• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montana on DP Show

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This morning on the Dan Patrick radio show Montana said that Notre Dame is closer to a BCS birth, than the 49ers are to a playoff birth. Did I miss something and Notre Dame got a lot better or are we just that bad?? I know the team hasn't had much success in the last decade... but in our division all we need is decent QB play and we should be able to win it.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Notre Dame got a lot better. Last year they finished the season with nationals 31st best defense. And they won the last 5 games outright last season including beating USC in USC. They really didn't lose anybody either. Also, 2nd year in that offense plus Brian Kelly usually goes off in his 2nd year at schools. These are the preseason rankings
AP 16th
USAT 18th

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... I havent been paying much attention to them the last few years. College football is better when they are good though.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They looked like a totally different team once Reese (sp?) came in at QB. I was surprised Crist is getting the nod as the starter this year. Dont see that lasting.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, once Rees came in they did go undefeated but the defense was just really clicking at that point. Right now I'd say Christ being really good or really bad is a coin flip. But either way they have Rees there waiting.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I add this to your Montana thread?

Montana preaches patience for 49ers transition to WCO (NBC)

Montana, speaking in San Francisco at charity event, also said there should be no rush to push rookie quarterback Colin Kaepernick into the staring role.

“Why do you want to start him? What he did in college doesn’t always transfer,” Montana told the Mercury News. “He may be able to make it, I don’t know. But you’re not going to start him over somebody who’s played.”