• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More damning info about Kelly.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Kaepernick, the 7th Draft Pick & Lots of Cap Room: How Quickly Can Chip Kelly win in San Francisco?

Serious Questions at QB
A bad OL
Terrible D
A GM that couldn't get along with Harbaugh

Sounds like Chip took the "Philadelphia West" job.

Yeah. I have been reading up a little on it.

- The QB question is interesting, but they actually have Kap under contract at below market rates on a year to year basis. Kap is also the sort of athletic QB that Kelly likes, and his success was running a play package under Harbaugh very similar to what Kelly likes to do. Reportedly, Kelly tried to trade for Kap last year.
- The 49ers have $23M more in cap space than the Eagles and that is with the QB under contract, while the Eagles do not.
- The 49ers have Harry Gamble as their personnel exec...the guy that Roseman fired last year that really instigated all the bad blood between Roseman and Kelly.
- Kelly essentially retained the same annual pay as he had with the Eagles and got two more years tacked on.
- The 49ers are loaded in draft picks with after the comps are announced are expected to be at 12 picks.

So Kelly got the QB he wanted, the personnel man he wanted, more cap space, more draft picks, and an additional 2 years, $12M in pay. He has got to be a happy man.

We now know how the league is viewing the Eagles.
- The 49ers brushed off the controversy and voted with their pocket book to the tune of $24M on Kelly.
- We know that the top coaching candidates all passed on the Eagles and they end up signing a guy that no one else has every even interviewed for a head coaching position.

Next on the agenda.
- Assistant coaching hires. The more assistants that follow Kelly to SF, the more we will know how he was perceived in the locker room.
- Free Agency. Will Kelly be able to attract Free Agents? What will Bradford opt to do? I see Bradford as a great fit in Houston.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time former Eagles Fan here now officially switching allegiances to the 49ers now that they have hired Chip. You guys are going to love this guy. Everything about him is innovative and the Eagles just fired him because he pissed off the owner. Something about prioritizing football over a Christmas party. Dumbest thing ever.

Chip is all football all the time. Don't believe the naysayers. Most of those guys were fired or demoted by Chip. It will be alot of fun. Chip does everything fast. Its an uptempo offense, but its also a run first offense. With Cap and your RBs, it will work very well.

Call me a troll, but I thought true Eagle Fans might be interested in DPD's thoughts on the 9ers board.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he admitted he switched teams.

A grown ass man switching teams. Ain't that a bitch?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he admitted he switched teams.

A grown ass man switching teams. Ain't that a bitch?

Yeah. I evaluated the situation and made a deliberate decision. Unlike many lemmings that just keep on rooting for a logo they have followed for years.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I evaluated the situation and made a deliberate decision. Unlike many lemmings that just keep on rooting for a logo they have followed for years.

It is the Logo I grew up loving and the team that represents where I came from. Sorry, but loyalty is a character flaw of mine.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to alot of radio while I drive today. Alot of rationalization going on. Its good for Lurie's bottom line that so many of you are willing to find any way possible to believe something that is very unlikely to be true.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys really need to resist the temptation to reply to DPD, he clearly gets off on trying to rise a reaction out of you. I don't think even he believes most of what he's saying.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northern Eastickingp ost: 7880832 said:
I think you guys really need to resist the temptation to reply to DPD, he clearly gets off on trying to rise a reaction out of you. I don't think even he believes most of what he's saying.
Otherwise known as sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the obvious truth.

this is a message board is it not. Where people who see things differently discuss?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Eagle hater, but I respect fans who don't turn their backs the moment the team posses them off. You sir, are a turncoat. I'm surprised you haven't changed your logo, and placed your Summers Eve bottle on the 9ers board yet.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Eagle hater, but I respect fans who don't turn their backs the moment the team posses them off. You sir, are a turncoat. I'm surprised you haven't changed your logo, and placed your Summers Eve bottle on the 9ers board yet.
Lol. It only took me 27 years...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. It only took me 27 years...
Come on dude, you stick to your team through good and bad. What if the Eagles are good in 16? Will you come crawling back, with your tail between your legs? It's not like the team left Philly.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually liked deerpath as I don't mind going back and forth with people on message boards ... but I don't get how you can just switch teams after such a long time. If it works for him that's all that matters I guess ... but I bleed Eagles Green regardless, that's a badge you just can't erase.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on dude, you stick to your team through good and bad. What if the Eagles are good in 16? Will you come crawling back, with your tail between your legs? It's not like the team left Philly.

He's doing it on purpose to get you going! It's what he does - just ignore him!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's doing it on purpose to get you going! It's what he does - just ignore him!
Nor getting me going, I don't care if he leaves or not, I'm am and will always be a cowboys fan no natter how long Jerry lives. I just believe you stick with your team unless your team leaves you.
Good luck with this guy. If he does walk and come back when things are well I hope you all remember this.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If San Fran knew that Deerpath came with Kelly, they might have balked!