• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montero is making a case for himself down in AAA

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been petty and I don't know whether it's Jack or Lloyd that have acted like children when it comes to Montero. Their love for Hart and hatred for Montero is the exact opposite philosophy from the godfather "It's personal, not business"

Montero fudged up big but Jack's personal feelings make no sense. He despises Montero even though he hasn't been raped by that trade as of right now but he does talks positive about Justin Smoak in nearly every single interview whether he is asked about him or not and he got raped in that deal.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been petty and I don't know whether it's Jack or Lloyd that have acted like children when it comes to Montero. Their love for Hart and hatred for Montero is the exact opposite philosophy from the godfather "It's personal, not business"

Montero fudged up big but Jack's personal feelings make no sense. He despises Montero even though he hasn't been raped by that trade as of right now but he does talks positive about Justin Smoak in nearly every single interview whether he is asked about him or not and he got raped in that deal.

I think it is Jack. He is the pettiest of them all and my hatred grows more and more every day for him. I am close to putting him tied for worst GM with Bavasi. Yes, Bavasi. His pissing others off around the league (remember how mad the Yanks were when he pulled the Lee deal to them...oh but it wasn't a deal says he), his inability to fill glaring holes year after year, and his attitude towards everything. It is never his fault B.S.

:gaah:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales is 1-15 in his 4 games with the Mariners so far. I'm thinking we should just start calling our DH woes the "Edgar Martinez Curse"

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Z on why he hasn't brought Montero up:

“Jesus is doing things at Triple-A we are real happy with,” Zduriencik said. “He has gone down and worked hard. He has swung the bat well and we think he is legitimate. That said, when you have a chance to bring in a 31-year-old switch-hitting veteran (Morales) that has been productive, well, that was more attractive than Jesus.

“Jesus [originally a catcher] is still learning to play first base, he is rather young (24) and so you ask, ‘Jesus Montero or Kendrys Morales?’ And we felt that Kendrys was the best option. We needed a major league bat, not someone still trying to figure things out.”

Former Yankees stud may be cure for Mariners | New York Post

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Morales keeps up his amazing production, something tells me we'll be pushing for Montero again in a few weeks.

Coming here, he was .234/.259/.325/.584 with a 62 OPS+, which is unacceptable for a DH on any decent MLB team.

and it looks like that might be his high water mark.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Edgar can't make the Hall because he was mainly JUST a DH. Ironic isn't it?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Morales keeps up his amazing production, something tells me we'll be pushing for Montero again in a few weeks.

Coming here, he was .234/.259/.325/.584 with a 62 OPS+, which is unacceptable for a DH on any decent MLB team.

and it looks like that might be his high water mark.

I'm honestly quite surprised by the poor production of Kendrys Morales. Throughout his career, he has been extremely consistent. Here is a guy who managed to hit 23 HRs and maintain a .277 BA with the Mariners. He has had a slow start, but I have faith he will turn it around.