• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Rangers, June 3-5

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking pathetic series, lets hope this isnt a sign of things to come... they dont need to pull a hillary/obama and tank the rest of the season.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking pathetic series, lets hope this isnt a sign of things to come... they dont need to pull a hillary/obama and tank the rest of the season.
That Texas series wasn't a sign of things to come.

That Minnesota series we had last week was the sign. And sorry to say this, but until the team's sale is finalized, we're just not ready. The trip to the top of the AL West was fun while we had it, but reality kicked in again, and it's only fitting that heads should roll after the first-inning pants-crapping by most of our pitchers, as well as the error-fests. Really, if you can't figure out the fundamentals, what the hell are you doing in the majors?!

If only someone in the team management could follow suit like the Padres' exec, the one who sounded off on his own team after their 1-7 road trip...MAYBE that might deliver a message. All I know is that HEADS SHOULD ROLL.

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how hot was it during game time for each game in the texas series this week?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that we have a bad ball club, but Texas is really good imo... We've got a good roster but it's not sustainable enough imo to keep us in 1st place when it's all said and done... Texas is better than us and the Astros are a good club as well... IMO, we'll have to contend for a WC spot if we're going to make it to the postseason... And that means holding off the Astros, imo...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that we have a bad ball club, but Texas is really good imo... We've got a good roster but it's not sustainable enough imo to keep us in 1st place when it's all said and done... Texas is better than us and the Astros are a good club as well... IMO, we'll have to contend for a WC spot if we're going to make it to the postseason... And that means holding off the Astros, imo...
No offense, but what the hell?

M's got punked by the twinkies and barely survived the damned Padres and now get entirely dominated by Texas. Well a couple of those losses anyway. They completely screwed themselves out of this game. Can't field a bunt and two errors to give up 3 runs on yet another night that they can't score outside of the HR.

This team deserved to get swept. They haven't played well the last two weeks and aren't showing even a tiny sign they can pull their collective heads out of their asses and start playing pro ball again soon.

Yes, they will eventually get back to playing decent ball again, but they seriously blew it this weekend against their primary division rival this season.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

M's got punked by the twinkies and barely survived the damned Padres and now get entirely dominated by Texas. Well a couple of those losses anyway. They completely screwed themselves out of this game. Can't field a bunt and two errors to give up 3 runs on yet another night that they can't score outside of the HR.

This team deserved to get swept. They haven't played well the last two weeks and aren't showing even a tiny sign they can pull their collective heads out of their asses and start playing pro ball again soon.

Yes, they will eventually get back to playing decent ball again, but they seriously blew it this weekend against their primary division rival this season.
The type of gameplay that would get you booted off of sandlots!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if, and it is a BIG IF right now, we make the playoffs somehow, who is going to pitch us through it? You need 2 stud starters to have a chance in a series and we have 1 questionable stud and nothing else that resembles another stud. It isn't just about making the playoffs. That feat was accomplished in the mid '90's.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where did I say that they didn't deserve to lose this series? The errors were made by backups so i'm not going to put too much into that like you are...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if, and it is a BIG IF right now, we make the playoffs somehow, who is going to pitch us through it? You need 2 stud starters to have a chance in a series and we have 1 questionable stud and nothing else that resembles another stud. It isn't just about making the playoffs. That feat was accomplished in the mid '90's.

Offensively HR derby won't get you far into the postseason either... We need to get Hits, hits, hits if we did make the postseason...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long way to go.

We all knew it would get tougher when they had to start playing good teams. The last one we played in forever was Baltimore. And we're a bit decimated at the moment without Felix, Marte, and Martin.

Drayer said Marte could be back today, so we'll see.

Starting pitching is concerning me more and more. Kuma hasn't had a curveball this year, period. Even without it, he managed to do pretty well yesterday, but uncertainty with him sucks. Looks like the league has adjusted to Walker, so we'll see if Walker can adjust to their adjustments soon enough. Big question mark. I'm hoping Felix's control issues were related to that calf, and that they'll go away when the calf is back to normal. Karns has been steady, so I won't freak after 1 bad start in almost 2 months. Miley's lost 1 game since April, but he's not contributing much unless he can get deeper in games more consistently.

It'll be interesting to see if Dipoto tries to acquire another starter in the next couple of months. There's only so much he could get even if he traded the best pieces of the farm he inherited from Jack.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say that they didn't deserve to lose this series? The errors were made by backups so i'm not going to put too much into that like you are...
I was speaking to the start of your post where you said we don't have a bad ball club, texas was just better. Right now we DO have a bad ball club. As I've said repeatedly that doesn't mean they will stay bad, but bad is bad. They have looked horrible in every game they have played for at least the last full 10 games and two of the clubs barely have pulses themselves.

Of course Marte should give us a bump and hopefully we get more back and find a way back to at least where they were in April. Still you have to be concerned with the lack of depth. They have ZERO answer for any other SP that goes down. And they clearly can't find just middle of the road guys if any position players goes out. That's a problem over a full season. And one we are sure to visit again at some point.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Johns ‏@GregJohnsMLB 2m2 minutes ago

Highest Avg Exit Velocity (min 75 balls in play):

Giancarlo Stanton 95.28
Mark Trumbo 95.22
Nelson Cruz 95.07
Christian Yellich 95.01

-----------

Hey, 2 Mariners on the list....oh ya...only 1 Mariner.

Now in Stanton's case, does Avg Exit Velocity refer to the balls he hits or Exit Velocity from their lineups?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Booth Retweeted
xw1hgyXC_bigger.jpe Jason Kipnis ‏@TheJK_Kid 24m24 minutes ago

Walking into Safeco.. Rounded a corner and ran into a big dude.. He laughed and called me for a charge.. Embarrassed I kept my head down. I laughed and kept walking... Teammates behind me were like "you know who that was, right?" ........ Ken Griffey Jr.... My childhood idol. That's my only interaction with him ever 1f610.png

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Martin being out had nothing to do with Romero being out in LF when you still had Aoki, Smith, and Guti available to play out there. That was managers decision and clearly not a good one. I was a big Romero fan a couple years back, but he needs to move on elsewhere.
Nothing? Just not true. Martin's injury is the main reason Romero was called up. Maybe Servais gets some blame for not using his good crystal ball beforehand to know that Romero was gonna play like a little leaguer yesterday, but it's just not accurate to say Martin's injury had "nothing" to do with who was on the field.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing? Just not true. Martin's injury is the main reason Romero was called up. Maybe Servais gets some blame for not using his good crystal ball beforehand to know that Romero was gonna play like a little leaguer yesterday, but it's just not accurate to say Martin's injury had "nothing" to do with who was on the field.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I didn't realize he needed something the rest of us don't when it comes to Romero. If that is the case, we might as well have kept Lloyd to manage.

And it is still accurate to say Martin not playing didn't lead to Romero playing. O'Malley covered for Martin so whoever else played in LF was solely on the manager...unless you are saying Martin filled out the lineup card? :nono:

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be... I guess he is improving...

View attachment 125027
Lol I really don't look too much into a batting avg. for a guy with about 200 career AB's. He is definitely a guy that would need to play full time to get any real judgement on his ability at the MLB level. Watching him in the minors shows me he can hit however he won't get that opportunity with the Mariners anytime soon. He will need a better fit with a different org.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I didn't realize he needed something the rest of us don't when it comes to Romero. If that is the case, we might as well have kept Lloyd to manage.

And it is still accurate to say Martin not playing didn't lead to Romero playing. O'Malley covered for Martin so whoever else played in LF was solely on the manager...unless you are saying Martin filled out the lineup card? :nono:
Wasn't Guti DHing that game? If Servais didn't have confidence in Romero playing D then he should have put Guti out there or Smith or O'Malley.

I still think Sardinas is the one that ruined the game, without his error nothing else happens. But its still pretty narrow minded to blame any one person for a loss.