still be talking about them making the playoffs after 21..going on 22,23 years...LOL

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they play the A's for the last time sept 24-26...we will see if it even matters(it could but not a good chance) ...by then...yeah they need a 20 game run and unless they get it .......we will still be talking about them making the playoffs after 21..going on 22,23 years...LOL

Doubt it matters. At this rate at 4.5 games back I'd bet there's a better shot they finish 10 games behind then make the playoffs

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a waste Seager has been for this team. His defense has even had it's bumps as of late. Sure, he makes fantastic plays, and once in a while he might contribute at the plate, but over all the results add up to a waste of salary money. Sure could use a better/less expensive bat @ 3rd IMO

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a waste Seager has been for this team. His defense has even had it's bumps as of late. Sure, he makes fantastic plays, and once in a while he might contribute at the plate, but over all the results add up to a waste of salary money. Sure could use a better/less expensive bat @ 3rd IMO

I think the thing that drives me the most crazy about it is that the team clearly coddles him. Why the fuck is he still batting 5th? I'm honestly not gonna ask that question again because I am tired of asking it. Is his mental status that fragile that he's the only one in the entire lineup that cant be moved around. Well guess what he is sinking and there is still a blind eye being turned to it.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing that drives me the most crazy about it is that the team clearly coddles him. Why the fuck is he still batting 5th? I'm honestly not gonna ask that question again because I am tired of asking it. Is his mental status that fragile that he's the only one in the entire lineup that cant be moved around. Well guess what he is sinking and there is still a blind eye being turned to it.

I'm completely onboard with you on this issue. Maybe there is something written into his contract regarding batting status/order? I doubt it, but something or someone is keeping this cluster f going. I am so tired of watching Seager come to the plate and K'ing out, hitting into a DP or just screwing up a rally we've got going. So what if he "once in awhile" gets a bomb or double? You can't depend on this guy at all. I still say to myself when I see Seager coming to the plate: "Oh shit, it's Seager" I hold Servais responsible for the batting order and he doesn't have the balls to be the manager this team so desperately needs and apparently Dipoto doesn't do a thing about it probably because of their friendship. It's a friggin mess in my opinion.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's need all the luck they can scrape up today. Morton is on a terror and our offense has been putrid. Even if Gonzo has a great outing, our offense must perform or we'll see another L in the column for Gonzales. Hoping for a good game- (Seager's out which might be good news) but have my doubts about this game. :noidea:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we can't get swept by the Stros @ home. It's looking like we don't really have any decent starters on this team. Servais finally gets off his ass and pulls Gonzo top of the 4th after 6 straight hits with 0 outs and the score 7-0. Have seen enough of Servais and this show.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail...The DIPoto book of GM'ing. The arms we are throwing out there in a 'pennant race' is embarrassing and is all because of DIP's failure to prepare his pitching rotation in the off season. This whole crap about pitching by bullpen vs getting a better rotation has proved itself out as a failure.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail...The DIPoto book of GM'ing. The arms we are throwing out there in a 'pennant race' is embarrassing and is all because of DIP's failure to prepare his pitching rotation in the off season. This whole crap about pitching by bullpen vs getting a better rotation has proved itself out as a failure.

And the funny thing is the bullpen still isn't that great. All the moves and money spent there and its just ok. Probably below average if you take away the guy at the back of pen having a historical season.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the funny thing is the bullpen still isn't that great. All the moves and money spent there and its just ok. Probably below average if you take away the guy at the back of pen having a historical season.

Agreed and I was thinking the same thing while writing it. Give me 5 solid starters (with a legit #1 and #2) and 3 studs at the end of the game with 4 steady matchup guys for getting one out but doing it well.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm completely onboard with you on this issue. Maybe there is something written into his contract regarding batting status/order? I doubt it, but something or someone is keeping this cluster f going. I am so tired of watching Seager come to the plate and K'ing out, hitting into a DP or just screwing up a rally we've got going. So what if he "once in awhile" gets a bomb or double? You can't depend on this guy at all. I still say to myself when I see Seager coming to the plate: "Oh shit, it's Seager" I hold Servais responsible for the batting order and he doesn't have the balls to be the manager this team so desperately needs and apparently Dipoto doesn't do a thing about it probably because of their friendship. It's a friggin mess in my opinion.

My excitement level for Seager coming to the plate is reaching Mike Zunino levels.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

being unable to trade felix has been the prob...cuz he fixed the outfield..and infield...but he just cant trade filex

and replacing him in the lineup is not easy...but not impossible...they have enough trade material...but may have to trade

cuz look at it like this

paxton
______
gonzales
leake
leblanc
ramirez....6 man rotation

hernandez..7man pen
elias
warren/bradford
duke/pazos
vincent
colome
diaz

-------------------------------------
bradford
pazos....LHP
detwiler...LHP...DFAed..after pitching well...
festa
lawrence
rumbelow
mcKay
art warren

they could easly replace ......if...they would get a deal for the.....right guy........at this point

or they will have to wait to make a deal with eovaldi

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being unable to trade felix has been the prob...cuz he fixed the outfield..and infield...but he just cant trade filex

and replacing him in the lineup is not easy...but not impossible...they have enough trade material...but may have to trade

cuz look at it like this

paxton
______
gonzales
leake
leblanc
ramirez....6 man rotation

hernandez..7man pen
elias
warren/bradford
duke/pazos
vincent
colome
diaz

-------------------------------------
bradford
pazos....LHP
detwiler...LHP...DFAed..after pitching well...
festa
lawrence
rumbelow
mcKay
art warren

they could easly replace ......if...they would get a deal for the.....right guy........at this point

or they will have to wait to make a deal with eovaldi

Trading Felix was never going to happen and has zero to do with fixing the rotation before the season started. If you improve your #2 and #3 SP, you can live with Felix at 5 or using him as a flex starter giving some of the other backend starters and Paxton starts off because they all would need them. They have to pay Felix again next year so they just have to deal with it...or lose...again.