• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most important transfers in 2016 season

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Keith Ford who transferred from Oklahoma to A&M?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we know aTm is a dumpster fire for QBs, I wonder if Kenny Hill will be better than he looked at aTm.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey commited to the 2017 class. Brandon Peters is the big time QB recruit for the 2016 class for Michigan. From what I've read -- Peters is going to redshirt to put on weight and learn the offense. O'Korn is everyones favorite to be the starting QB in 2016. After that, the high school QB'S recruited by Harbaugh will have a shot to unseat him.

Okay. Thanks. Didn't realize that McCaffrey is in the '17 class. Should have figured that out, since he didn't sign until several days after NSD.

How O'Korn performs is very interesting to me. I figure that Harbaugh is likely to coach him up. I think he has a lot of potential. Definitely has the arm and the accuracy when he has time to set himself.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we know aTm is a dumpster fire for QBs, I wonder if Kenny Hill will be better than he looked at aTm.

Why? A&M has Trevor Knight , Jake Hubenak (looked good in the second half against louisville who had a good defense), got a 4 star qb in Nick Starkel from Liberty Christian HS coming in, Connor McQueen. Then A&M has Tate Martel and a 3 star QB from Hawaii for 2017. looks like Mazzone has plenty of options to work with for the future

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really get that comment. Hill was mostly pretty good at A&M, wasn't he? I expect he'll be pretty good at TCU as well.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Thanks. Didn't realize that McCaffrey is in the '17 class. Should have figured that out, since he didn't sign until several days after NSD.

How O'Korn performs is very interesting to me. I figure that Harbaugh is likely to coach him up. I think he has a lot of potential. Definitely has the arm and the accuracy when he has time to set himself.
Yeah. I only know what I read about him at Houston. Seems he played well as a freshman and struggled his sophomore year with a new OC. He had a year to work with Harbaugh as he was on campus all year. He was actually the scout team QB and they said he did really well. Will be interesting to see how he does with a 3rd offensI've coordinator in 3 years.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get that comment. Hill was mostly pretty good at A&M, wasn't he? I expect he'll be pretty good at TCU as well.
He was talked about as a heisman contender after his big performance against South Carolina and his first 5 games but he struggled with Miss. St., Ole Miss, Got blown out by Bama. His off the field problems lost him his job.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Keith Ford who transferred from Oklahoma to A&M?
Surprised not to see him. He was really the starter of our group, just fumbles and injuries really plagued him. He has NFL talent. Good receiver out of the backfield too.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? A&M has Trevor Knight , Jake Hubenak (looked good in the second half against louisville who had a good defense), got a 4 star qb in Nick Starkel from Liberty Christian HS coming in, Connor McQueen. Then A&M has Tate Martel and a 3 star QB from Hawaii for 2017. looks like Mazzone has plenty of options to work with for the future
You better hope you get Alabama Trevor Knight, and not the rest of the other games Trevor Knight. Rooting for the kid though because he's a first class person.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised not to see him. He was really the starter of our group, just fumbles and injuries really plagued him. He has NFL talent. Good receiver out of the backfield too.
I forgot he had a fumbling issue.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was talked about as a heisman contender after his big performance against South Carolina and his first 5 games but he struggled with Miss. St., Ole Miss, Got blown out by Bama. His off the field problems lost him his job.

All three top-ten teams in '14, including Alabama as champs. Not sure it was only Hill who struggled in those games. I think the rest of his teammates probably struggled as well.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three top-ten teams in '14, including Alabama as champs. Not sure it was only Hill who struggled in those games. I think the rest of his teammates probably struggled as well.
The whole offense struggled in '14 cause it didn't have an identity.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this piece, in which the writer lists the "10 most important transfers" for the upcoming season kind of interesting: Adelson: Top 10 impact players from the 2015-16 transfer mayhem

First guy on the list is MI QB John O'Korn. He was very impressive as a pocket passer his freshman season at Houston, particularly early in the year, before UH faced some tougher defenses. He struggled as a sophomore, before losing his starting job. Not sure that he was a good fit for the Houston offense and I know that he did not get particularly good coaching, so ever since MI hired Harbaugh, I've wondered how he would do there. Finally, worth noting that the piece was written before MI signed the McCaffery kid the other day, so I don't know whether O'Korn will even play.

Also found interesting Houston RB Duke Catalon, a highly rated recruit for UT, is fourth on the list. Since UH just dismissed from the program the guy I thought who was most likely to get the bulk of the work in a UH backfield that lost to graduation its two best RBs, Catalon now has a big chance to be the back he never was at UT.

Here is the full list:

1. QB John O'Korn, Houston to Michigan
2. QB Trevor Knight, Oklahoma to Texas A&M
3. QB Dakota Prukop, Montana State to Oregon
4. RB Duke Catalon,Texas to Houston
5. DL Gerald Willis, Florida to Miami
6. WR Geno Lewis, Penn State to Oklahoma
7. QB Luke Del Rio, Oregon State to Florida
8. QB Kenny Hill, Texas A&M to TCU
9. QB Riley Ferguson, Tennessee/junior college/Memphis
10. DB Priest Willis, UCLA to Texas A&M

McCaffery won't even be on campus until summer 2017, January 2017 at the earliest. Brandon Peters has more of an impact on O'Korn than he does. If McCaffery redshirts, O'Korn can play out his entire eligibility without overlapping with McCaffery's. This seems likely given anyone who starts this year will be eligible for at least two seasons. I don't think either player means anything about O'Korn -- I think Harbaugh just wants to sign an elite QB every year. And he just confirmed today that hour 4 star, top 100, #8 QB we signed last year (Zach Gentry) will be switching to TE permanently. I think that means good things for O'Korn and his development. Either that or Shane Morris finally is coming around (which seems unlikely). If the rumors are true, O'Korn was killing it on the scout team last year and probably would have started over Rudock if he was eligible. I've been pretty excited about him since he transferred.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its unlikely most of these kids do anything at their next stop. Transfers are generally kids that failed for one reason or another. We get excited based on their high school evaluations, but forget the last 1-2 years of data in college.
O'Korn will very likely be our starter next year unless something surprising happens with either a new recruit or Shane Morris.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even know if he's gonna be the starter it could be Hubenak for all we know.

Based on last year and how Sumlin reacts to a good defense, it's a safe bet he'll be in the game at some point.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Korn will very likely be our starter next year unless something surprising happens with either a new recruit or Shane Morris.

He was benched at Houston. Not sure what evidence there is that he can succeed at Michigan