• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Bitter Article...

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the NHL is Losing a Fan

To recap if you dont want to read it.
The Rangers are about Hitting, skating fast, scoring, blocking shots, great goal tending...
The Canadiens (though not actually mentioned) are about Hooking, tripping, slew-footing, boarding, interference and other types of obstruction...

Until the NHL does something about this, and makes it easier for the Rangers to win in the Playoffs he will not watch the NHL....

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article and while I think the author's tone is a little over the top, I don't think he's wrong that games are officiated differently in the playoffs than they are in the regular season. The biggest issue I have personally is consistency of calls throughout a game and how at times the refs seem to put their whistles away and then all of a sudden make a call after letting a bunch of infractions go.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article and while I think the author's tone is a little over the top, I don't think he's wrong that games are officiated differently in the playoffs than they are in the regular season. The biggest issue I have personally is consistency of calls throughout a game and how at times the refs seem to put their whistles away and then all of a sudden make a call after letting a bunch of infractions go.

It is crap of NHL reffing. It is in this style that now allowing mutilation of fingers as substitute for NHL. Why must it be garbage of 3rd period without penalty? Why not in early of 1st period? It becomes the reason why even though maybe above Gretzky, Karlsson will likely retire before 2000 points in NHL with also playoffs!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is crap of NHL reffing. It is in this style that now allowing mutilation of fingers as substitute for NHL. Why must it be garbage of 3rd period without penalty? Why not in early of 1st period? It becomes the reason why even though maybe above Gretzky, Karlsson will likely retire before 2000 points in NHL with also playoffs!!

Not enough crap in the above post, but I still liked it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i was gonna say I thought the article was written by Therrien ... after HEAVY editing ... thanks for providing the draft version Kenny :thumb:

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the NHL is Losing a Fan

To recap if you dont want to read it.
The Rangers are about Hitting, skating fast, scoring, blocking shots, great goal tending...
The Canadiens (though not actually mentioned) are about Hooking, tripping, slew-footing, boarding, interference and other types of obstruction...

Until the NHL does something about this, and makes it easier for the Rangers to win in the Playoffs he will not watch the NHL....

The Rangers are losing because Hank and maybe a few others are the only ones that have realized the playoffs started.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issue I have personally is consistency of calls throughout a game and how at times the refs seem to put their whistles away and then all of a sudden make a call after letting a bunch of infractions go.

This. And not just consistency within the game itself, but also ref and league officiating between games, series, playoffs and beyond.

Speaking from a Red Wings fan's perspective, I'm still irked that Shea Weber got essentially no punishment for ruthlessly smashing Zetterberg's head into the corner turnbuckle hard enough to crack his f'n helmet several years ago yet Kronwall had to sit for game 7 a couple years ago for doing exactly what he's known for doing and had no prior punishment for it.

Additionally, the lighter punishment for star players is BS. Just in the last couple months Crosby got off with no punishment - not even a hearing - for slashing Methot's finger off. Marchand only got two regular season games for another sickening blatant nutsack assault (repeat offender on that infraction alone). A bunch of lesser-name guys got 2+ games this year for actual hockey plays gone wrong.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Rangers game last night, they got completely outplayed last night, Montreal is playing all over them. Bad reffing isn't costing them the series it's the team's play.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loved that guy

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I can agree with from that article is the Devils style of play in the 90s sucked to watch.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is legal in NHL playoff Overtime.

And this:

17990908_10155261862366908_1096028884204118231_n.jpg

and this:
480503758.gif

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RADULOV PUT THE tiny REF IN HIS BACK POCKET AFTER THIS GOAL WAS SCORED!!!!

C9lQstwXoAAETSW.jpg:large