• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB 1940-Present Salary Cap Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping you stumped is good!!!

Actually your kinda the only one that lacks consistency. And you get upset real easily lol.

Im not sure how I do that, I have always said good hitting beats good pitching in these I still say that, I drafted differently in this one because I have never won a baseball draft. I put together IMO what amounts to a perfect lineup Good speed and OBP at the top some power in the middle and a very good defense with arguably the best rotation.

I don't get upset easily, I don't get offended I just argue my opinion, sometimes I say over the top things but thats just for shock value, youve known me a freaking decade hockey I have had the same opinions the entire time youve known me so this lacks consistency thing makes no sense.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are two teams going in the opposite direction buddy...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people who aren't in many may feel like they aren't getting picked because of preference of participants... I actually complained of it once, but the fact is it's pretty consistent... I may disagree with UK or Nos Hockey or 500 or Ritz or Gold or even milk (don't want to be mean and leave anybody out) on players but when you all start rolling you make great points... I think the fact that everybody wants to rush through so we can do the next one hurts the new and/or less active guys because without even a chance to argue their stance we're on to the next round, then draft... There were many times I felt I had a great team, had all my arguments ready but by the time I could post my match was all but over... Not sure how to fix that, but I'd say my only 2 complaints for lack of a better word is not being able to argue my points before my match was over and not being able to post before hand my philosophy Offensively/defensively... You guys don't stop it however most times I'm not able to do so in time... Not sure how that could be changed because in the end we don't want things to lang for a week either... I guess all that shit I posted was suppose to say, the newer/less active guys probably don't feel like they're being heard before the get the beat and not sure how to fix it... :noidea:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anything special about the Vikes. They will go 7-9 or 8-8 and fight with the Bears to see who takes last place.

Try watching them with your eyes open... :suds:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people who aren't in many may feel like they aren't getting picked because of preference of participants... I actually complained of it once, but the fact is it's pretty consistent... I may disagree with UK or Nos Hockey or 500 or Ritz or Gold or even milk (don't want to be mean and leave anybody out) on players but when you all start rolling you make great points... I think the fact that everybody wants to rush through so we can do the next one hurts the new and/or less active guys because without even a chance to argue their stance we're on to the next round, then draft... There were many times I felt I had a great team, had all my arguments ready but by the time I could post my match was all but over... Not sure how to fix that, but I'd say my only 2 complaints for lack of a better word is not being able to argue my points before my match was over and not being able to post before hand my philosophy Offensively/defensively... You guys don't stop it however most times I'm not able to do so in time... Not sure how that could be changed because in the end we don't want things to lang for a week either... I guess all that shit I posted was suppose to say, the newer/less active guys probably don't feel like they're being heard before the get the beat and not sure how to fix it... :noidea:

Thank you WLK for stating your concerns. Why not have a time limit where each matchup has to be 1 day long. The voting doesn't start until after the 2 people in the matchup stated/posted 3 times there thoughts on their team. Then Nos opens up the voting to everyone. The guys voting get to see what the 2 participant's posted on their team and it plays a factor into their vote. Its sort of like lawyers giving their closing arguments hoping to sway the jurors opinions.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure how I do that, I have always said good hitting beats good pitching in these I still say that, I drafted differently in this one because I have never won a baseball draft. I put together IMO what amounts to a perfect lineup Good speed and OBP at the top some power in the middle and a very good defense with arguably the best rotation.

I don't get upset easily, I don't get offended I just argue my opinion, sometimes I say over the top things but thats just for shock value, youve known me a freaking decade hockey I have had the same opinions the entire time youve known me so this lacks consistency thing makes no sense.

Well again I don't want to carry it onto the chat thread.

But basically my point was that I know you've always valued hitting. My 2-5 was about as dominat as it can be.

But you ignored OBP and power of mine and just talked Thome(ks) and Evans(average).

I have multiple guys with 2-3 of your criteria and for some reason you argued new criteria against me. That's why I don't get.

I'll just leave it there. I don't care what the arguments are as long as they are always the same.

It's over though!!!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe instead of voting right away when the playoffs are posted we wait to see what each team has to say?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe instead of voting right away when the playoffs are posted we wait to see what each team has to say?

Wow what a great idea. Why didn't I think of that ^^^^^

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well again I don't want to carry it onto the chat thread.

But basically my point was that I know you've always valued hitting. My 2-5 was about as dominat as it can be.

But you ignored OBP and power of mine and just talked Thome(ks) and Evans(average).

I have multiple guys with 2-3 of your criteria and for some reason you argued new criteria against me. That's why I don't get.

I'll just leave it there. I don't care what the arguments are as long as they are always the same.

It's over though!!!

It's not over until I say its over mister! lolzzz

Dude, i'm trying to win, everyone has a great team it's almost impossible to pick these teams apart. Everyone has got so good at drafting most of the time any of 5 or 6 teams can win and it would make sense. Im not trying to come up with new criteria I just cant find anything else to try and knock your team down while trying to prop mine up!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with the time thing. It's hard to sit and wait all the time and spend a lot of time on these things so I understand the why we move a long.

But it's tough when coming on and I see people already voting on a match up where I haven't even clarified my intentions.

I probably don't pitch King Felix 5th for example. And Altuve sure as shit ain't batting lead off.

So basically, I agree with you and also see why things move so quickly.

Disclaimer. I am in no way saying I'd run things better, this place would be in shambles with me at the helm.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a great idea. Why didn't I think of that ^^^^^

But not a full day, we give each team an hour or so to post strengths of their team or reasons they'd win without writing a book (WLK) lolzzz

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the time thing. It's hard to sit and wait all the time and spend a lot of time on these things so I understand the why we move a long.

But it's tough when coming on and I see people already voting on a match up where I haven't even clarified my intentions.

I probably don't pitch King Felix 5th for example. And Altuve sure as shit ain't batting lead off.

So basically, I agree with you and also see why things move so quickly.

Disclaimer. I am in no way saying I'd run things better, this place would be in shambles with me at the helm.

Sorry about Altuve man, I surely would have changed it had you said something.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you WLK for stating your concerns. Why not have a time limit where each matchup has to be 1 day long. The voting doesn't start until after the 2 people in the matchup stated/posted 3 times there thoughts on their team. Then Nos opens up the voting to everyone. The guys voting get to see what the 2 participant's posted on their team and it plays a factor into their vote.

That's a pretty good idea however time sensitivity is still needed... People might lose interest if it takes too long... What I've learned here and also doing something similar elsewhere is that everybody LOVES the draft, nobody wants to believe their picks weren't the right ones, and nobody wants to do the research... The fact you guys have done so many tells me personally that you've researched almost if not every player picked but newer guys might not see that... In reality it's still about preference and philosophy so if somebody is wrong they're going to lose... I just think giving guys time to argue might make them feel better about it... I know I'd look into what Hockey was saying if I'd read all his arguements prior to my vote... It might not change my mind but I'd give it extra time...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about Altuve man, I surely would have changed it had you said something.

That wasn't a difference maker anyways. It was just more a example that if I had time, I woulda lined things up different.

That's what's tough. You do a great job of consistently updating our rosters and keeping track of everything so we do this as efficiently as possible but can't realistically be expected to know what all our strategies are.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good idea could be playing off what Ritz just said and how you guys used to do it with posting lineups and 3 stats.

Forget the 3 stats. But let everyone set their line up and get their piece in like Ritz suggested.

I don't think we'd have to wait full days for each match up.

Just PM people like we do for being OTC. Say "state your case" and let everyone go.

Makes us all more the coaches/managers to our teams.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not a full day, we give each team an hour or so to post strengths of their team or reasons they'd win without writing a book (WLK) lolzzz

Agreed, I get long winded just look at my posts lol... The one I did outside of here people wrote a 1500 word gameplan, and they had to limit that so people wouldn't go 2000... That brings shit way down... However, I was just throwing some things out there... Like Hockey I would run this to the ground so I appreciate how you guys are handling this... Just trying to help and maybe give you a different viewpoint...