• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MNF: Skins @ Boys

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By very quick calculation (which could be wrong), but I'm sure the point is still clear. We ran 22 2nd downs and passed on 19 of them!!! How friggin stupid is that when our team was running the ball well last night and is having so much success all year because of run and the fact that it has kept us in shorter 3rd down situations all year and helped our defense and keeping Romo upright. Close game and we go into panic mode and forget what got us here...Romo wasn't good at all last night and neither were a lot of our guys on defense, but I put this loss on the coaches for the play calling or the QBs if they were audibling out of the plays that were called. Also, where were the adjustments for the blitz? It wasn't like we didn't all know they were going to show that look basically every time they did...

Romo had a terrible night picking up the blitz, never saw the pressure coming, kept trying to go to the damn spin move, that works from the blindsude, but not against pressure up the middle. When Murray busted off 7 yards on the first play of their OT possession, I was sure we were going to pound the ball down the field. Instead, 3 straight passes and a loss. When Murray is averaging nearly 8 yards a carry, it's hard to justify

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo had a terrible night picking up the blitz, never saw the pressure coming, kept trying to go to the damn spin move, that works from the blindsude, but not against pressure up the middle. When Murray busted off 7 yards on the first play of their OT possession, I was sure we were going to pound the ball down the field. Instead, 3 straight passes and a loss. When Murray is averaging nearly 8 yards a carry, it's hard to justify

Murray should have had 30 carries. This type of game management is why the Cowboys have not made the playoffs since 2009

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By very quick calculation (which could be wrong), but I'm sure the point is still clear. We ran 22 2nd downs and passed on 19 of them!!! How friggin stupid is that when our team was running the ball well last night and is having so much success all year because of run and the fact that it has kept us in shorter 3rd down situations all year and helped our defense and keeping Romo upright. Close game and we go into panic mode and forget what got us here...Romo wasn't good at all last night and neither were a lot of our guys on defense, but I put this loss on the coaches for the play calling or the QBs if they were audibling out of the plays that were called. Also, where were the adjustments for the blitz? It wasn't like we didn't all know they were going to show that look basically every time they did...

Okay, but what about the results of those passes on second downs? I know I looked at the ones in the second half, and surprisingly, they we're doing alright on them.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of their approach, but I it wasn't as crazy as we think it was. Honestly, if Murray doesn't fumble or Dez catches that shoulda been touchdown, there's a good chance Dallas wins and all the 2nd guessing takes a backseat to Kool-Aide drinking.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bad loss. It shows we can still be beat by anybody. I know it's a rivalry game and records can be thrown out the window. Truth is the Skins and Haslett give us trouble. A fourth round rookie Cb pretty much dominated Dez I thought. The play calling is a head scratcher with the lack of running on 2nd and short. I thought a huge play that seems to go overlooked is the punt by the Skins at the 2 minute mark. I know we left a lot on the field but we were outplayed last night and out schemed. The blitz was crazy to watch because Romo seemed to have no answer. Our defense held them to 17 points in regulation but didn't look good. Jordan Reed is gonna be a pain in the ass for yrs. Carr, McClain , Moore, and Church seemed to be really off their games. Just another one of those games that we fans will likely sit back in week 14 and start the if game.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bad loss. It shows we can still be beat by anybody. I know it's a rivalry game and records can be thrown out the window. Truth is the Skins and Haslett give us trouble. A fourth round rookie Cb pretty much dominated Dez I thought. The play calling is a head scratcher with the lack of running on 2nd and short. I thought a huge play that seems to go overlooked is the punt by the Skins at the 2 minute mark. I know we left a lot on the field but we were outplayed last night and out schemed. The blitz was crazy to watch because Romo seemed to have no answer. Our defense held them to 17 points in regulation but didn't look good. Jordan Reed is gonna be a pain in the ass for yrs. Carr, McClain , Moore, and Church seemed to be really off their games. Just another one of those games that we fans will likely sit back in week 14 and start the if game.

I agree. Brandon Carr is a big disappointment. Any time there is a big pass play, it is on him. He is just a guy. We need more than that for $50 million.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's hope not RTO...

One thing for sure. This week's game just got a little tougher and a little more important. And - we're gonna learn a little more about this team as a result.

Gonna miss Durant. A lot. But if we get back to what got us here (pound the rock) then I think we'll be OK.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, i agree. I even wrote Romo was holding the ball too long and deleted it because didn't want to get into a typical Romo bickering thread. Very seldom is he hit before a 3 count unless its a blitz and then you need to be ready to unload the ball immediately if need be. Point is regardless of your thoughts on why Romo was being hit, he wouldn't have as much if we stayed dedicated to the run.

i still think that this is on the OC. he could see what the skins were doing and he didn't adjust the game plan. all out blitzes and you run 5 wide after 5 wide leaving Romo wide open spells failure. all he had to do was keep an extra blocker in the scheme

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope not RTO...

One thing for sure. This week's game just got a little tougher and a little more important. And - we're gonna learn a little more about this team as a result.

Gonna miss Durant. A lot. But if we get back to what got us here (pound the rock) then I think we'll be OK.

and expect Arizona to come with the same style of blitz packages and we'll see if we adjust or allow Romo to get murdered

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just poor game planning by Dallas. The running game got this team to 6-1 but they got pass happy against the Skins and paid the price.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just poor game planning by Dallas. The running game got this team to 6-1 but they got pass happy against the Skins and paid the price.

they ran for 166 yards which was a little better than their season average (160.5) while our passing was below season average (224 verses 240)

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I passed out a halftime and have not had the chance to re-watch the game but from what i was seeing in the first half when they came after us on 3rd down we were in the spread, and never came after us when we had a possible run called. They caught something on tape that tipped them off that we were not going to be able to stop them.

Now one thing that bugged me in the 1st half was the lack of snaps Escobar had. I did a little searching and found that was was only on the field for 6 of 65 snaps. That is a problem he had a huge game last week and we couldn't get him into this game? Hanna was in for 21 snaps. Is there something I am missing was he hurting?

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they ran for 166 yards which was a little better than their season average (160.5) while our passing was below season average (224 verses 240)

Our yards were up thanks to a 51 yard run but we only ran the ball 25 times total which is less than what Murry has been averaging. We had a 40-25 pass to run ratio which if i remember correctly is our most pass lopsided game of the year. minus opening week

I didn't read all the posts above just responded to the yards comparison.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and expect Arizona to come with the same style of blitz packages and we'll see if we adjust or allow Romo to get murdered

Yep. Todd Bowles is looking at that tape real closely right now thinking to himself "our defense is better than the Redskins defense". You would have to believe Linehan and Callahan are too.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Although I don't disagree with the notion that we should run more, but the reason Romo was hit was mainly his own fault. On every single one of those sacks the blitz was obvious to anybody that was watching the game, but Romo held onto the ball in the pocket as if he wasn't going to get touched. Romo played a very poor game tonight and had too many poor reads, especially against the blitz.
Yes and no.. Romo missed some obvious blitz packages but Murray was awful in pass protection on the blitz. He totally missed two free rushers last night. One time he was rewarded by Romo flicking him the ball. As great as Murray ran last night and caught passes, he had a critical fumble and was mediocre in pass protection.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our yards were up thanks to a 51 yard run but we only ran the ball 25 times total which is less than what Murry has been averaging. We had a 40-25 pass to run ratio which if i remember correctly is our most pass lopsided game of the year. minus opening week

I didn't read all the posts above just responded to the yards comparison.

we ran 59 offensive plays which was below our average of 63.5. we ran 25 times which was 7 below our average while we passed 34 times which was 3 over our season average. i don't see that rating a pass happy call

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
we ran 59 offensive plays which was below our average of 63.5. we ran 25 times which was 7 below our average while we passed 34 times which was 3 over our season average. i don't see that rating a pass happy call
We totally reverted to our dumbA@@ play calling of the last several years. NO WAY you pass on 2nd and 2 from your 28 in overtime and no way you pass on 2nd and goal from the two. The Boyz did this to themselves....the coaches did not do the right thing, the players missed plays (Dez missed a TD and had a critical drop, Romo did not see blitzes, Murray fumbled and missed blitzes, Church had an awful game with missed tackles and McClain missed tackles as well and even Witten had a drop or two), and the owner should have vetoed Romo playing along with the doctors. Total team loss from top to bottom. And so on we go. Need to be 7-3 at the bye.

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Went by what i found on espn which said we had 65 snaps, and 64 offensive plays. Haven't watched and counted myself yet

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We totally reverted to our dumbA@@ play calling of the last several years. NO WAY you pass on 2nd and 2 from your 28 in overtime and no way you pass on 2nd and goal from the two. The Boyz did this to themselves....

This is what I alluded to in my last post. They went to the pass in obvious running situations.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went by what i found on espn which said we had 65 snaps, and 64 offensive plays. Haven't watched and counted myself yet

Technically we had 39 pass plays. We allowed 5 sacks. That makes it 34 passes.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think that this is on the OC. he could see what the skins were doing and he didn't adjust the game plan. all out blitzes and you run 5 wide after 5 wide leaving Romo wide open spells failure. all he had to do was keep an extra blocker in the scheme

The OC can't call a play that will work if the backs miss blocking assignments or the wrong protection is called by Romo or Fredrick. All out blitzes are called every game. We just didn't execute. Laying the ball on the ground when we are going in for TD's didn't help either