• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More damning info about Kelly.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to the ones in that article, Jeff Fisher was also reported to make $7M. I stand by my count. BTW, Chip Kelly also earned $6.5M as well to equal the Gruden number.
ok you win.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to the ones in that article, Jeff Fisher was also reported to make $7M. I stand by my count. BTW, Chip Kelly also earned $6.5M as well to equal the Gruden number.

Ok so the money is close. When Gruden is done with his cake job he'll be coaching again.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that it will be telling if Kelly has job offers or not. There are three possible outcomes here.

(1) Kelly is Jon Gruden. A good football coach but a horrible person and will be essentially blackballed from the league. or
(2) Kelly is Bill Belicheck. A good coach, that given a second chance could prove to be a great coach with the right support and players. or
(3) Kelly is Steve Spurrier. Simply better in College than the pros.

We can all speculate, but really won't know until we see what happens next.

Now that Kelly has a job and somewhere between 2-5 coaching candidates turned down the Eagles, I think we have our answer to what is going on in Eagles organization. Lurie screwed up big time. Shouldn't have fired Kelly, or even Reid for that matter. BTW, if your looking for me, I will be on the 49ers board. Seems to be a pretty active place.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Kelly has a job and somewhere between 2-5 coaching candidates turned down the Eagles, I think we have our answer to what is going on in Eagles organization. Lurie screwed up big time. Shouldn't have fired Kelly, or even Reid for that matter. BTW, if your looking for me, I will be on the 49ers board. Seems to be a pretty active place.

No one will be looking for you.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance.

Dear 49er Board,

DPD is coming. The collective IQ of your board is about to plummet.

Have fun with that.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, does Chip still get the money from the Eagles since he's taking the 49ers gig?

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter, Lurie can swing it.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, does Chip still get the money from the Eagles since he's taking the 49ers gig?

Most of these contracts have some sort of offset language where money you make on the new job is money the Eagles don't have to pay. Assuming that is the case, the 49ers would typically structure the contract so that is pays relatively low salaries in year one and two, with some big jumps up in the out years.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly contract value: New 49ers coach gets sizable deal

Good news for Lurie, it looks like he won't be on the hook for much of Kelly's contract.

Good news for Kelly as well. $6M per year is upper tier money. This is not the sort of contract handed out to a guy that was reported by some to be begging for a job. This is the sort of contract handed out to someone who has options.

More proof that Lurie messed up on this one. Kelly's rep in the league is clearly not as was portrayed by some.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly has no personnel control with the 49ers. And working for a GM who is cut from the same cloth as Roseman. He may have gotten paid, but he does NOT have the same job he had here.

Chip Kelly and 49ers Are Worst Match Imaginable

I guess now we will find out if Kelly really does care about personnel control. Perhaps he really just cares about have competent personnel people? Remember this whole thing started last year when Roseman fired Gamble. Now with Gamble in SF, perhaps Kelly is comfortable that the guys making the decision know what they are doing?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have to pay him. plus the Niners are paying him 6.2 million per year as well!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:stfu:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess now we will find out if Kelly really does care about personnel control. Perhaps he really just cares about have competent personnel people? Remember this whole thing started last year when Roseman fired Gamble. Now with Gamble in SF, perhaps Kelly is comfortable that the guys making the decision know what they are doing?

You might want to read up on Harbaugh's problems with the front office in SF if you're going to be a niners fan now.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly contract value: New 49ers coach gets sizable deal

Good news for Lurie, it looks like he won't be on the hook for much of Kelly's contract.

Good news for Kelly as well. $6M per year is upper tier money. This is not the sort of contract handed out to a guy that was reported by some to be begging for a job. This is the sort of contract handed out to someone who has options.

More proof that Lurie messed up on this one. Kelly's rep in the league is clearly not as was portrayed by some.
You're still here spouting this crap? When do you report to the 9ers board?

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly I don't care how Kelly treated the secretaries and other office staff and that he didn't go to the Christmas party
I never go to my work's Christmas party - I do my job and once I leave work that's that. I don't like mixing work and personal life. The whole Christmas party thing makes Lurie look like an elitist snob IMO

What I do care about though are results
I was disappointed in the Eagles play and coaching this year.
For all of the innovative talk Kelly had hanging over him I thought he was quite boring in his play calling

I probably still would have given him another year especially if the Eagles are going to hire Pederson
I wasn't a fan of Pederson when he was a player and I',m not impressed with him as a coach but I hope I'm wrong about my gut
Otherwise we'll be all on here in a couple of years discussing who the next Eagles coach will be again